EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Who will be in Luxor in November?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who will be in Luxor in November?
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering who will be in Luxor as we could pass each other on the corniche without realising it?
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unlikely you will see me on the Corniche but if you cross the ferry and come to the West Bank you might me there

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be. Remember to smile and wave.
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be here
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natashiah
Member # 4566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natashiah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
End November ...beginning December!
Posts: 723 | From: South Africa | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wills - do you fancy organising a meeting for us all? Coffee shop by the Nile or a meal in John and John's?
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes from the 29th I.ll be in luxor, Cairo from the 17th
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL that would be great coffee or johns lets see what the rest of the gang say? Suggestions please. I'm there week commencing 15th November for 1 week other half does not know I am coming still deciding whether to tell him or not. lol
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well luxorlover give a date when you want a meet at Johns (exactly what is Johns this is new)I would love to.
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
John and John's is a restaurant in Luxor that provides European cuisine (shepherds pie etc). There is also another similar one opening soon called the Lantern in Medina Street.

How about the last week in November or first week in December as that seems to be the time when most of you are there.

Comment please and then we can refine the date further.

SETTI
Member # 1365

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for SETTI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i never i will be coming back on that day the plane you come with i bet is the one i go back on, as i get to luxor on the 1st nov but i will be in john&john's each day, well we have known the lad's for some years now and we never like to leave when it's time to go home, so sorry we will not be able to atend but all that go have a great time. robert
Posts: 18 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Yep thats fine by me just give date and time,see you there.
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
WE have a problem. Wills is in Luxor for only one week from the 15th November and Bulldog does not get there until after she has left. Nat does not arrive until DEcember.

Any suggestions? When are others going to be there. I know that Kenzie and I will be there for the whole time.

How about we meet twice? Two dates put forward: Saturday November 20th and Saturday DEcember 4th. (Friday after sunset is also a good alternative). We could meet at the Metropolitan Cafe on the Corniche at 8.30 pm and then move somewhere from there.

It would be wonderful to put faces to some of your names.

Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Yes I can be there on Saturday 4th of Decemder theres no problem at all 8.30 at the metropolitan cafe a note has been made of it, thanks Luxorlover
BRITISHLADY
Member # 5424

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRITISHLADY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxlorlover try the Corniche sounds very much your type of place or your friends at Gezariah gardens
Posts: 28 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Everyone who has visited the west bank knows that Gezira Gardens is lovely and the Metropolitan Cafe on the Nile (which is owned by one of Luxor's hotel owners) is a nice place. The owner of Gezira Gardens is going to get angry with you and trace you through you IP if you do not stop rubbishing his hotel. Nasty minds make everything nasty.

Everyone - It will be a good meeting but Britishlady please stay away - you have dispayed your colours by your ridiculous posting. I shall save my laughter until we meet again.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Wills et al - is the 20th November OK for you? Put the date in your diary. I'll wait for you at the Metropolitan with an "ES" sign on the table.

Bulldog et al - the same goes for the 4th DEcember.

Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else invited?
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
claire_1237
Member # 3724

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for claire_1237     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waaaaaah!
I want to come but won't be in Luxor til January
Have a great time!

Posts: 81 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Kenzie - everyone is invited. I took it for granted that you would be there.

Claire - we can all meeet again in January.

I hope that Ahmed will join us too.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 02 October 2004).]

gary
Member # 3608

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waaaah! 2
LOL , we are in luxor in january too claire .
starting to feel left out

Posts: 130 | From: torquay . uk | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great that will do for me. There will be 2 of us female of course I will try and get a Thomson or Libra sign to hold up lol. Can't place the Metropolitan when is it on the corniche?

[This message has been edited by wills76 (edited 02 October 2004).]

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
It's very near the Winter Palance but its at the lower level on the edge of the river.

Gary and Claire - set a date in January and meet each other. Unfortunately I shall be back in England working for a few weeks then.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Jane - please join us.
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Jane do you know someone by the name of Sally? If you do then we have meet?
denisegr
Member # 5167

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for denisegr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard you speak of the resturant before, where abouts is it? I would like to viseit when i return next spring.
Posts: 26 | From: england | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
To Akshar
Will book one of your flats in 2005 sometime in April for two weeks in November 2005. I allways book many months in advance, it's a habit I.ve allways had to make sure I get want I want.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
John and John's is situated just before the Sheraton Hotel at the far end of Luxor.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog:
To Akshar
Will book one of your flats in 2005 sometime in April for two weeks in November 2005. I allways book many months in advance, it's a habit I.ve allways had to make sure I get want I want.

You won't be my first booking in 2005 and in fact I have one booking for 2006 so advance booking is fine.

It might be better though if you want to contact me to send me an email. The address is on my website.

When you come to make your booking that is also on the website. then we needn't clutter up these pages

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shepenwepet
Member # 2692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shepenwepet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I'll probably be in Luxor around the first week in December - until the 6th. I feel I know you all because I often read this board though I haven't posted for ages.I'd love to meet up with some of you.

------------------
www.egyptsites.co.uk

Posts: 33 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Then come and meet us on the 4th DEcember at the Metropolitan Coffee Shop on the Nile.
Shepenwepet
Member # 2692

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shepenwepet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Luxorlover

Great - I hope to be there too. Where exactly is the Metropolitan? I don't know it. Who else will be there on the 4th Dec?

Su

------------------
www.egyptsites.co.uk

Posts: 33 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
The cafe is just below the Winter Palace Hotel - between the road and the river.

I have no idea who will be there util they arrive. Anyone from any of the Egypt related forums who is in Luxor at that time is more than welcome. It will be nice to meet people.

Shepenwepet
Member # 2692

Rate Member
Thanks LL

See you all there.

------------------
www.egyptsites.co.uk

concheman
Member # 5573

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concheman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Wills et al - is the 20th November OK for you? Put the date in your diary. I'll wait for you at the Metropolitan with an "ES" sign on the table.

Bulldog et al - the same goes for the 4th DEcember.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
O.K got it.
highwaychick
Member # 5635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for highwaychick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi my partner and i are going to be in luxor the 2nd week of our holiday we are doing a cruise down the nile on the 17th novemmber for a week then the 2nd week in a hotel in luxor hope u have a nice time as well
Posts: 2 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Highwaychick - Is this the 1st time you have been in Egypt? I remember my 1st visit when we did cruise and stay, had a gret time temple bashing as we nick named it which is hard going but worth it,enjoy!!!! I take it you are coming out on the Thomson flight?
michelle.b
Member # 5659

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle.b     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know Luxor
you are sick in the mind and in the body Luxorlover if you like the corniche and gezirah gardens
go cure yourself

Posts: 4 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Michelle.B - edited because I will not respond to peurile drivel from idiots. Life's too short.

Everyone else I'll see you on the 20th.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 21 October 2004).]

michelle.b
Member # 5659

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle.b     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cry cry
i am forbidden go to the meeting
i tell Gerry Springer from USA go in my place

Posts: 4 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats wrong with the corniche and Gazera Gardens??

Anyway, I hope i will be there to meet everyone too i like the Metropolitan, you can sit on the comfy chairs with ya feet up and watch the lizards and other wildlife go by

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
arriving 1st dec just booked

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Good. We can all meet again on the 4th December but I expect to see you soon after you arrive.
Frank Scott
Banned
Member # 23578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Scott         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Blog e5485f2
Posts: 38 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Scott
Banned
Member # 23578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Scott         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please try Google before asking about Recommended Product Blog 485f5_5
Posts: 38 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Scott
Banned
Member # 23578

Rate Member
Please try Google before asking about Recommended Product Info f2_595d

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com