EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Banks ATM Machines Withdrawal Limi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Banks ATM Machines Withdrawal Limi
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walesoje1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I would like to know various banks ATM machine withdrawal limit in Egypt. Please kindly check ATM machines that has Maestro Logo on them and tell me the various limits on

CITIBANK EGYPT
HSBC MIDDLE EAST EGYPT 6000
COMMERCIAL INTL BANK
Barclays Bank

Please help me as I need to know these soonest.

Posts: 12 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi walesoje1!

Without going out to check each of the individual banks for you, when I tried to withdraw money from an overseas account using various ATM machines here in Cairo the limit was between 1,500 LE to 3,000 LE. You can use this link to get a good estimate of the exchange rate: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walesoje1
Member # 7245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for walesoje1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Hi walesoje1!

Without going out to check each of the individual banks for you, when I tried to withdraw money from an overseas account using various ATM machines here in Cairo the limit was between 1,500 LE to 3,000 LE. You can use this link to get a good estimate of the exchange rate: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Thanks for your message but from the information on HSBC website they said their limit is 6,000LE.

Posts: 12 | From: lagos, nigeria | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadya
Member # 7341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before my husband went back home to Cairo, we both went to Chase and told them he would be debiting from our mutual account. The woman at the bank dutifully entered a note into the system, detailing the length of stay, the city etc..

Much to my husband's surprise, JP Morgan Chase still would not allow him to take money from the account in certain (and unexplainable) circumstances. This got to be quite a headache.

Then on my husband's return home, his baggage was slightly over the limit for weight so he had to pay the equivalent of $40 at the airport. Later that night a representative from Chase called my home and asked if I was the primary on the account. He started to advise me foreign transactions were being made against my account. I explained to him my husband made those transactions, and I referenced the note in their system.

He said, on debits my husband could transact what ever he wished. On credit, we had no note referenced in that part of the account. Therefore, all the credit card transactions were automatically denied.

He also stated that chase uses only specific teller machines with the logo of "cirrus" would permit transactions because they are more secure teller machines than others.

Anyway, I told the man to let my husband take whatever money he needed. The representative set the account open to foreign transactions for the next 24 hours, and my husband came safely home.

Posts: 52 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com