EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » there is just no let up is there

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: there is just no let up is there
stellalocal
Member # 4064

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stellalocal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all and sundry me again.Well thank you for your comments wise-woman the incident you are talking about in 2001 i dont remember but i may well have said that to the waiter but i can assure you it was only joking believe me or not that is up to you ---- and the rest of you , and yes to anyone else i do sometimes catch hold of the waiters not in a sexual way either and we pretend to be battering them but its all a game if i grab the waiters hair he shouts and screams but im not even holding it come and ask the waiters yourself and get the answers of them when we are not there i have nothing to hide they respect us and we respect them. We do have several gay men coming into the place and they try to chat the waiters up and have even touched them up this is nipped in the bud straight away and some people are told not to return again our place is not a pick up joint i like to think it is a respectable place for anyone to come to.I have a great deal of respect for egyptians and the muslim religeon but my private life is my own i dont thrust it on anyone and we keep ourselves very much to ourselves and we are very private people.Coming near to the end of my teather now 7.5 years here and we have built up a good reputation not just in busines but as people having got a very clean reputation ask the local egyptians yourself.I have never felt so screwed up since all this started and it is time to move on from Luxor, i am gay i am NOT dirty or perverted i do not have any disrespect for the muslims or the egyptians but some of you feel i should be deported well i wont be as i have done nothing wrong in this community but i can leave on my own accord and believe me that time is very close so some of you should be very happy. Feel sad for our staf as they will be out of work and have been with us for 5 years and more as thats how bad we are to them.Luxor lover you have said some nice things about me but you also think i should be ousted out jaguar well you couldnt even stick to the topic you had to hurl abuse about fat pigs etc but wont do it to my face.Name calling dont bother me but too many of you seem to think i shouldnt be here so with other things taken into account it is time to move on.Really sad to be leaving as i love this place and the people we have done alot of good here and we have done nothing bad sorry for the way i treat my staf but if its not all in fun why do they stay i swear no-one has ever had anything bad happen to them from us staff or otherwise.Oh by the way luxorlover if that woman did ask me that then i will have answered in jest it must have been someone we know as if i hadnt known her she might just have been in line for a belt in the mouth or certainly a load of abuse i dont remember this incident i can only think it was only in joking anyway it dont matter.
Posts: 99 | From: egypt | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi John. No, I never ever said you should be chucked out. I said if people do not like the laws they should campaign to change them. That is not the same thimg.

As for the incident I mentioned, it IS a mutual friend and you laughed - as would anyone that knew you - BUT not those who did not, they would take it seriously. A visitor would think differently of you as Wise-Woman did.

Everyone wants to leave Luxor at some time or other. To be truthtful I get that feeling at least once every day usualy when I have had an argument in the souk - which also seems to be every day .

Chin up. Smile and let it go.

PS: I shall be in to see you next week and I want a special helping of shepherd's pie. I'll introduce myself - wanted or unwanted. As a true gesture of reconciliation I might even ask Ahmed to join me (regular posters will understand the humour there )

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 30 July 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stellalocal:
bla bla bla.....I have never felt so screwed up since all this started and it is time to move on from Luxor, i am gay i am NOT dirty or perverted.........bla bla bla ....I can leave on my own accord and believe me that time is very close so some of you should be very happy. Feel sad for our staf as they will be out of work and have been with us for 5 years and more as thats how bad we are to bla bla bla

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnit! I just found your restaurant, and now you say you're going to close it? CRAP!
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont close before sunday. I want my dinner and a nice cold STELLA LOCAL.

Keep your chin up. If they are talking about you then they are leaving others alone.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenzie - I have received requests to bring things back with me, mainly mature Cheddar. Do you want some brining back too? It won't be a huge bit as the case in almost full of cheese and (dare I say it?) - bacon.

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the offer LL but I am well stocked up already.

I have a huge stock of Marmite, HP Sauce, Salad Cream etc.

Thanks anyway.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
My Marmite settled into a solid lump. How are you keeping it 'fresh'. - or am I just not eating it quickly enough
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
My Marmite settled into a solid lump. How are you keeping it 'fresh'. - or am I just not eating it quickly enough

Ok ok, I have to ask - Uh, what exactly is marmite??

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
To the British it is Marmite, to the Aussies it is Vegemite. Same stuff. Thick black and sticky. You either love it or hate it. It's a yeast extract that is spread on bread, toast or crackers.
SETTI
Member # 1365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SETTI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi john don't you dare think of closing as you will have pam and me to deal with and she will not like it if she can not have her shepherd's pie with cheese, HA HA HA now you know who we are anyway as she told you on the phone we can come over again this year but it will be in september or november just have to get the right weeks so you keep your chin up and we will see both soon. rob
Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FF John... don't be a spoilt Brat... You've got to stay... PLEASAE???? Sacrifice FF John... Not for LL.. nor for Debbie... Kenzie..... SETTI.. Egyptian Economy and Tourism....not even the poor staff... But for Luxor.. and their poor under 16 year old lads! Expect you to give us your final verdict next friday straight after Friday's prayer. Barak Allah Feek.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
What else would they do after prayers on a Friday Jag ?
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
ya Luxor ya Lover... I have no idea.. thank God !
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Enjoy !
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000309.html

dreamcatcher
Member # 3938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dreamcatcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
Enjoy !
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/000309.html

THE PLOT THICKENS.
Dreamcatcher

Posts: 286 | From: south africa | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com