EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Help! Bus from Sharm to Cairo in the night?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help! Bus from Sharm to Cairo in the night?
Imaan
Member # 8111

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Imaan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wandering if anyone of u knew if there are busses that runs from Sharm to Cairo in the middle of the night.
Also, do one have to travel to sharm "city", or does busses stop at the Sharm airport? Please answer me, Im going on friday!!!!!!

Posts: 21 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Imaan
Member # 8111

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Imaan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or if u know what time the busses start to go?
Posts: 21 | From: Oslo, Norway | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Imaan:
or if u know what time the busses start to go?

The East Delta Buses use the terminal that is behind the Mobil petrol station between Nama Bay and High Noor. As well as the terminal at Ras Kennedy. They have buses going all over Egypt, a rough timetable is below:-
Buses to Cairo: 07:30, 10:30, 12:30, 13:00, 15:00, 16:00, 17:30, 22:00, 23:00, 23:30, 00:00

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Imaan, my understanding is that last buses start from either end at some time around 23.00 or 23.30. First buses start around 06.30. There are 2 stations in Sharm, one is somewhere near the port/Old Market, the other is on the road from Naama to Old Market, apr 2-3 km(?) from Naama and 10 km(?) from airport. Airport is at the far end of sharm near the east coast of Sinai where no important roads pass, you'll need to travel towards Naama, then Old Market, then the buses continue past the Ras Mohammad National Park along the south and west coast of Sinai upwards. Figuratively, the airpost is at "2 o'clock" while buses exit Sharm near "10 o'clock". But is no more than 10-15 km, 40 EGP is OK to pay for taxi although I would also agree at 50 and locals would know to pay even less :o). If they ask 150 then make a face as if he heard you wrong and say that no no you do not need go to Nuweiba, just to Naama/Old market/wherever. If he repeats then smile sexily and make a compliment about his strong business sense, then turn pockets upside down and "find" a 50 EGP note. or maybe 2 20ies. Say it is all you have left, and make sure he soaks up all visual effect of the beautiful, gorgeous slip of money, almost his already. Make big eyes and flutter a lot and look totally lost and helpless. My mistake is I always look too strong, they never "buy" :o).
Maybe attitude is different now, post-accident.

Ann already posted more precise while I wrote :o). Superjet is better but have no experience about Delta, if is a/c is probably OK too.
Here is a pretty complete timetable with all companies plus phones: http://cairomasterclass.free.fr/EN/informationeng.htm

[This message has been edited by nevermind (edited 27 July 2005).]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lacalif
Member # 8463

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for lacalif     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and thanks for your link. I noticed that from Sharm to Cairo, there are 3 different arrivals. Can you differentiate between the 3? What terminal is closest to Central Cairo or the Ramses Hilton (Abasseya vs. Turguman vs. Tahrir)?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nevermind: ]http://cairomasterclass.free.fr/EN/informationeng.htm[/URL]

[This message has been edited by lacalif (edited 27 July 2005).]

Posts: 21 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahrir, as the name suggest is near Tahrir Square and near to everything, incl Hilton. It is a total chaos though. To get off is maybe even imaginable, but to get ON bus... how do people find any bus there is beyond my nordic cognition :o)

Abbasiya.. don't know, Superjet on way from Sharm, entering clise to airport, had one stop before Tahrir, in some suburb, and seemed a nice small station but you'd need connecting transport to get to final destination then.

I don't believe one can get away with 10-20 pounds for a taxi from airport in Cairo. Maybe locals can but otherwise it seemed a fairly long ride. We initially agreed to pay 50 for both ways but were charged 100 in the end anyway, well what do you do when your bags are at the back, too. But so I'm foreign. And anyway I paid 50 EGP also from terminal 1 to terminal 2, so maybe I'äm not the one to discuss this topic proficiently :o))))). Was 3 o'clock at night though and well, car was nice and they even gave me a check. A limo would cost more any time, right?

In Sharm 40 EGP is good price between airport and centre and 30 is bargain I guess.

In Alexandria it is approximately 1 pound per minute, I'd say, I think there are mostly 3 kinds of fees: short, medium and long. Short is to the same or next suburb, 4 pounds, medium is any district within city, 10 pounds, long is to far off suburbs like Agami or Abu Qir (20+km) 25 pounds a bargain and anything up to 50 can be asked.

The policy is to "know the prices" and mot ask but simply tell where you want go and when arrived, hand over the exact sum. This is what locals do. To know the price - ask locals before you need a taxi. Cairo is supposed to be cheapest, Alex seconds, then comes Sinai, and they say Luxor is the worst because it totally depends on tourists. Somehow, there was small difference with red sea tourism centres there. Maybe Luxor gets more one-dayers so all pressure is to squeese out what you can through transport & shopping? While in the resort towns more people earn salaries from jobs in hotels rather than souvenirs&taxi.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

No I believe (we are operating with beliefs here that the sharm visa is just for a week or something and intended for those who come over land border from Israel, as we know there are historic reasons why citizens from that direction come to visit quite often, many own property etc. and they rarely need to go out of Sinai, or in any case the hospitality does not extend further. While the visa stamp in the airport is a regular 30 day stamp and allows go anywhere, or in any case you can always ask them give you that stamp. Visitors from my country have always had that normal stamp because there are trips to Cairo and Luxor so they need go outside Sinai. But you cannot go back on charter flight when you stay over 28 days, this is another interesting regulation ) you'll need a routine flight then and there is this curious 2 days' difference with visa then.
bear2000
Member # 8518

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bear2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Debbie!
I am trying to go to Sharm from Cairo and I called a travel agency in Sharm today. They said there are buses called SUPERJET that goes from Cairo to Sharm in 5 hrs. Do you know anything about that? Where can I catch it and how much is it?

Posts: 10 | From: Holyoke, MA, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Punjabi
Member # 8523

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Punjabi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IM VERY SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED IN SHARM MAY ALLAH RESY THEW SOU
Posts: 6 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

quote:
Originally posted by bear2000:
there are buses called SUPERJET that goes from Cairo to Sharm in 5 hrs. Do you know anything about that? Where can I catch it and how much is it?

Dear person, if you'd care to READ this forum instead of writing off first thing, you might have noticed that the link in my post 27 July 2005 12:09 displays full timetable for allbus companies, with bus stations and phone numbers for companies. Men acting like babies, where is this world heading for....???

5 hours is a slight overestimation, is more like 7 hrs but bus is quite OK anyway, quite as comfortable as buses get, I guess.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com