EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » bought a ticket for egypt, now what????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bought a ticket for egypt, now what????
moonpearlgirl
Member # 12129

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonpearlgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Community,

I know I will sound like an idiot. It is ok, I lost my dignity along the way somehow. Anyway, here is the story. I was in love with an egyptian man. I wanted life and marriage with him. He said awhile back that he wanted the same. Now, he is distant in everyway imaginable from me. I had bought my ticket for egypt to meet him face to face months ago. The ticket is non-refundable. We are currently not speaking anymore. I just need some encouragement or discouragement from going or not going to egypt on my own. I am american and female. How is travelling in egypt from any females out there? I hate to go it alone. My choices are to go alone or to just lose what I had spent on my ticket and stay in the united states.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 19 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 11 | From: united states | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Traveling alone can be scary if it is your first time to do it outside the US. I felt the same way the first time I traveled to South America. Don't waste an opportunity or your money. There is plenty to do and see in Egypt. There are a lot of people in this forum who can give you good advice about it.
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go alone!

Where are you flying to and how long for? I'm sure someone can give you some ideas of things to do.

I've been on my own to Cairo a couple of times and will be going again in a few weeks, sometimes I meet up with people from this board (some of whom no longer post here). The first time I went to Luxor I was on my own and had a great time including invitations to peoples homes in nearby villages which would never have happened if I had been in company.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonpearlgirl
Member # 12129

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonpearlgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, my fears of going alone are starting to subside now.
Posts: 11 | From: united states | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonpearlgirl
Member # 12129

Member Rated:
I am scheduled to be there for 3 weeks. I am supposed to land in Cairo. I have no itinerary as of yet.
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you a private message, so up to my profile to check it.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moonpearlgirl you will have a better time now.
Check out the couchsurfing site plus the www.virtualtoursit.com forums,there are quite a few folk who will meet up with you.
Just avoid the ones who say..I want to be your friend,do you have a husband? Say yes and you will sort out the genuine ones.
If you stay in the Garden City Hotel or some hostels you will also meet people.
I also have a Scottish friend who lives in Cairo that will am sure help you out.
No worries.

Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
virtualtourist even
Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont see any worries to come here alone , if you come here with tourstagencies so this agency will prepare all your visite , if not (and you wanna come and make visites and and and )i can speak with friends in this field to manage a tourguide and representative for you . if no of though choise , i think you must have a friend there to conduct you , and sorry for spacedust there other kind of people who will be happy in friendship without (sex or oneday relation) but i am with here if someone ask you about husband you can say yes you have one (to filter the good people )but be carefull you get the worest one !!!!!!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go for it!! you will have a wonderful time. There are many here who are in Cairo who im sure will help you. When are you going?

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you off there to meet the man u feel in love or look for him or just you want to view cairo for your personal reasons ,just asking ,,
ive just realised someone has let something out of the bag in here ....

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonpearlgirl
Member # 12129

Member Rated:
The original intention, when I purchased the ticket, was to meet him face to face. Now, it would be for knowledge and experience of Egypt. I don't want to look for him.
ky_sunshine
Member # 11226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ky_sunshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Hun and have a wonderful time! The people there are wonderful.

--------------------
Often Times the Greatest statements are made in silence...listen with your Heart.

Posts: 334 | From: kentucky | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure you can't transfer the ticket to go somewhere else? I mean in a different situation sure I"d say go to Egypt but to be honest, I wouldn't want to go if my original intent was to be married.

I may be in the same boat as you, but for very different reasons and although I have the option of going and just seeing him, my heart would be in my throat the whole time. I would much rather postpone the trip to Egypt for when I would not be so shattered (as anyone who was to be married would be) and change the itinerary to say europe or something else. Just a thought.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MY NAME IS NO MORE .....,:

ive just realised someone has let something out of the bag in here ....

?? I cant smell anything here [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U should go! Cairo is a cool city with many important sights n nice people. Good luck!

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im also going alone, got no plans, no where to stay yet, but im reeeally looking forward
maybe we can get together, and have some fun together
im also a girl ofcourse, no boys aloud
if you are going between the 24th and the first, let me know

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com