EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Beaches in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Beaches in Egypt
barr
Member # 9441

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for barr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
I am planning to go to Egypt in the summer and I wanted to find out a couple of things. I want to go to the beaches in Alexandria and the Sinai and I've heard that it is innapropriate for women to wear bathing suits on the beach in many places. What I wondered is do the native Eqyptian men wear bathing suits and go topless on the beaches, or would that be out of place too? Thanks for any info you might have.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes we do , but not for publich beaches in alex ..
there's marina village , u can wear anything u like ..

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
belly_wigggla
Member # 9626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for belly_wigggla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Barr

You can wear bathing suits/bikinis on any of the beaches in Sharm/Sinai...Alex is rather different because there are a lot of public beaches (you'll know them because there isn't 1cm of space free!)...you'll see Egyptian women bathing in the sea fully clothed. However the private beaches belonging to hotels are different and you can wear your regular swimming apparel without feeling uncomfortable.

Native Egyptian men wear swimming shorts just like their Western counterparts. The issue of clothing is a religious one....which is why you won't find a pious Muslim woman wearing a swimming costume.

Hope this helps
x

--------------------
[size=18]My EBAY[/size]

Posts: 41 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allieNewhere
Member # 9653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for allieNewhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi
im leaving to egypt for the first time in january 2006
is there anyone would like to spend time with me there as im going alone, ill even pay for the time you spend with me.
please assist
allie

Posts: 24 | From: south africa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by allieNewhere:
hi
im leaving to egypt for the first time in january 2006
is there anyone would like to spend time with me there as im going alone, ill even pay for the time you spend with me.
please assist
allie

!!!??? [Confused] [Eek!] [Confused] !!!???
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com