EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Aspergers Syndrome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aspergers Syndrome
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, I have had my trip to Alex and the working with street children did not quite work out as planned. But, I did work in a number of kindergartens around Alex helping teachers and children alike for some 2 months and LOVED IT! Am now in the process of selling up and moving to Biankey/Bitash [Big Grin] . If anybody knows of a school or private individual who needs help with a child/children with Aspergers Syndrome, (on the autistic spectrum), I am well qualified having been in this field for some 9 years. I have also worked with special needs in general prior to this. An english speaking family and child would enable me to be of greater benefit, as my egyptian arabic is still developing slowly. Love the country and people and so looking forward to returning. Back on 9th December month to buy a flat.
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Audrey, I am not familiar with Autism/Special needs centers in Alex but please get in contact with

the learning resource center cairo

http://www.lrcegypt.com/

and the egyptian autistic society cairo

http://egyptautism.com/

I am sure they can get you in contact with the right people to apply for a job. Your work speciality is definitely needed and appreciated - and not only in Egypt.

Good luck with your move and keep us updated! TL [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my daughters autistic and auspergers ....
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audrey Hepburn
Member # 11579

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Audrey Hepburn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tigerlilly, I shall definately get in contact with them. Wish me luck!
Posts: 233 | From: uk | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystify
Member # 12256

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystify     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in this profession as well, glad to read that there is work available in Egypt for these skills.
Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any Egyptian sites in Arabic on Autism and Asperger?
Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another contact to inquire for help:

http://www.arabdefeatautism.com/contact_us.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Tigerlily. I asked dh to evaluate the content. Our son has Aspergers too. And is high-functioning!:-) We don't spread it easily since there are so many misconceptions. A good arabic website might help in church for instance.
Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Another contact to inquire for help:

http://www.arabdefeatautism.com/contact_us.html

Unfortunately this has only an adress in Cairo and links in English. Nothing in arabic.

If anyone does have an informative site in Arabic I would be very greatfull.

I, for instance love to give some information to the Abouna and the sundayschoolworkers/arabic teachers in church and I am sure it will 'land' better in arabic.

Any idea?

Demiana

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Sorry, Demiana, I don't read Arabic but you can always get in contact with all the links I provided and ask for some information. They will be definitely able to help you in this matter. Maybe they can forward you something as a PDF file or else.

Good luck and all the best for your son. [Smile]

Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Thanks Tigerlily
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
http://www.arabnet.ws/vb/showthread.php?t=30007&page=2

Found something on the name mentioned on the site - Hossam Badr.

--------------------
Fools blame everyone else, starting philosophers blame themselves, wise people don't blame anyone (Epictetus)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com