EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Marriage advice!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marriage advice!
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an egyptian young man and I have a female friend that I have known for a good couple of years now!
The only problem I live in London while she lives in Cairo, Egypt! (It's not a massive problem, but read on!)

Our emotions are growing stronger and I trust her with all my life and so does she, we are a strong and unique couple.

My father passed away a while ago so it proves difficult to get any advice. Both of my parents are egyptian, but they got married here in England, so they don't know the ways of Egypt and marriage.

I just need some help and advice.

I would like to know what is the proper way in Egypt for a marriage.

Now I know there are 3 stages, the first being where the fatha is read, then engagement and finally the marriage. Is that correct? Has it changed?

Can anyone help me please!

I have more questions, but I want to go step by step!

I would appreciate it for your support!

Many thanks!

Mo

Posts: 51 | From: London | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifeAgift
Member # 7143

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifeAgift     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF she is Muslim then you need to first go to her parents and ask for their consent to be engaged to her. Since you already know her this period of time is more out of respect for the family and in an effort to let her community and potentila suitors know that she is spoken for. You can get married as soon as you like with parental and your fiances approval.
Posts: 42 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have spoken to her mother last year and I asked to take her hand, and she agreed!

Myself and my future fiance are ready, but we do not want to rush.

I would like the procedure to marriage in Egypt.

Posts: 51 | From: London | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eg Prince
Are you a British Citizen?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Yeh i am an egyptian citizen!

why?

penelope
Member # 7434

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for penelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi prince, before going on have u told ur girl about the circumstances of england, I understood that she is going to live with u there, alone without her family, is that ok with her, would she like the style of life there which is totally different of that of egypt??
Posts: 219 | From: cairo, egypt | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Yeah, I have spoken to her mother last year, and her mother and my future fiance are ok with the idea.

She excepts that there will be a massive difference in culture as she studies global studies and knows 4 languages including English, she is very opened minded.

It's hard because I am in London and she's in Cairo.

My idea was for her to come to London for a month or two to get used to the lifestyle and see if she could adjust to it.

I could leave out in Cairo, as I go there every year for holiday while she has not been to London before!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egyptian-prince you remind me of my fiance! his parents like yours immigrated but to australia and london. he was born and raised there. so he had NO IDEA about egyptian traditions and customs. you should have seen him on our engagment day, he was scared to death and looked like he wanted to bolt out of the door!
the cultural difference created so many obstacles for us, he made so many mistakes that really pissed my family off. to him it was normal, to my family it was rude!
i would really like to help you, but i would prefer i do it through the email because i will probably tell you some mistakes he and i did so that you can avoid them. some of this stuff, however,is very personal and i wouldnt want to discuss it on a public forum. anyway just email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com
hope i can help you inshallah!

best

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't get the guy afraid already of what supposed to be his most happy and wonderful day in his life!

You are not socializing with other Egyptians in London to ask them about marriage proceedings and you don't have contact to anyone, not even family members, back in Egypt?

Anyway, Egyptian_prince, you go there, marry her and you are out of there with her living in England. How difficult can this be?

I am happy for you both and all the best luck in this world!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 15 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Thanks for the nice message!

I am aware that things will not go smoothly (what does)?

The reason why I joined here was to get good advice, and I have to say, it's all been good, even what you have said was good too.

I do have egyptian contacts here, but unfortunately they have lost their faith and have tried so many times to help them but they have told to leave them alone.

In regards to family in Egypt, yes I do have family, but the problem is that I tell someone something and the next thing you know the whole of Egypt knows, lol!

I want to keep it low as nothing as of yet has been confirmed and I would get people involved later!

Thanks again!

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian_prince:
Yeh i am an egyptian citizen!

why?

I asked if you were a British citizen, which is not what you have answered. If you are a British citizen then you are also going to have to comply with the rules for marriage for the UK as well as Egypt in order for your wife to come to England.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian_prince:

In regards to family in Egypt, yes I do have family, but the problem is that I tell someone something and the next thing you know the whole of Egypt knows, lol!

that is sooooooo true

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
Nice one ak!

lol

so what can one do?

egyptian_prince
Member # 7637

Rate Member
sorry penny, i am british!

i have read up on what you are saying!

you are so right!

Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.egypt-law.com
Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com