EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Train to Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Train to Cairo
Spireite
Member # 7406

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spireite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be in Luxor in a few days time and would like to go to Cairo for the day.
Any advice would be welcomed.

Posts: 9 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember i took the train once from aswan to cairo, it was about 12 hours. its a sleeping train, with a bed and all.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your tour company will offer day trips to Cairo. It takes about an hour to fly from Luxor to Cairo, they meet you in Cairo and provide a full day sightseeing. Its the only way to do it if you want to just go for the day. You can do it yourself, and use taxis when you arrive in Cairo, but the flight alone will cost you about £150 each.
Alternatively you can take the overnight train, either First Class with reclining seats, or you can take the sleeper train. You leave Luxor around 9pm, arriving in Cairo around 6am. That will give you a good full day in Cairo, and you could return on the following night. Its around 9 hours plus on the train. It all depends on how much time you want to spend seeing Cairo.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for the train if cost is an issue for you.

The sleeper train will be $53 one way. That includes dinner and breakfast and a bed.

The other train is about $15 one way. It includes the reclining seat (like a first class airline seat in width and comfort) but no meals.

If you want to spend a night or two there are numerous hotels to choose from in all price ranges. Just post your preferences and we can help with that.

If you want some site-seeing help while in Cairo, take a minute to check out www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Thanks

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com