EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Marrying A divorced Woman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marrying A divorced Woman
kiss
Member # 4635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to know why Egyption family would have difficuties to accept a Foreign divorced woman with three children. We all need to to remember everything around the world is changing right. I know as a fact in Egypt there is allot of divorced people now. And also we need too remember for what happen on Sept 11 doesn't mean all the Muslims are bad. We can't be races in life there is a saying What goes around comes around. It could happen to any of us even the most normal families in Egypt.

Thank you

Posts: 28 | From: Torontol, Ontario Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kiss:
I want to know why Egyption family would have difficuties to accept a Foreign divorced woman with three children. We all need to to remember everything around the world is changing right. I know as a fact in Egypt there is allot of divorced people now. And also we need too remember for what happen on Sept 11 doesn't mean all the Muslims are bad. We can't be races in life there is a saying What goes around comes around. It could happen to any of us even the most normal families in Egypt.

Thank you

Dear Kiss
In my experience it is a personal family matter not an Egyptian matter. As you say the divorce rate in Egypt is high and to some families it is acceptable and to some it is not. Divorce is in anycase an accepted solution within Islam ( all be it as a last resort)....in a way it is not acceptable in christianity.

I myself am divorced and my acceptance into the family came once they got to know me and not before. We took things very slowly and met the family one by one, each member of the family in turn became supportive. We sort of started on the outside and worked our way in. My husband's mother is now fully accepting of me.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thank you

Dear Kiss
In my experience it is a personal family matter not an Egyptian matter. As you say the divorce rate in Egypt is high and to some families it is acceptable and to some it is not. Divorce is in anycase an accepted solution within Islam ( all be it as a last resort)....in a way it is not acceptable in christianity.

I myself am divorced and my acceptance into the family came once they got to know me and not before. We took things very slowly and met the family one by one, each member of the family in turn became supportive. We sort of started on the outside and worked our way in. My husband's mother is now fully accepting of me.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree with Penny each family is different and each divorcee is different. It is certainly not a terrible thing to be hidden from the neighbours if the woman fits in.

There are attitudes about children though, depending on their background. In Egypt the children would not be taken from the father. So at one and the same time they can look down on you for doing this and worry that you might do it with any children you would have with their son.

You should chat to your fella about this and see if it would be an issue in his family. If it is and if your children are mature enough to back it up, a white lie might come in handy.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there an age difference? Egyptian families wish for grandchildren usually. Just a thought.
Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kiss
Member # 4635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Monica there is no age differance he turn 34 in March and I turn 34 in May.

I can't speak bad about his family because his family accepted me in their family. I get to speak to mama at least once week and to baba. His Aunts and Uncles and cousin also accept me. I a Italian Canadian born in toronto canada and my parents were born in Italy. But I feel there is issues from other people. But i feel when there is love between two people i mean real love no one could stop it. In life you need to go through the experience to understand the feeling that someone is going through. They have already 4 grandchildren and also accepted my children as their own that makes 7 grandchildren. Life is so funny but my younger son who is 8 years is the image of my husband to be. God is wonderful. My children look like Egypt children but they are not. My ex husband is Jamaican.

Thank you

Posts: 28 | From: Torontol, Ontario Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards with other people..don't worry about that..people will always find issues to gossip, I guess.

If your future husband's family accepted you so nicely...then enjoy!!

The rest is not really important, they will get used to you being the new wife, and end up accepting you!

quote:
No Monica there is no age differance he turn 34 in March and I turn 34 in May.

I can't speak bad about his family because his family accepted me in their family. I get to speak to mama at least once week and to baba. His Aunts and Uncles and cousin also accept me. I a Italian Canadian born in toronto canada and my parents were born in Italy. But I feel there is issues from other people. But i feel when there is love between two people i mean real love no one could stop it. In life you need to go through the experience to understand the feeling that someone is going through. They have already 4 grandchildren and also accepted my children as their own that makes 7 grandchildren. Life is so funny but my younger son who is 8 years is the image of my husband to be. God is wonderful. My children look like Egypt children but they are not. My ex husband is Jamaican.

Thank you

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lee jones
Member # 4529

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lee jones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regard to the children of a single mother being frowned upon in Egypt due to the muslim practice of the father having custody...you realise that the children must go to the muslim parent, of course, so there is no problem in this if the ex-husband is non-muslim, or dead. This must be common among females who have embraced Islam as adults, yes?
Posts: 26 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lee jones:
In regard to the children of a single mother being frowned upon in Egypt due to the muslim practice of the father having custody...you realise that the children must go to the muslim parent, of course, so there is no problem in this if the ex-husband is non-muslim, or dead. This must be common among females who have embraced Islam as adults, yes?

Single motherhood...meaning by divorce,widowing...families tend to accept if the their son was in the same situation..emphasis on tend.Problems arise if you have an iligitimate child...especially if he is a practicing Muslim...everyone is not the same though.Families tend to frown upon women who had children out of wedlock...again I say tend...but it depends mostly on the type of family.Once again ...everyone is not the same!If the father was of another religion as he is dead as you have mentioned...it should not be a problem if the woman wants to convert ...but still it depends on the type of family.Some are open minded and some are just stone headed

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingrid
Member # 4230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ingrid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Jane
I very much would like to ask you someting personal. Is there any way I can send you an e-mail?

Posts: 14 | From: Netherlands | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes you can eamil me at janeREMOVE@THISflatsinluxor.co.uk

the remove this is to avoid the spam robots

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingrid
Member # 4230

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ingrid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jane I tried to send it but it's not working. It says the Domain Name Service doesn't excist.
Posts: 14 | From: Netherlands | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
you are supposed to REMOVE THIS so it is jane@flats........

if you publish your email on a forum the spam robots get hold of it lol

------------------

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Qur'an states: "Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands if they mutually agree."

We all know that marriage failure makes people change. Some become more mature and more courageous. Others become more pessimistic or dissolute.

So may be this is one of the reasons of their refusal.

As a matter of fact, whether U was voluntarily or involuntarily divorced, U will see that some of your best friends keep a distance from you as if they fear you would seduce their husbands.

May be this is another reason of refusal.

Third one is the relegion, some Moslem men don't like to marry a Christian woman, and Christian man can not marry a Moslem woman.

What about kids, do U know any thing about the economic situation in Egypt?
Have U ever thought how can a man in his first steps in life grow a 3 kids? How much he needs to spend on food and education for them?

Last thing, if he is really a man, who loves U, and beleives in U, and loves the kids, I think he must stand on front of his family and marry U.

Just my thoughts.
Best of luck with this man or any other man.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
The Qur'an states: "Do not prevent them from marrying their husbands if they mutually agree."

We all know that marriage failure makes people change. Some become more mature and more courageous. Others become more pessimistic or dissolute.

So may be this is one of the reasons of their refusal.

As a matter of fact, whether U was voluntarily or involuntarily divorced, U will see that some of your best friends keep a distance from you as if they fear you would seduce their husbands.

May be this is another reason of refusal.

Third one is the relegion, some Moslem men don't like to marry a Christian woman, and Christian man can not marry a Moslem woman.

What about kids, do U know any thing about the economic situation in Egypt?
Have U ever thought how can a man in his first steps in life grow a 3 kids? How much he needs to spend on food and education for them?

Last thing, if he is really a man, who loves U, and beleives in U, and loves the kids, I think he must stand on front of his family and marry U.

Just my thoughts.
Best of luck with this man or any other man.

The best advice i ever heard!!!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. Am just thinking logic

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com