EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » From Cairo airport to Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: From Cairo airport to Hurghada
Miss_Smile
Member # 7873

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss_Smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.
Im looking for a help.
Anyone knows how to go from Cairo airport to Hurghada? Which would be the best way? Bus? Train? And prices..?
Then I would also like to know what time eg. busses are going. My flight should be in Cairo around 3-4 am.
And what do you think, is it safe to travel alone this trip? Im a girl in the twenties.
Thank you very much for the answers, I appreciate them a lot!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bergamo
Member # 7123

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bergamo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
good day
pls note that the bus is very safety and cheaper than to rent a car there are el gouna bus or super jest prices about 55 l.e (egyptian pounds) about 10 usd$ only u can asked the office of tourist information inside the airport
are u book it an hotel in hurghada or not ?
welcome to egypt
pls feel free to contacted me if you need any further information or details also hope to meet u
my e-mail : miasolimane@yahoo.com
best wishes
mohamed
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Smile:
Hi.
Im looking for a help.
Anyone knows how to go from Cairo airport to Hurghada? Which would be the best way? Bus? Train? And prices..?
Then I would also like to know what time eg. busses are going. My flight should be in Cairo around 3-4 am.
And what do you think, is it safe to travel alone this trip? Im a girl in the twenties.

Posts: 38 | From: bergamo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Miss_Smile:
Hi.
Im looking for a help.

Hi Miss smile!!! (cute name!!)

At that time, you may have to wait a few hours for a bus.. I think maybe 7 is the earliest... this is an El Gouna Bus.
Ask a taxi driver for El Gouna bus station at Al Mahza.. near Heliopolis.. shouldnt cost more than about 30 to 40 Egyptian pounds... it will cost 55 Egyptian pounds for the bus..... I've done the journey many times alone... my daughter too.. she's 25. The first time she was scared to do it alone, but, after she did it,once, no problem!!
If you are dressed modestly you will not have any problems.. you're quite safe! Lots of families on this bus.. it;s the normal Egyptian way to travel! This journey takes about 6 hours... buses are usually air conditioned.... you will often get a soft drink and a cake or something too!! Usually also they have toilets, and they make a stop in a cafe, but this is usually fairly near Hurghada.

Superjet buses are ok, but only one a day, I think! Around lunchtime.... and.. avoid East delta and Upper Egypt travel... usually skanky buses!

Hope this helps.. and have a good trip!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss_Smile
Member # 7873

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Miss_Smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for your answers!
I still would like to ask if it is possible to get the timetables for the buses somewhere? And where the bus is leaving and so on. Or is it always Cairo bus station?
Thank you very much from your help!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarekhe
Member # 7908

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarekhe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you need any help to rent hotel of flat in Hurghada you can confirm me at info@hourastours.com
or www.hourastours.com

+20123215691

yours Tarek

Posts: 18 | From: Hurghada, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarekhe
Member # 7908

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarekhe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
give me your email address and i will send to you all the information about the bus between cairo to Hurghada with all deatil

yours
Tarek

Posts: 18 | From: Hurghada, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss_Smile
Member # 7873

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss_Smile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much for all the information! This will help me a lot with my coming to Egypt!
My email is miss_sun_lover@yahoo.com and yes Tarek it would be nice to get the information about the busses.
Place for living I should have already

WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am to a western woman and to be honest I travel regularly on this route and have had no problem, you ARE totally safe and its not a bad trip by bus too. Dress sensibly and take a bottle of water and a snack. You can either travel from Hurghada by Superjet or by the El Gouna bus cost 55LE one way. The journey can vary and takes 5-5.5hrs, toilets are so/so not as clean as expected but they normally stop once. They usually play a video on board sometimes its an egyptian film, sometimes western and its a pleasant journey which runs along the red sea for 80% of the time so pleasant views. Air Conditioned but dont expect anything too fancy. El Gouna bus a little nice than the Superjet and they drop you off off Rameses Hilton so your right in the heart of Cairo and taxis there are plenty and cheap. They run every 4-5 hrs I have a timetable but I note someone has offered this to you - if you need any more help let me know. have a good trip !
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whipy
Member # 8172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whipy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! You mention that you have a timetable for El Gouna bus. We arrive at Hurghada at 5pm on a Friday and need to get to Cairo that night. It seems that SuperJet only has one bus and we shall miss it. Upper Egypt Bus has busses going at 7.30pm, 8.30pm and 10.30pm but it sounds like El Gouna woudl be more pleasant. Do you know if they have a bus going to Cairo sometime after 7pm on a Friday night. Or maybe you could email or fax me a copy of their timetable? email is gill@calcompgraphics.com Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by WELSHLADYUK:
Hi, I am to a western woman and to be honest I travel regularly on this route and have had no problem, you ARE totally safe and its not a bad trip by bus too. Dress sensibly and take a bottle of water and a snack. You can either travel from Hurghada by Superjet or by the El Gouna bus cost 55LE one way. The journey can vary and takes 5-5.5hrs, toilets are so/so not as clean as expected but they normally stop once. They usually play a video on board sometimes its an egyptian film, sometimes western and its a pleasant journey which runs along the red sea for 80% of the time so pleasant views. Air Conditioned but dont expect anything too fancy. El Gouna bus a little nice than the Superjet and they drop you off off Rameses Hilton so your right in the heart of Cairo and taxis there are plenty and cheap. They run every 4-5 hrs I have a timetable but I note someone has offered this to you - if you need any more help let me know. have a good trip !

Posts: 2 | From: Trabuco Canyon, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just experienced this arriving in Cairo by plane at 2.10 at night and I only needed to go to another terminal but even that was a bit complicated at night because taxi drivers sense you do not have a glue nor alternative, so I was charged triply I believe anyway I considered it my inauguration cost. For the second the bus stations in Cairo are crazy crazy crazy places, Ramses looks not much more than rows of spaces under a great big bridge or something, there are no numbers or signs or anything so everything is based on mouth-of-word (correct?) PLUS there is nowhere to wait at night, no terminal, you wait on street. It maybe even is not dangerous but it certainly is not a dream start to any journey . So my suggestion would be to come off your plane, take your luggage and at first go sit down in some cafe in the terminal which is actually a normal nice recently renovated terminal, in the land of pharaons they are not stingy with their public buildings ya know, and try to spend the first 2 hours there. There is probably a kind of info desk if you wish walk around which may even take some pain to help you with current bus timetables and similar, they really go great lengths for a single and seemingly helpless female, it's in their culture and upbringing I believe, or maybe security orders, but nothing to do with sex appeal or don't say I'm being naiive , and also a lot of men of various airport-related professions and levels of seniority or security walk around so it is possible they come and ask if all is OK or similar, in which case you can also always ask them for best suggestions.
Near 5 o'clock the sun is rising already and it is a good time to start journey into town to reach it around 6 when first buses to any direction often start about 6.30-7.00. You will also not suffer from the feeling the floor is shaking, any more, so you'll feel and look more confident, an essential preconditons to successful handling with taxidrivers and other businessmen.
Uh, anyone?

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 28 June 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hkhodier
Member # 705

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for hkhodier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i can help me only say the day you come and we will send a good car for take you any place with good price 200 e p in dollar 30
Posts: 106 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptair have 3x daily flights from Cairo to Hurghada:

MS159 departs Cairo@06:15, arriving into Hurghada@07:15
MS151 departs Cairo@09:15, arriving into Hurghada@10:15
MS153 departs Cairo@23:00, arriving into Hurghada@23:59

Flights can be as cheap as 70LEs (one way).

Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monada
Member # 8269

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Monada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Can anyone help me and my husband?? We are going to hurghada the 10.10.05 at 13.45 and we want to travel to cairo as soon as posible.
We want to travel with bus or airplane.

Thanks!! :-)

Posts: 1 | From: Denmark | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com