EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » travel in a camper van

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: travel in a camper van
Dawn Pearson
Member # 11054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Pearson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone any info on driving around in Egypt in a camper van, whether this is allowed? I have an apartment in El Gouna and want to drive there from Europe - I know I can come in via Alexandria but also know that there are funny rules about foreigners driving in egypt. Is there another route over with a vehicle such as through Aqaba?? thanks a lot!
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you want your van to end up looking like this:

http://www.mexicohorse.com/images/Copper%20Canyon%20Camper.jpg

Do not by any chance take a precious car to Egypt.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen any camper van in Egypt.

I don't know what you mean about 'funny rules about foreigners driving in Egypt'. An international driving license should do it for you.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn Pearson
Member # 11054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Pearson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what i mean by funny rules is that even those foreigners living in el Gouna have to take the convey when travelling to Luxor for example, even though they are resident there. I have found out from the consulate that we can drive a camper in Egypt without restrictions though! thanks for your replies!
Posts: 4 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt is highly depending on Tourism, I am sure no limitation at all, just a valid international driving license and a valid registry for the Van, and no worry, about ur car in Egypt, you will be fine. and by the way we have places in Egypt which you can park your van, and you will be supplied with power and toilet use, for a daily fees..
Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL!!! Looks accurate to me [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Unless you want your van to end up looking like this:

http://www.mexicohorse.com/images/Copper%20Canyon%20Camper.jpg

Do not by any chance take a precious car to Egypt.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn Pearson
Member # 11054

Rate Member
Hi Mer, thanks for the reply - where can I find out about the places to park with the power and toilet use for a fee?? Thanks!!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dawn Pearson:
where can I find out about the places to park with the power and toilet use for a fee??

[Frown]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com