EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Madly in love with Egypt!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Madly in love with Egypt!!
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm not mistaken, the past month has been enough to convince me that alot of people out there are in love with Egypt.

Personally, I believe being in love with any country is something that we should believe can happen. Of course if you do not agree with me, I won’t hate you. I am not the type to hold a grudge against someone because you view an idea differently than I do. I believe that is simply childish and immature.

I'm glad this list is there, I was personally impressed by the expression "Egypt lovers", since I'm
MADLY IN LOVE WITH EGYPT!
OH, yeah, I'm a 100% Egyptian! I say that since whenever I say this in
public I'm asked if I'm a Foreigner!
I have lived so many years abroad, but I preferd to come back here, Crazy? might be, but I feel home-sick so fast now, and can't live abroad more than a year, eventhough that is very very very much,
I've visted many countries in my life time, in Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Arab, but NEVER FOUND A COUNTRY MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN EGYPT, Friendship is in Egypt, beauty is in Egypt, magic of nature in Egypt,
SIMPLY SAID, U CAN SAY I'M A NATIONALIST, ONLY FOR EGYPT, NO ARAB STUFF,
What I want to find out here, if there are others here who r in love with Egypt, and
who I can make friendship with who r so mad in love with Egypt (only Egypt plz)?
I think then we can develop an international community!
The people in Egypt is kind and hospitable and I never knew if
they were Muslim or Christian. I must say that the sound of the call to
prayer is the most beautiful things I have ever heard.... I know we're here to care for each other.... as you say.... we're all one.

Egypt
Land of Mysteries
Land of Awe
Birthplace of many faiths and religious beliefs
Birthplace of one of the first of the greatest civilizations in the world

Spirits of it's ancient natives still speak today
Spirits of it's ancient natives call us forth
Hail Kemet for it contains knowledge
Knowledge beyond our modern technology can reveal.

May the Spirit of Kemet live forever.

A single, long kiss,
slow, lingering, and gentle
to sign our goodbye.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody replied............??

Anyway, I am still waiting..
Yet, it is true the Egyptian mind make-up is a product of thousands of years of accumulated history. Successive invaders left their mark, but were eventually assimilated into Egypt which the Egyptians call the Mother of the World, Om Eddunia.

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am definately in love with Egypt but then so was grandmother and my father. I started visiting in 1979 and I move there permanently on the 31st. I can't think of a more beautiful country or more loving and friendly people.

------------------
please visit me www.flatsinluxor.co.uk

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh finally one replied.
Thanks for the post.
I fully agree, Thebes in ancient times or Luxor is amazing, I like it, the massive Karnak complex, Temple of Luxor and Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens.

Tell me more about U.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

kashapops
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kashapops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES I LOVE EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the very essence of the place, I am fasinated by the history - every thing from the Temples to present day Egypt. Egyptian people always smile and I feel extremely safe there. I long to know how people live, there beliefs, struggles and dreams. I have visited several times this year and will be back in September and yes the call to prayer is a delight and makes me feel I have come home.

Posts: 100 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very very quickly because this could get boring.

I got interested in Ancient Egypt when I was 9, 1964. I visited the country for the first time in 1979. I have visited about 10 times so far and it feels like going home when I land at the airport.

I was married to a Syrian www.aymanakshar.com and after he died I went back to Egypt. I met a man I had know for 3 years, who had always loved me but never said anything because I was married.

I have married him and I move out there in 22 days. Once you have been married to one Arab you have to have another.

We are setting up a small business renting flats to the tourist trade, we will live in one and rent out the other 3 www.flatsinluxor.co.uk.

I have 11 year old daughter who speaks, reads and writes Syrian Arabic but isn't truly bilingual.

It is the dream of my life to live in Egypt and I feel it is my kismet.

------------------
please visit me www.flatsinluxor.co.uk

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adel darling, we are in love with Egypt, of course we are. Why else would we be here?

Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone,
I hope this finds everyone in good spirits.

Lori, Why Can't We Show Our Love to Egypt...? I still have no plaNS BUT LET US THINK.

Akshar, I went through your both sites, really it is amazing. I liked your quote
"Once U have been married to one Arab, U have to have another". Hope U will enjoy your forever stay in Luxor, with the man you love now.

Kashapops, Egyptian populous divided into four cultural groups consisting of Copts, Bedouins, Nubians and Egyptian peasants, or fallahin. Upon closer examination, fallahins are presented basically as farmers living in villages.

Egypt is actually a wonderful and delightful mixture of traditions, with a socioeconomic structure which allows, more and more, a gradient of classes. But one must look, and feel with the heart in order to touch this essence of Egypt.

Egyptians have a million faces, and also as many professions and trades. They make gold jewelry and copper pots, rugs, they paint, build buildings and fine pottery. They sell groceries at the corner market. They trade in tractors and water pumps, they are butchers and bakers, taxi drivers, and secretaries. And these days many of these people are simply Egyptian, not Coptic, not Nubian, not Bedouin and certainly not the traditional Fallahin.

In Egyptian extended families, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all feel clan obligations, and these ties unite them in good times and bad. If an individual's crops fail, all relatives contribute from their own supplies. If an animal is fatally injured, the fallahin will slaughter it and each family within the clan will buy a portion, thus sharing the meat and contributing to the cost of replacing the animal.

One of Egypt's prominent authors, Tewfik Al-Hakim wrote in his famous novel "The Return of the Soul":

‘The Great Wisdom flows in Egyptians’ blood, but it flows without their knowledge. Can you really believe that the thousands of years which make up Egypt's past have vanished like a dream without a trace?".

The key words here are 'without their knowledge’, for the present bears no resemblance of the past. Yet, it is true the Egyptian mind make-up is a product of thousands of years of accumulated history. Successive invaders left their mark, but were eventually assimilated into Egypt which the Egyptians call the Mother of the World, Om Eddunia.

More love to U all, and to Egypt

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

C Elektra
Member # 2100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C Elektra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sound psychotic.

You can go anywhere in the World, but you can never run away from yourself. I doubt that Egypt can change your state of unhappiness or happiness. The happiness comes from within. I hope you feel better.

quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:
If I'm not mistaken, the past month has been enough to convince me that alot of people out there are in love with Egypt.

Personally, I believe being in love with any country is something that we should believe can happen. Of course if you do not agree with me, I won’t hate you. I am not the type to hold a grudge against someone because you view an idea differently than I do. I believe that is simply childish and immature.

I'm glad this list is there, I was personally impressed by the expression "Egypt lovers", since I'm
MADLY IN LOVE WITH EGYPT!
OH, yeah, I'm a 100% Egyptian! I say that since whenever I say this in
public I'm asked if I'm a Foreigner!
I have lived so many years abroad, but I preferd to come back here, Crazy? might be, but I feel home-sick so fast now, and can't live abroad more than a year, eventhough that is very very very much,
I've visted many countries in my life time, in Africa, Europe, Asia, and the Arab, but NEVER FOUND A COUNTRY MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN EGYPT, Friendship is in Egypt, beauty is in Egypt, magic of nature in Egypt,
SIMPLY SAID, U CAN SAY I'M A NATIONALIST, ONLY FOR EGYPT, NO ARAB STUFF,
What I want to find out here, if there are others here who r in love with Egypt, and
who I can make friendship with who r so mad in love with Egypt (only Egypt plz)?
I think then we can develop an international community!
The people in Egypt is kind and hospitable and I never knew if
they were Muslim or Christian. I must say that the sound of the call to
prayer is the most beautiful things I have ever heard.... I know we're here to care for each other.... as you say.... we're all one.

Egypt
Land of Mysteries
Land of Awe
Birthplace of many faiths and religious beliefs
Birthplace of one of the first of the greatest civilizations in the world

Spirits of it's ancient natives still speak today
Spirits of it's ancient natives call us forth
Hail Kemet for it contains knowledge
Knowledge beyond our modern technology can reveal.

May the Spirit of Kemet live forever.

A single, long kiss,
slow, lingering, and gentle
to sign our goodbye.

[This message has been edited by Bebe (edited 10 July 2003).]

Posts: 182 | From: LA/Alex | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 17 May 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Monica,
In fact your words reminded me of Claudine Le Tourneuris a French Egyptologist archeologist.

She said..Egypt opened for me all doors of publication and audio-visual media. In fact..my love for Egypt was not by sheer coincidence, however I was obsessed by this love ever since my tender age; you could call it an enchantment.

Monica, let The Whole World know why we are proud to be Egyptians and what Egypt means to us.

Now as U know, thousands of young men and women in Egypt are probably thinking day and night of immigrating to another country. Seeking the unknown and hoping for a better and prosperous future. Willing to go after their dreams and leave everything behind.

Having been there and done that, if you have a chance to talk to these young men and women, based on your own experience, what would you tell them??

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mostafa581
Member # 3392

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostafa581     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was so happy to read this topic for me as an egyptian young man & live in egypt i can say that egypt if a wonderful country & i really felt this when i was abroad i felt like a fish out of water really i had this feeling when i was abroad & it makes me really happy to see that there is some one is in love with egypt so really i,m so happy to reply to this add & to become a friend for you
mrx581@hotmail.com

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mostafa581
Member # 3392

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mostafa581     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was so happy to read this topic for me as an egyptian young man & live in egypt i can say that egypt if a wonderful country & i really felt this when i was abroad i felt like a fish out of water really i had this feeling when i was abroad & it makes me really happy to see that there is some one is in love with egypt so really i,m so happy to reply to this add & to become a friend for you
mrx581@hotmail.com

Posts: 7 | From: cairo | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,

I loved that story about the fisherman. For myself, I don't know exactly what I am doing here and what will happen, but maybe I am here enjoying the good life while I can (like the fisherman).

I know my mind is not on making lots of money, or ever expecting to get rich. I have no children to make a better life for. All I want is a place to enjoy what is left of my life, hoping it is lots and lots of years, but if it isn't, will be happy I chose to spend what there is in Egypt.
All I know is that what I have, and what I make (in the way of money) will last me a good bit longer here than it will in America, and in America I'd have to get a real job again to live....and I don't really want to do that.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
update: Arab Spring
Posts: 42930 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NabtaPlayaPlaya
Member # 20525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NabtaPlayaPlaya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

--------------------
NCB

Posts: 12 | From: Louisville, Ky - USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian_Dragoon85
On Vacation
Member # 17953

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian_Dragoon85   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
egypt will be greater in little years,you gonna love it more

a total change is coming

a new regime in the power soon

--------------------
Truth Seeker

Posts: 12 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com