EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Nothing to do with Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nothing to do with Egypt
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol ok this is nothing to do with Egypt but there are so many people from GB here that i wanted to ask a question. I am going to travel and have a layover in London, I have booked a room at Ibis Gatwick, near LGW airport. Can anyone tell me anything about this hotel and if it is suitable?
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ibis is 2 star, click here ,how long will you be in london anyway?? [Smile]
Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystic a bed of nails will feel comfortable after your flight!! lol
have a safe journey..........

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just a day or two, havent really decided yet. Lol really just getting on a plane and landing then deciding where to go next.. kinda running or escaping for awhile. I know it is 2 star but sometimes the lower ones are the best. Was hoping maybe someone had stayed there or lived near it to know its reputation. Thank you much

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stayed at the Ibis a couple of years ago, and it was fine. Its a typical airport hotel, used for a clean bed and shower before or after a flight. Are you planning on spending some time in London? Gatwick is a fair way out of central London, but the Gatwick Express train service will get you there quickly. Alternatively, you are quite close to the south coast, so a trip there could be very pleasant. Again, use the train.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Havent decided how long i will stay or where i am actually headed to. Lol just bought plane tickets booked the room and basically running. My head is swimming and i must resolve everything inside of me. I have never in my life had panic attacks but i am now. I cant seem to function day to day. Its selfish but i need time for me, to do what i want, to clear my head, to hurt, to heal... to just follow wherever my instincts lead me. I have 10 days off of work and im just going, anywhere, where ever my instincts and god leads me.

--------------------

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope the trip helps. Take care though.
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
but the Gatwick Express train service will get you there quickly.

Just a bit of advice - there are Gatwick Express trains (red ones - with Gatwick Express written on the side) and non-Gatwick Express trains (green - Southern Trains go to London Victoria and blue First Capital Connect go to London Bridge / Kings Cross) to London from Gatwick Airport. Gatwick Express are £5 more expensive than the others, but its a few minutes quicker (no stops to Victoria) and a bit more luxurious.

If you want to go on the Gatwick Express train - make sure you tell the Ticket Office when you buy the ticket - or buy it on the train - as you cannot use the other tickets on it and would have to pay full fare if you didn't have the right ticket.

OldTrainSpotter

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi B I mailed you about H@A!!

ps do you wear an anorak? [Eek!]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:

ps do you wear an anorak? [Eek!]

Yes, very fetching, with a matching orange bobble hat and flask [Wink]

PS these guys are offering a £50 prize to the first persons able to supply them with a FULL ARABIC EGYPTIAN july 2006-2007 timetable.! Maybe I should make a new thread of it.

http://www.egyptianrailways.com/index.html

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
memodesign
Member # 12308

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for memodesign   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the hotel are so nice .

-----------------
http://www.m3loma4u.com

--------------------
http://www.m3loma4u.com

Zawag - Friends

Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystic, just go for it, I also had to have time to myself , or i still would have been caught up in that lonely bad, situation, of not knowing what i want, 1 week in cairo, really helped me soo much, Now i can live and move, on, no regrets.
I hope you will find what you want, good luck and just go for the ibis, no problems with this hotel

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
thank you

--------------------

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
Havent decided how long i will stay or where i am actually headed to. Lol just bought plane tickets booked the room and basically running. My head is swimming and i must resolve everything inside of me. I have never in my life had panic attacks but i am now. I cant seem to function day to day. Its selfish but i need time for me, to do what i want, to clear my head, to hurt, to heal... to just follow wherever my instincts lead me. I have 10 days off of work and im just going, anywhere, where ever my instincts and god leads me.

you cud come and live with me ur panic attack will certainly go,you will need REHAB [Big Grin] [Big Grin] ,only joking mysty have a great flight and safe journey and im only 40mins away ,and clearur beautiful head my love ,chimps...
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caterpillar
Member # 10438

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for caterpillar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow mystic, that sounds like fun, a mini adventure...great way to get over a bloke, why dont you go somewhere you have aaaalllwwways wanted to go...i'd go to peru! very spiritual!

i hope you have loads of fun and take good care and i envy you to be able to just get up and leave for anywhere you like, make the most of it girl before you settle down [Smile]

Posts: 1017 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
' will need REHAB '
dont go anywhere thats 40 mins from gatwick Mystic!!
Theres a mad ape out there on the loose and she'll have you swinging from the trees all over Surrey!!!
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Razz]

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH YOUR SO LOVELY TOOTS I LUV U SOS SO SO MUCH ,YOU SAYING MY TREE HOUSE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] .you have to admit im the one and only CHIMPS ROCKING ,HEHEHEHEHEHE [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hohum:
wow mystic, that sounds like fun, a mini adventure...great way to get over a bloke, why dont you go somewhere you have aaaalllwwways wanted to go...i'd go to peru! very spiritual!

i hope you have loads of fun and take good care and i envy you to be able to just get up and leave for anywhere you like, make the most of it girl before you settle down [Smile]

If you ever go to Peru and take a taxi cab, make sure you squinch your eyes shut tight and hold on with a firm grip. Those cabbies drive like maniacs on the streets of Lima and I tell you, they are interesting rides. I always prayed I wouldn't be killed whenever I got into one. The stories I could tell you.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Well its the same in cairo lmao

--------------------

Member # 10626

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! Yes, I am very well-aware of Cairo's taxi service. ROFL!! When I was in Lima, I had to be some place in about 30 mins, and the cab driver assured me I would be there in the half-hour. Peruvians have a concept of time that is very different than Americans, and I swear he stepped on the gas and we screeched away from the hotel in all of 2 seconds. For the next 15 mins, the world was a blur whizzing by and we zoomed up hills and then soared down them! And the scary part was, he didn't really bother to stop at any lights (except one)and his car was soo archaic, the little beast just rocked and shook and the one time he did stop his cab, the whole thing groaned and moaned like some animal in deep pain. Needless to say, I got to where I needed to be in 15 mins and he was all smiles and pride at getting me there early. I had to laugh because it was funny that he took me soo literally about arriving early. I am sure I was a nice healthy shade of green after I got out, but he did get a big fat tip! [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LeBwA_kEbiRa
Member # 12287

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LeBwA_kEbiRa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sounds fun Lackey, I want to go to Peru too, and Brazil. I can't wait to see South America.
Posts: 28 | From: U.S.A and Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LeBwA_kEbiRa:
That sounds fun Lackey, I want to go to Peru too, and Brazil. I can't wait to see South America.

I would seriously encourage you to go, if you have the chance one day. I loved visiting South America. I am happy I had the experience.... [Smile]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Am back home. Alot of you will think badly of me but well, i left, i went to london, stayed all of one day there, and went directly to sharm el sheikh where i met with my ex fiance after 2 and half years finally. We had a wonderful time and it was as if we had never been apart. Depending on my ex husbands health in march i will be returning to meet his mother and stay a month in aswan getting to know the family that i have not met yet. That is if things are well here. I am going to meet the family so that they can either approve me or disapprove me for marriage. Scary. Though i did find out that he indeed does still have our orfi paper so technically we are still married??? but it was never registered with the courts so not legal right???? hmmm... haha Any way i think i have found what is supposed to be.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com