EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Extending a tourist visa??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Extending a tourist visa??
AussieGirl
Member # 5126

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for AussieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be returning to Egypt at the beginning of December (I'm working in London at the moment), with the intention of staying for 5 months, both to travel and to live with my Egyptian boyfriend so we can get to know each other better and figure out whether or not we have enough of a future for him to move to Australia to be with me.

I can only get a tourist visa for 3 months, but I'm aware that it's possible to get this extended in Egypt. My question is, do any of you have any experience with getting a visa extended?? What kinds of things would I need to show officials there?? I can definitely prove I intend to leave after an extra two months - I have documents from my Australian employer stating I need to be back at my job on a certain date, and I have air tickets back to Australia already. Plus, I'll have bank statements showing I have about 50,000 Egyptian pounds to live on during my stay there.

Is this likely to get my visa extended an extra 2 months?? I just don't want to get there and then be kicked out after 3 months

[This message has been edited by AussieGirl (edited 24 August 2004).]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you can get a tourist visa extended almost indefinitely. If you're in Cairo you can go to the Mugamma and get a re-entry visa, valid for one year, for 65 pounds, usually without any problems. I've never heard of anyone who had to supply any kind of documents - like the ones you're mentioning - for that.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AussieGirl
Member # 5126

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for AussieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh that's good to know I was just reading a few internet sites and they mentioned they sometimes like proof that you have enough funds to support yourself for the intended length of stay.......but if I don't need to prove it, all the better
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need a photocopy of the details and entry visa pages from your passport and a photo.

The form is simple just name, address and it costs 46 Egyptian for one year.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com