EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » 24 hours before take off to Luxor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 24 hours before take off to Luxor
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
24 hours before we take off to Luxor (and Aswan later on). I feel happy.

I love the country, the atmosphere, the sympathic smiling people, the harrasing sellers everywhere, the Kaleshes that take us back in time.OK, we will have to say 'no' in a polite way to all the offers we get on the streets, we learned to communicate in an indirect and friendly way, My wife will be offered heaven on eath, she will be called the most beautifull woman on earth,... and still... I love it.

Egypt, see you tomorow

In spite of all the bad news about Egypt on this forum (and believe me, I do understand why, no offence), I love Luxor

Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try and pop in and see us while you are here. We are only 10 minutes from the ferry

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Dirk.

Where are you staying?

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thx
Thx!

How can we find you in Luxor?

The first night we'll stay in hotel Happy Land. The next morning we move on to Aswan, to go to the wedding of an Egyptian friend.At the end of the week we'll come back to Luxor, than we'll stay with a friend at the west bank.

Posts: 71 | From: Belgium | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like you have a full plan. Hope you have time to rest.

Have a wonderful time.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk:
Thx
Thx!

How can we find you in Luxor?

The first night we'll stay in hotel Happy Land. The next morning we move on to Aswan, to go to the wedding of an Egyptian friend.At the end of the week we'll come back to Luxor, than we'll stay with a friend at the west bank.

If you have a friend on the West Bank he will know our flats. They are 10 minutes from the Nile ferry in Al Gezera village just past the Mobile petrol station big 4 story cream and green building with swimming pool. As we are the only ones on the West Bank with a swimming pool that normally clarifies things lol

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we have the time, we will pop in.

Yes, a full program... we were'nt planning to go this summer, but if a good friend is getting married, you wanna be there

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You lucky thing Dirk!!
I still have 3 weeks to wait! It feels like forever!!

Have a wonderful time, enjoy the wedding, and have fun!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsonkick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky Dirk ......... He will be there now!!
I have 3 weeks and 4 days till my trip ( No I am not counting! .. but it is only 16 work days!) .... I am so excited ... like a kid on Christmas morning! Shareen looks like we will be there at the same time!! joanne

Posts: 42 | From: isle of man uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by wilsonkick:
Lucky Dirk ......... He will be there now!!
I have 3 weeks and 4 days till my trip ( No I am not counting! .. but it is only 16 work days!) .... I am so excited ... like a kid on Christmas morning! Shareen looks like we will be there at the same time!! joanne

Well as Shareen is staying at the flats (complete with peanut butter and marmite) you have to come and visit. I can take you to meet some of the children you clothed as well. Although some of the clothes are a bit dirty now lol

------------------

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What date do you go Joanne? I would love to meet up with you if you are there at the same time as me..
Lol, like Jane says, we are staying at the flats this time, so you can get to meet both of us! Lmao, arent you the lucky one!

Oh, and personally, I hate both peanut butter and marmite! Jane, they are all yours love!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilsonkick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I will leave Isle Of Man (UK) on June 26th! Will be in Cairo 26th-28th ... Aswan 29th-31st ... Luxor 1st-4th ... Hurghada 5th-8th,... So will we be in Luxor at the same time? It would be realy great to meet up with you both!! I have more childrens clothes so the dirty ones can be replaced!! aAlso I will have Shareens share of the peanut butter I love it! ... The marmite I could not stomach!! .... Akshar do you need me to bring you any thing British!! Let me know ASAP as my case is already packed! I have it brimming over with things for my friends family! ... Lots of clothes for the children in his family ... but plenty to share with you! I shall definatley come over to the flats as I will need to give you some clothes to give out
Posts: 42 | From: isle of man uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Joanne, looks like we will miss each other, I will only be there from 21/7 to 28/7. But I am sure Jane will be delighted to meet you! I'll tell her to leave you some peanut butter!
Have fun anyway!!!

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
We will have to arrange an ES ladies week and you all come to Luxor at the same time. Shareen you are missing Moll as well as she leaves before you arrive. Still I get to see everyone.

Jo could you get me some shirt buttons if you have time. Just ordinary white ones. I am losing them of all my clothes and I can adjust the buttonholes if they are the wrong size. i have already given Shareen a much too long list lol

------------------

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
I know I am missing Moll, Jane. She flies home as I land. I tried to persuade her to let BW go home alone, but to no avail lol.
But with any luck we can wave to each other as we cross over at the airport!

wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Jane going out to collect your buttons today! .... Tony (my husband) reminded me of a shop close by that has a large bin with about 20,000 buttons in it! .... I will get you your shirt buttons but also would you like a load of the ''bin buttons''? ... You basically get a mixture of buttons! All different sizes and colours! .... Tony just thought you may like them! Please let me know! Joanne
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Jane going out to collect your buttons today! .... Tony (my husband) reminded me of a shop close by that has a large bin with about 20,000 buttons in it! .... I will get you your shirt buttons but also would you like a load of the ''bin buttons''? ... You basically get a mixture of buttons! All different sizes and colours! .... Tony just thought you may like them! Please let me know! Joanne

It's Ok just shirt buttons will be fine. It is mainly my tops that seem to lose the wretched things. I love those bin things but never actually get round to using them. lol

------------------

Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
hi Jane,

Even when it was a very short visit, unexpected, it was nice to meet you.

Unfortunatly our holidays ended up desastrous... We both got very sick (remember) and it got worse and worse.

Finaly i got totaly deshydrated before I got home.

Next time better.

frances
Member # 4681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for frances     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11 weeks today to my trip to luxor
Posts: 62 | From: england | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirk
Member # 4259

Rate Member
If you need a reliable driver to bring you to several monuments, please let me know. A good guide with a fair price can be important.

[This message has been edited by Dirk (edited 12 July 2004).]

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk:
hi Jane,

Even when it was a very short visit, unexpected, it was nice to meet you.

Unfortunatly our holidays ended up desastrous... We both got very sick (remember) and it got worse and worse.

Finaly i got totaly deshydrated before I got home.

Next time better.

It was great to meet you as well. I am sorry you were so ill what a pity. It was totally an Egyptian thing that you managed to find me in the village. I can not imagine that happening anywhere else.

------------------

wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
12 days till I go!! Jane I have your buttons! Do I just get my friend to bring me to the other side of the Nile and ask some one for you????...thanks Joanne
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
12 days till I go!! Jane I have your buttons! Do I just get my friend to bring me to the other side of the Nile and ask some one for you????...thanks Joanne

That seemed to work for Dirk lol

Actually if you take a gentle stroll up the main road until you go passed the petrol station and then a litle further on the left you will see the flats. Big cream/green building you can't miss it.

You can ask for Mahmoud and Jane's place or Mahmoud Jalan's place or the flats with the swimming pool by the benzene.

------------------

Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Die drama is alles oor...jy het absoluut niks om oor te worry nie!Daar is security police oral...jy sal veilig teen alle tye voel!...geniet dit!!!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ek moes die datum gesien het...jammer dat dit in n desaster verander het.Miskien volgende keer sal dit fantasties wees!

Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alresalat
Member # 4960

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alresalat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ty my friend i am fromluxor & hop that all get what u said about luxor
Posts: 13 | From: luxor | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com