EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egypt on the black list again?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt on the black list again?
Nsani
Member # 3071

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nsani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a story on the BBC. For sometime, there has been serious propaganda (or noise if you like) about security in Egypt. "Egypt is safe" is what you will hear everywhere. For those who are a bit conservative in thinking, they may conclude that this is a minor incident. No doubt, it is but when you look critically at the changes that have occurred in Egypt, then events like these ones should be of concerned to you. Egypt has become moreconservative (to be mild) but I would suggest (radically) that the country has become more 'fundamentlist'. I know very well that there are those narrow-minded ones that will say the opposite, I welcome them. Yet, I will always remind them that we mean no harm to either egypt or its people. We are all merely expressing our views and concerns. We all love this world and would love to be at peace with ourselves and our neighbors. How would you want to kill someone for what he is, for what he says, for his nationality, for his race or religion? The young man's justification for his stupid act is what is alarming. It sets a dangerous stage for the entire country and it should be taken seriously. We still have not forgotten the memories of Luxor some seven years ago. Watch out, for you might be the next target.

Tourists hurt in Cairo stabbing

An Egyptian man has been detained for stabbing two tourists, a Norwegian and an Australian, in Cairo on Sunday.
Police said Hussein Ahmed Hassan attacked a group of tourists in the city's historical centre because he mistook them for Americans.

He reportedly told police he was enraged by events in the Middle East, such as Israeli aggression against Palestinians and US troops in Iraq.

The wounded tourists were said to be in a stable condition.

Egypt is estimated to earn $3bn a year from tourism.

It was hit by a series of attacks by Islamist militants, the worst of which killed more than 50 tourists in Luxor in 1997, but has been relatively calm since.

Posts: 20 | From: Cameroon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People, I could not resist posting this!
It is happenning ALL over the world!

STABBING OF TOURISTS IN LAS VEGAS
A violent attack on two seniors at Circus Circus on Thursday has tourism officials once again defending Las Vegas' reputation as a safe travel destination.
There is no denying, however, that this year has not been a particularly good one when it comes to protecting tourists from violence. The stabbing of a 64-year-old Indiana man and his 60-year-old wife in front of two young children at Circus Circus is the third time this year that Las Vegas tourists have been victimized.
Two of those victims were slain, and Thursday night's stabbing comes just a month after a gunbattle broke out in a busy parking lot on the Strip. In the past four years, seven tourists have been slain in a city almost entirely dependent on tourism for its existence.
Despite the numbers, Las Vegas still is the safest tourism destination in the country, said Rob Powers, a spokesman for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor's Authority.
"We will have over 32 million visitors this year, and given that number of people, when you look at the number of serious incidents we have involving tourists, it is a relatively small amount," Powers said.

And~~~~~ have a SAFE day, wherever you are
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 10 February 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nsani
Member # 3071

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nsani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica,
You put a smile on my face. I am happy you "contradicted" (?) that posting. But I am afraid you didn't see deep into the differences between your posting and mine. I think we can make a clear distinction between crime (or an act of violence) motivated by self-interest and that driven by ideology. There are even more serious incidents than these ones around the world, not only in Egypt or in America or anywhere else. But the question I want you to ask yourself is: what is the motivation behind every single act of violence (irespective of where it takes place).If you answer this question within the framework of my first posting, then you will draw the line very clearly. That was interesting though.

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
People, I could not resist posting this!
It is happenning ALL over the world!

[b]
STABBING OF TOURISTS IN LAS VEGAS
A violent attack on two seniors at Circus Circus on Thursday has tourism officials once again defending Las Vegas' reputation as a safe travel destination.
There is no denying, however, that this year has not been a particularly good one when it comes to protecting tourists from violence. The stabbing of a 64-year-old Indiana man and his 60-year-old wife in front of two young children at Circus Circus is the third time this year that Las Vegas tourists have been victimized.
Two of those victims were slain, and Thursday night's stabbing comes just a month after a gunbattle broke out in a busy parking lot on the Strip. In the past four years, seven tourists have been slain in a city almost entirely dependent on tourism for its existence.
Despite the numbers, Las Vegas still is the safest tourism destination in the country, said Rob Powers, a spokesman for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor's Authority.
"We will have over 32 million visitors this year, and given that number of people, when you look at the number of serious incidents we have involving tourists, it is a relatively small amount," Powers said.

And~~~~~ have a SAFE day, wherever you are
Monica

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 10 February 2004).][/B]

Posts: 20 | From: Cameroon | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nsani,

Before I go celebrate my birthday - some fun is needed, even in a very unfair and cruel world - I'd like to say, that the bottom line - what I saw here, there and everywhere - is that innocent people end up dead, as a result of a small, medium or large crime, or as a result of an ideology....at the end of the day, innocent people are dead dead dead...

Surely, this topic has a great potential and I'd love to discuss further....but ...I decided that I'll die another day

Later!
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Nsani:
Hi Monica,
You put a smile on my face. I am happy you "contradicted" (?) that posting. But I am afraid you didn't see deep into the differences between your posting and mine. I think we can make a clear distinction between crime (or an act of violence) motivated by self-interest and that driven by ideology. That was interesting though.

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nsani
Member # 3071

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nsani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,
Happy birth day to you!!!. I wish I could sing to your ears. Bet you, there is no death for you now. You still have plenty of these type of days ahead of you, and I am sure I will pray for that. Wishing you all the best.

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Nsani,

Before I go celebrate my birthday - some fun is needed, even in a very unfair and cruel world - I'd like to say, that the bottom line - what I saw here, there and everywhere - is that innocent people end up dead, as a result of a small, medium or large crime, or as a result of an ideology....at the end of the day, innocent people are dead dead dead...

Surely, this topic has a great potential and I'd love to discuss further....but ...I decided that I'll die another day

Later!
Monica

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a bunch, friend, check the grandcafe cyberparty thread, and join for cyberfun!

quote:
Originally posted by Nsani:
Monica,
Happy birth day to you!!!. I wish I could sing to your ears. Bet you, there is no death for you now. You still have plenty of these type of days ahead of you, and I am sure I will pray for that. Wishing you all the best.

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nsani from Cameroon.... I am sorry my friend.. one thing I cannot tolerate, BS posts... Once again, I apologize.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nsani
Member # 3071

Rate Member
Yes jaguar,
I do not understand what you mean by "BS posts". And if you are interested in identifying me, then I am right here for you. But for now, I am afraid you are in a deep mess. Sorry for that anyway.
Do you mean that was offensive to you? If yes, then I regret absolutely. And I would love to hear what makes it offensive to you. I am too rspectful to do that and may find it difficult to digest your concerns. Wishing you a wonderful day!!!.

"Nsani from Cameroon.... I am sorry my friend.. one thing I cannot tolerate, BS posts... Once again, I apologize."

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com