EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Again a gift question haha

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Again a gift question haha
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another thing, what would be a good gift for an egyptian woman that is expecting twins? Is there anything in the states that i could bring her that isnt available in egypt? I want to do something special for her and the babies she will deliver.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some quality non-dripping cups for small children.
Although they may prefer gold for children!:-) A small chain with religious or other charms on it.
Sweets to spread around in church for the children's baptism.

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may have to give those to your mother in law though till they are born. Some copts have strong believes that one should not give presents or make arrangements for children upfront births. Discuss this with your bf.
Bodylotions and nice hairpins and bands may do well with the mother-to-be. After shave for the father-to-be, although here again I am not sure if one is supposed to give something to the male from out of the family.

--------------------
Fools blame everyone else, starting philosophers blame themselves, wise people don't blame anyone (Epictetus)

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demiana:
You may have to give those to your mother in law though till they are born. Some copts have strong believes that one should not give presents or make arrangements for children upfront births. Discuss this with your bf.
Bodylotions and nice hairpins and bands may do well with the mother-to-be. After shave for the father-to-be, although here again I am not sure if one is supposed to give something to the male from out of the family.

The one i know that will have the babies is not a member of his family but the wife of his hair dresser. They are close and invited us over for dinner during my last night there and told me we are as family. I want to give her something special for the babies that she might not be able to find there.
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com