EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Uk flights to Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uk flights to Cairo
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone got any good Uk agents for booking flights to Cairo. My usual agent has just gone up by £80 as says it is high season. I did not think there was a high season for schedule flights.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try here http://www.charterflights.co.uk/flights/egypt/luxor/ these are charter flights but there is one for Luxor for £32 GBP and Hurghada for £164. Don't you live in Hurghada so this might be a good opportunity. At prices like that to Luxor I would be prepared to get the train from Luxor to Cairo if you have to go to Cairo
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guitar
Member # 8304

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for guitar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello penny . how are you ? my name is hany from egypt . it is my wish to meet you in egypt . and like to see you just if you want. i will be happy . just send me my e_mail. guitarnight2003@hotmail.com

Posts: 9 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good link akshar! I see elsewhere that you can get an internal flight from Luxor to Cairo that takes about an hour, do you have any idea what the cost of those might be?
Someone at work told me the rail journey from Cairo to Luxor (or vice versa) is fantastic - so it might be nice to do it one time but maybe an internal flight most of the time would be better.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pe@rson
Member # 6764

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pe@rson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by catlover:
That's a good link akshar! I see elsewhere that you can get an internal flight from Luxor to Cairo that takes about an hour, do you have any idea what the cost of those might be?

Egyptair have between 7 and 8 daily flights between Cairo and Luxor.

The airfare would depend on whether you're Egyptian or a foreigner and how early you book. If you're Egyptian and book early you can find a one way flight for 150LEs (incl tax)

quote:
Originally posted by penny:
Has anyone got any good Uk agents for booking flights to Cairo. My usual agent has just gone up by £80 as says it is high season. I did not think there was a high season for schedule flights.

If you'd like I can look for you. Just give me rough dates to look at and I'll see what I can do...BTW I live in England too and regularly fly London-Cairo or Manchester-Cairo.

Posts: 150 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny, might have misunderstood. Are you looking for flights from UK to Cairo? Saw a cracking deal in a travel agent/bookstore in Edgeware Rd...
Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
Penny, might have misunderstood. Are you looking for flights from UK to Cairo? Saw a cracking deal in a travel agent/bookstore in Edgeware Rd...

Yes I was but only direct...all the good 'deals'involve a stop off and I can't cope with that. It seems there is a huge price rise in July /August. In the end I booked a cheap flight to Sharm and will bus up to Cairo from there.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good idea Penny.
The shop in Edgeware Road were doing a deal throughout July as far as i can remember for £200 (or just over will check with my husband who enquired) direct flight, Egyptair. Guess it's a bit late now but wishing you all the best and a safe journey. Do give my love to Cairo. I won't be there until my baby is born.

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Congratulations Farhana on your forthcomming new baby. Hope all goes well.
If you or your husband get a chance to get the phone number of this Travel Shop it would be useful for future use as will be spending more time in Cairo in future.

Thanks Penny

kyraplusmum
Member # 8431

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kyraplusmum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Farhana:
Hiya, I saw that you know a good travelagent on Edgware Road. Could you forward me his number? Congratulations by the way, when is your baby due. My daughter is almost a year now and I am loving it. Regards helena

Posts: 2 | From: Uk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

this may help

ADDRESS
Cairo International Airport,
Oruba Road,
Heliopolis,
Cairo,
Egypt

http://www.egyptair.com.eg/docs/home.asp
http://res.travelocity.co.uk/bptselectflights.ctl?SEQ=111771500045189206022005&LANG=EN
http://www.cheaptickets.com/trs/cheaptickets/flight_services/fare_results.xsl
http://www.egyptflights.com/egyptair.htm
http://www.abc-search.biz/UK/abc.asp?k=cheap+flight&t=voyage&p=1 Number of Terminals: 2
Telephone: (0)2 291 4255
Fax: (0)2 633 2522 or 7132
E-mail: ciap@idsc.net.eg
Time Zone: GMT + 2 (GMT + 3 from the last Friday in April to the first Friday in October)

Location: The airport is located 22km (13.5 miles) northeast of Cairo

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem Penny. My flight back cost more this time than it has ever done before.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com