EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Advice for an American-Egyptian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Advice for an American-Egyptian
Jazz
Member # 10656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jazz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently was engaged to an Egyptian. My only visit to Egypt was last year for six months. So I hardly know how men think and what their intentions are. I have no idea what priorities occupy their mind. I am just worried that because I am American this is why. I did not see much of him because he travels often to Europe on business. He and his family are very warm hearted and he really knows what words to use and not use. He is defenately a sweet talker. But he always says one thing and does another. I am just confused and do not know what I am getting myself into. I fell in love with him without knowing for sure.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 1 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 10 | From: America | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
santanesia
Member # 10108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for santanesia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that if you change forums , you will get better responses, try posting the same question on,
'Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat'
on the same Egypt search forums above.

Posts: 106 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're American Egyptian, aren't you? I think you speak Arabic, and have the same cultural background as him. You stayed in Egypt so you saw how things worked, you didn't go there as a simple tourist. I don't think Egyptian men are very different than others. You will always face the man/woman gap, that's the only thing I can tell you! Then, your man has his own personality, we can't help you much here I think. You know his parents, they sound to be good people, so I'm sure they have raised their son very well. Don't worry that much. You will have a lot of time to discover your fiancé better through this engagement time. Take your time, and everything will be ok!
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jazz
Member # 10656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jazz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Barbapapa for your reply considering the fact I posted this question on the wrong forum, woops! Thank you Santanesia. [Smile] I have not seen him for about 6 months, so that is probably why I am impatient and do not want to get hurt. Since I lived in America, my entire life, I have NEVER seen a successful relationship through others' experiences and I have to say I have NEVER seen a relationship that was based on loyalty, respect, and solely on love. But hopefully that will not be the case. Thanks again [Smile]

--------------------
JAZZ

Posts: 10 | From: America | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com