EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » DOES Marriage need LOVE or MONEY?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DOES Marriage need LOVE or MONEY?
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone it was along since my last topic, I really missed you all.. this time I just interest to know your opinion (especially females) about love & marriage..
Ok let's start, is it enough to engage with someone who loves you, has his own apartment and has a good salary??? Or you need more.. like a fancy car, a huge account at the bank, a big home.. and so on
What do you need and what are you looking for?? What about wedding party, "Shabka" and "Mahr". Can you marry someone you love even though your family doesn't accept that..
About my experience, I think all girls like to get everything, LOVE & MONEY.. everyone needs everything as a dream but when we are in a situation needs a decision we've to know what we need more. I do my best in my whole life to find someone who will love me just for my personality, every girl I know needs to live with a reach man.. she can spend a fanny time with me till she find her reach man, so that I decided to enjoy my time with my girlfriends till I become a reach man.
Do you know it's much easier than marriage, but I was dream to keep myself just to my girl.. but there's no girl who can accept me without money.. so what I've to do?!!!!

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
newman,

You haven't found the decent girl yet, the one that will love you and also accept you as you are, and maybe encourage you and motivate you to build a future, slowly but surely, and be genuine enough to give you her emotional support.

Being rich is not the dream of every girl/woman but unfortunately, many are brain washed by shallow ideas.

Having the basic comfort is important, but unreasonable demands of jewellery and cars and clothes, that are absolutely insignificant to a happy and loving life, show that some people are purely materialistic.

In general, everyone wishes to find a genuine person, that will appreciate who we really are, with our strengths and our weaknesses and dreams, reciprocate our kind feelings and respect us as well! No one likes to feel that the 'other' is there for materialistic purposes....hoping you find your other half.

quote:
Originally posted by newman575:
Hey everyone it was along since my last topic, I really missed you all.. this time I just interest to know your opinion (especially females) about love & marriage..
Ok let's start, is it enough to engage with someone who loves you, has his own apartment and has a good salary??? Or you need more.. like a fancy car, a huge account at the bank, a big home.. and so on
What do you need and what are you looking for?? What about wedding party, "Shabka" and "Mahr". Can you marry someone you love even though your family doesn't accept that..
About my experience, I think all girls like to get everything, LOVE & MONEY.. everyone needs everything as a dream but when we are in a situation needs a decision we've to know what we need more. I do my best in my whole life to find someone who will love me just for my personality, every girl I know needs to live with a reach man.. she can spend a fanny time with me till she find her reach man, so that I decided to enjoy my time with my girlfriends till I become a reach man.
Do you know it's much easier than marriage, but I was dream to keep myself just to my girl.. but there's no girl who can accept me without money.. so what I've to do?!!!!

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica, thanks for your opinion, no I didn't find my girls/women yet.. although I keep searching. but most of females now a day looking for just money even though they love their guy. I wish to engage with someone who doesn't talk about money in details, I don't mean that she mustn't take care about money at all but think about it s a part of marriage process not as an important thing in the whole life..
I'll not marry someone talking about SHABKA OR MAHR OR WEDDINGPARTY. but I'll marry someone who'll think about our future together and our own life and of corse about love.

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear newman - we missed you!

finding the right person is hard - sooner or later hard reality sets in and you do have to think a bit about money - where to live, food and clothes, school and health for your children - but i truly belive that if you find the right one then money is not important, you will find a way to get by and money and cars and a big bank balance will not keep you warm at night!

i totaly agree with monica when she says
'Having the basic comfort is important, but unreasonable demands of jewellery and cars and clothes, that are absolutely insignificant to a happy and loving life, show that some people are purely materialistic.'

so keep looking - i have always found love(?) although not 'the one' when i least expect it and it has never had anything to do with money.

wishing you much luck
love kay X

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is your question directed at, newman?

I think it makes a huge difference if you're asking Egyptian women or foreigners ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gebo
Member # 3337

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gebo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I think this is a question what you/ she search for in this life and where you are. The background and the way you was brought up is very important. It’s also a question of responsibility for yourself and maturity. Some of us want something from heaven, others ( want) works to achieve it.
Me personally, and many girls who work – try to do something in this life –appreciate the afford of a man to achieve something instead of looking for a guy who does it for them. They say: let’s do it together! I’m not well - off but I work and I’m responsible for myself. The answer comes without question that I also want a person who is developed, work and understand that it costs some affords.
Women or men who want only the luxury cars etc. in general ( sorry, if there is an exception) doesn’t make you happy. They want, require. Outlook and impression is important. And your task is to confirm how great they are.

If you want to succeed in relationship, in general, the question is: what can I do to make our life happier?
Well, but I’m from the family where 2 parents worked and both did a great things in life. Together.
PS I read about a man who has a lot of money but he’s in that kind of environment that he can’t find the right girl. He took those girls 10 km from the disco in his luxury car and said: bye.Find the way back on your own.
It’s ridiculous, just an example- discos are not a good place for meeting. But it depend what you want and who you want to be.
This is just my opinion not judgement.

Posts: 28 | From: Germany | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome back newman , and welcome back Kay , i maglad u r back .
my dear newman ,i will tel u my opinion ased on my own experience,
for myself, marriage for me needs to loving couples on a a comfortable base of financial situation regarding their financial brought up enviroment,
in egypt we have trqaditions in marriage including shabka , mahr, u can't ignore them , as they look to them as the ur scope of apreciating your girl , but the girl's family can be sensible in them , so u need ur apartment, salary which must be rather satisfying ur needs, and shabka and mahr, these are basic things in marriage in egypt,this what i must have, but i will not marry without loving my girl because she will be my support to make that , so if there is no love, then why will i do all that ,
and don't worry about finding the right girl , it is really our problem now, we can't find the right one, but who is in a hurry ? we still have time, i guess i will not think of this before 30 ))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Surviver
Member # 3673

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Surviver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
Who is your question directed at, newman?

I think it makes a huge difference if you're asking Egyptian women or foreigners ...

Dalia..why do you think there's a "huge" differnce between foreigners and Egyptians??.. that kinda surprises me!!!

[This message has been edited by Surviver (edited 14 March 2004).]

Posts: 40 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi newman,

glad you're back with a new outlook (though I do not support the idea with the girl-friends )

I know a number of Egypt. girls, and most since their childhood, get trained and prepared for that only goal, to get married, by their parents. It is their parents who poison their minds with the picture of the perfect, handsome and rich young man, if he is also religious, a little, not too much, that's a plus.

Society tells them how many sets of malaya they need, and the different sets of pots (tefal, alu AND porcellain) simply have to be, how many nightdresses and towels and the kind of marriage-mafresh they need... everything is narrowed down to the material things, everything has to be 'perfect' for that big, special night, THE night... but sadly for everything that will happen after that night, the girls have no plan.. life itself was never part of the lessons. I am a little bit dramatic today?

I have to mention that there are also the other kind of girl, who mostly want a religious husband, and they don't care for the material things, which is also reflected by their families' attitude. One such girl married a very good friend of ours, who does not have a flat nor a huge income (they live in a rented flat), and I know personally 8 young girls and one divorced lady (after a very short marriage), all educated, in their 20's, mashaAllah pretty and religious, and their requirement is just to find somebody religious!

So keep on looking and don't waste your time with sin, for you'll never be successful if you do.

all the best, salaam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ju
Member # 3807

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Ju     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think your wife didnt meet you yet, girls who only think about cars and money etc... dont love you.. trust me its better marry with love by the both sides than just marry because you do love but she doesnt and is just worried about money
Look I will marry on october and Im not a muslim but my fiancé is.. and he is not rich at all but I just cant even think about live without him.. money can be usefull but we cant let it rule our life, so my freind wait for your girl that she will come anyway, good luck!!

Posts: 10 | From: Brazil | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"Does marriage means love or money?"

Its kind of a difficult question but I will try to explain it from my POV.

There are people out there who married because of love. Others marry because of money. Many people marry because of both reasons. I believe as long as both partners are honest to each other and know the reasons why they commit to each other I don't see anything wrong. People come in different sizes and shapes and everyone has a right to live his own life.

Now the difficult part is how to find out if your partner is honest to you. But I believe this is another topic.

For myself I would just marry someone because I really really love that person (BTW I am married already with off-springs!)
and I don't care if he would be a doctor or a gardener as long as the basic needs are met (this was already mentioned before here). F. e. most of the people in my county Germany, regardless of what their occupations is, they are very skilled and masters of their jobs. So you find mostly people getting married because of love.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes Ithink you are right culture is an important point. when I asked my question I ment Egyptian girl/woman.. MOST of Egyptian female looking for money as a most important part in marriage, they dream to live in a big flat, having an amazing car, get an expencive prizes and so on..
I don't know alot about weastern culture but I think it's completely deferent, cause I think weastern female can start her own life with the one she loves whatever this one is..
I wish to declare something, when I ask this question I didn't mean that money is not important at all no all of us think of money and do our best best to be reach, but I nned to know what's much important? and when you love someone and you know that he's not reach but he's basics and good future, what will you decide and what about your family??
about me I'll not marry any girl will talk with me about SHABKA or MAHR or Wedding party cause it shows her personality and her family attitude.. I prefer to spend my whole life keep searching and live in a hope more then spend it with someone thinking about money, I wish to enjoy my life with my lover not live it thinking about how can I get money to bay everything she wish.
it's my own opinion.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I totally understand your point.

But from my experience in Egypt I know that money indeed plays a very important role.

Don't think that all Egytian women are only money-hungry. See it as a safety for your future wife. You need to get her to know very well in person through talking, take time to choose your woman. Try to confirm her motives why she likes you so much and she would love to be your wife.

I am speaking as a European woman and indeed we are more independent and can live alone and support ourselves through work very well.

I believe this shabka, mahr etc. is necessary because it belongs to the tradition of your country. And I can't speak for Egyptian women.

I really wish you good luck in finding your wife.....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newman,

as Tigerlily said, it is also a cultural and religious thing. She has to talk to you about her mahr, because this is part of the Islamic marriage, and it does secure her future. No Egyptian parents can just 'forget' about the mahr, and the material arrangements for their daughters future well-being, see it from their eyes also.

Don't forget, in Europe the girls are highly educated and nearly all have some profession or work, they maintain homes on their own and are self-depending in many ways. When they marry, mostly everybody keeps his own belongings, what they make together of money and fortunes, belongs to both of them. If a couple separates, everybody can go on with his/her life independently.

A divorced woman in Egypt has only her 'muakhar' and if the home was written in her name as 'mahr', this flat. A girl can get badly abused by a not so good man, esp. if the mahr and muakhar are of small value, and if she got divorced she'll bare besides the shame the financial brunt, and will have to return to her family broke.

You need to find that girl, who will fall in love with you and don't consider the financial point as the most important one, but it has to be discussed between yourselves. It is not part of Islam, to marry off the girls at the current extremely high expectations.. remember in the time of prophet Mohamed (saw) a man gave his wife mahr in form of the qty. of Koran he keeps by heart.

Give her your hear and a fair mahr, wa tawakal al Allah.

There are families and girls out there who have not been taken in by the materialism rising up in Egypt, and inshaAllah you'll be able to find somebody special like this.

salaam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man do I have an opinion.

Quite possibly the biggest gulf of conflict in marriages between western women and misr men.

Yes, it is considered that men must provide materially for their brides but his is not what's happening in Misr.

Men are supposed to provide a bride price, Islamically. This isn't and probably never happen. The parents of the bride provide a 'hope chest' of sorts for their daughter and then she haggles with her husband what he will spend it on. Then he is supposed to get her a flat, but often they end up living with his parents or a close relative. From then on she has to get on her mother-in-laws good side so she can turn her husband on his head to have any sort of influence over her living conditions.

This makes Misr women extremely good at negiotiation and often have to stoop to immature pressure tactics to influence her husband's weaknesses. I call it the 'Virgin Illusion'. I am sweet and innocent why don't you want to make me happy.

Western women often won't play this game, and the Misr men appreciate this, though they still manipulate, control and dominate everything in expectation that he can get her family to submit to paying extra money to ease the husband's greed.

My sister-in-laws family is continueing to hemorage money to please my brother-in-law and my husband has made my life miserable in hopes that my family will give us money (or should I say give him money). Culturally many Misr whether they can give money or not, give to ensure their daughter's happiness. It's better to be exceptionally gutted financially because their fathers know they have done the same.

Though the husband is expected to provide financially for his wife and family often for the first decade or so, he is often subsidized by the in-laws.

A truely vicious cycle and what I consider the main reason why mixed marriages break up, westerners are not used to this.

In my opinion it is extortion. I can't possibly work and pay all the bills and then give some more. My family has little respect for my husband and has urged me to leave him.

I can't we have a child.

I have seen a slow mature development with him, bit by bit he is embarrassed by some of his earlier misgonist behavior and views and he repents. Otherwise, he is smart enough, extremely good looking, and has a excellent family background to find a Muslim wealthy virgin to marry. I would welcome being dumped if he doesn't improve. I just want to have an excellent relationship with the in-laws afterwards. I couldn't possibly tear my daughter away from such wonderful grandparents due to her parents inability to settle cross cultural problems.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey I don't know whatI've to do?? I wish to enjoy my life without making bad deeds but I don't know how?????
I stop looking for love, but I don't knowwhat I've to do, is it a good thingtostart searching for fun by going outside with females or spend a funy time with them.. I know it's a bad deed in Islam but to be honest I can't stop thinking of girls I did my best to burn my power by running and playing gym for alonge time but it didn't work so do you have asuggestion tostop thinking of girls without making a deep relation with any???

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You should never marry or want to marry someone for money. In my opinion, marriage is all about love and being with the person you love, no matter whether your family approves or not. Money shouldn't even come into it!

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kawsar
Member # 3177

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kawsar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all,
in my opinion marriage neither needs money nor love.
huh! that sounds taugh. but let me explain:
the first impression of a man/woman we love might often be better than the impression we get after we´re living together= married.
the result: love disappears slowly slowly.
we remember painfully the sweet moments of our engagement, the perfect picture we made of our life-partner in that time,- but we dont find him anymore in the daily routine.
and about money? well, no need to explain that money is not "a girls best friend" for a life-time.

i think most important for the start of a working marriage is RESPECT and mercy.
if we respect each other and feel mercy, love rises within a marriage. becoz we respect our partners thinking and his piont of fews (doesnt mean, that we always have to agree!). we treat each other in the best way and we feel same feelings, becoz there is mercy.

wow, it´s quite difficult 4 me to explain in english....i hope u get me
and u, newman, my point of few propably doesnt help u at all
my bro in law lost two brides becoz of the money-matter...the third one agreed to marry him when he was already 38 years old and he was finally aible to buy flat, shabka, mahr. etc etc.
they didnt love each other the "true love" from the beginning, but now they do more and more

Posts: 45 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,newman,i can only say one little thing,
(never trust women for they shall disappoint u), page one...the old book of wisdom:-),
well,women only want money,they can go out with u for a week or 2 if u r handsome and cute and has a good personality but after that forget it,so man what i say is forget it:-)))),

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mody:
well,newman,i can only say one little thing,
(never trust women for they shall disappoint u), page one...the old book of wisdom:-),
well,women only want money,they can go out with u for a week or 2 if u r handsome and cute and has a good personality but after that forget it,so man what i say is forget it:-)))),

Not all women are that shallow Mody!! Maybe you've been looking at the wrong sort of women??

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady_Fox
Member # 3191

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Lady_Fox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Newman575,

Actually, it is difficult to balance everythings in the world.

Your question just let me think in deep about myself. I would like to talk about my experience and my feeling in the past and present. However it doesn't mean any suggestion or comments to anyone.

Before, I was married with a man who is younger than me for 2 years and I felt very happy with him for nearly 8 years. During this marriage, he is poor and he is lazy to do any works. As he got the character like an artist, hope you know what I mean. May be you will asking how can we living?

I worked for a big public utilities and earning a stable money. It is not rich, even under the middle class in my area, but I always think that money is not the major things between our love. I paid all the bills and expenses including his expensive habbits too (like diving, feed lot of pets including a 6 feet marine tank, playing over 10 sets of mobile control building boat, playing audo music equipment, fishing...etc.)

Suddently, the company cut the manpower and I was unluck one. After I lost my stable job in the bad economic climate, I hope my husband could help a little on earning money for his own expenses. But my hope was failed, he still kept reliable on me. As a result, I began to think what about the coming 30 years? Still keep in same status? If he love me, he should help me to pass though the hardness....Then, we started argue and hurt our feeling from time to time.

Today, I already left him because I don't have enough money to support him. I already have a big loan from the Bank. Please don't worry about me, the God is good to me. I met my boyfriend and he is take care me very well, although we temperary can't meet and feeling pain. It is because he need to work and station at Egypt, but we keep contact every day. He is also a poor man but at least he try his best to find enough bread for the family, me and my kid (no blood relation with my boyfriend). He is kind and sometime give a hand to my ex-hus.

Money is important for bread, but not major in the life. However, we can't life without money...

Lady Fox :P

Posts: 47 | From: Hong Kong | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Fox:
hi Newman575,

Actually, it is difficult to balance everythings in the world.

Your question just let me think in deep about myself. I would like to talk about my experience and my feeling in the past and present. However it doesn't mean any suggestion or comments to anyone.

Before, I was married with a man who is younger than me for 2 years and I felt very happy with him for nearly 8 years. During this marriage, he is poor and he is lazy to do any works. As he got the character like an artist, hope you know what I mean. May be you will asking how can we living?

I worked for a big public utilities and earning a stable money. It is not rich, even under the middle class in my area, but I always think that money is not the major things between our love. I paid all the bills and expenses including his expensive habbits too (like diving, feed lot of pets including a 6 feet marine tank, playing over 10 sets of mobile control building boat, playing audo music equipment, fishing...etc.)

Suddently, the company cut the manpower and I was unluck one. After I lost my stable job in the bad economic climate, I hope my husband could help a little on earning money for his own expenses. But my hope was failed, he still kept reliable on me. As a result, I began to think what about the coming 30 years? Still keep in same status? If he love me, he should help me to pass though the hardness....Then, we started argue and hurt our feeling from time to time.

Today, I already left him because I don't have enough money to support him. I already have a big loan from the Bank. Please don't worry about me, the God is good to me. I met my boyfriend and he is take care me very well, although we temperary can't meet and feeling pain. It is because he need to work and station at Egypt, but we keep contact every day. He is also a poor man but at least he try his best to find enough bread for the family, me and my kid (no blood relation with my boyfriend). He is kind and sometime give a hand to my ex-hus.

Money is important for bread, but not major in the life. However, we can't life without money...

Lady Fox :P

I think love is not words we say, it's actions we do, so I'm sure that this guy didn'tlove you although you loved him so much, cause if he did he wouldn't let you fought alone to earn your life.. sorry to say that but it's the truth. whe I said I'll not marry a girl/woman talks about money it didn't mean that I'll let her to take my place and act as a man, no I'm the one who has to open the home and pay for life, I ment that she's to live with me in better and worse, and doesn't think about herself but she's to think about our life together.
to be honest with you all I'm fear of tomorrow, I needn't to live alone any more, and I needn't to spend my whole life in searching.. I need to live my life and I believe that real life will not start till I find my soulmate.. I don't know may be I've to go to psychologist

GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think love is not words we say, it's actions we do, so I'm sure that this guy didn'tlove you although you loved him so much, cause if he did he wouldn't let you fought alone to earn your life.. sorry to say that but it's the truth. whe I said I'll not marry a girl/woman talks about money it didn't mean that I'll let her to take my place and act as a man, no I'm the one who has to open the home and pay for life, I ment that she's to live with me in better and worse, and doesn't think about herself but she's to think about our life together.
to be honest with you all I'm fear of tomorrow, I needn't to live alone any more, and I needn't to spend my whole life in searching.. I need to live my life and I believe that real life will not start till I find my soulmate.. I don't know may be I've to go to psychologist

That's really sad...but how do you find your soulmate??

roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi newman ...i hate to say this but i believe the ideal is to have love and money.
Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

One question for the guys here, how would you feel if your wife makes more money than you do? what if her family is richer than yours? would you take it in your stride or would it be a chip on your shoulder (even if she doesn't mind) and she has to watch every single word comin out of her mouth and her mother's and her father's and her brother's and her aunt's and her uncle's and.........??????

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
One question for the guys here, how would you feel if your wife makes more money than you do? what if her family is richer than yours? would you take it in your stride or would it be a chip on your shoulder (even if she doesn't mind) and she has to watch every single word comin out of her mouth and her mother's and her father's and her brother's and her aunt's and her uncle's and.........??????

Hi Rimo,
I would like to give you a reply to your question.

MY POV if two people are truly in love what does it matter what they have or don't have. What counts is how they feel for each other, how they would lead their lives together, how they respect each other (no matter what they have or don't have), how they would be happy together, how they would grow old together, and how they would they would stay in love together through all the years growing together.

So Rimo, having things or not having things. yes to some people that is important in a realtionship. But for me if my partner was richer than me and had me than me in a material way so be it. It wouldn't be a chip obn my shoulder because we both love each other.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hi Newman,
Good question. I had some thought in my mind. Thanks for asking the question though. I learned alot through other people's replies. Hope you find your true love.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi Rimo,
I would like to give you a reply to your question.

MY POV if two people are truly in love what does it matter what they have or don't have. What counts is how they feel for each other, how they would lead their lives together, how they respect each other (no matter what they have or don't have), how they would be happy together, how they would grow old together, and how they would they would stay in love together through all the years growing together.

So Rimo, having things or not having things. yes to some people that is important in a realtionship. But for me if my partner was richer than me and had me than me in a material way so be it. It wouldn't be a chip obn my shoulder because we both love each other.

Salam,
Brian

Thanks Brian, I used to think so.

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well Rimo,
about ur question"if i got a wife who is more richer than me,then that's okay,i got no chips on my shoulder man;-),and everybody has to be that way,get a life:-))

Posts: 165 | From: alexandria | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
newman,

a sheikh told me recently, the clever Muslim is the one who enjoys all the halal things of the dunya, while he keeps his eyes constantly on the eternal life of the akhira.

It may be a special test to you, that you have not found your soulmate yet, and without God's help you never will.

Would you rather waste your short time in this life with having 'fun' with girls, for the price of your place in paradise?

Stay away from forbidden things, protect yourself from the enemy of mankind, shaytan and his whisperings. Overcome your nafs, close the door into shaytan's face, and return back to Allah and Islam, if you want to be successful in this life and the next one.

Fasting helps to control one's feelings, so does reading quran and zikr-lilllah.

salam, Karin

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks Brian, I used to think so.

Hi Rimo,
What has changed your mind? Well maybe oneday you find someone that thinks like you. Remember not all guys are the same.

Salam,
Brian

maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
quote:

I also believe that if there's love between two partner there's no important to any other things and they'll be able to pass through all descripency

maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
newman,

a sheikh told me recently, the clever Muslim is the one who enjoys all the halal things of the dunya, while he keeps his eyes constantly on the eternal life of the akhira.

It may be a special test to you, that you have not found your soulmate yet, and without God's help you never will.

Would you rather waste your short time in this life with having 'fun' with girls, for the price of your place in paradise?

Stay away from forbidden things, protect yourself from the enemy of mankind, shaytan and his whisperings. Overcome your nafs, close the door into shaytan's face, and return back to Allah and Islam, if you want to be successful in this life and the next one.

Fasting helps to control one's feelings, so does reading quran and zikr-lilllah.

salam, Karin

sure I agree with you,and I do my best but it didn't work every time and sometimes I feel that I can do anything tobe with a girl now, not only cuz of the sexual desire but also for emotional one.
believe me I always do my best to control my desires by any and every available ways but sometimes I lose control

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rimo:
[b] Thanks Brian, I used to think so.

Hi Rimo,
What has changed your mind? Well maybe oneday you find someone that thinks like you. Remember not all guys are the same.

Salam,
Brian

[/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't say it was me now did i ? anyway, whether it was me or someone else, I'm sorry i won't provide details, that would be "dirty laundry" not my favorite thing, but anyway, I've seen this happen, more than once. Man feels bad, woman doesn't know where the hell she went wrong......

Have a nice day ..........

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:
I didn't say it was me now did i ? anyway, whether it was me or someone else, I'm sorry i won't provide details, that would be "dirty laundry" not my favorite thing, but anyway, I've seen this happen, more than once. Man feels bad, woman doesn't know where the hell she went wrong......

Have a nice day ..........

Hi Rimo,
Well if that problem persists in the relationshpip. I think the people involved so talk about how the feel about one another's have and have nots. But you are right men do have the chip on their shoulder.
Why? The man feels he must supply for the family and so on..... Like I said before all men are not alike.

In my previous threads I mentioned I would support my woman's career no matter what standing within the relationship.

Be well...

Salam,
Brian

kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear friends

thoughs on the above posts......................
i think that when one is lonely one longs for a cuddle/soulmate/partner to share some of the burden of day to day living.
and day to day ilving can be hard - i know sometimes i wish i could cook a meal for two instead of just for me. i wish there was someone to rub my sholders when i am tired of writing up notes at the computer - i wish there was someone there to hold me while i go to sleep......
but, for me and i think for you too newman, not just anyone will do!

this thread has made me examine my egyptian experience closely - a few folk have asked
"why do women fall under the spell of a few pretty words spoken over a couple of days....they would not fall for it at home"
well i now think that deep down it is out of lonlyness - not for sex but for a soulmate - many of us are not used to sweet words at home and feel that we will never find anyone to share our lives with so we get overwhelmed by a holiday romance.

i know i am well away from newmans question but these are a few of the thoughts i had while reading the thread.

newman - i dont really know what to tell you - i too have just admitted to myself that i would love to be loved and alowed to give love in return - after many years telling myself that i was happy alone and did not ever need anyone - and it is a bit frightening - because i have no idea how to go about 'finding' someone - not even sure that that works (going out and looking - its not like buying apples is it lol) the only thing i have been gratefull to my beach habibi for is that he led me to meet all of you, make some great new friends in egypt and he finally opend my eyes to the fact that i could fall in love again.
i guess the only thing we can do is to take up offers of going out with friends, expanding our circle of friends and get to know people - sooner or later someone will introduce us to someone and so on....... or we join a dating agency lol

anyway sorry to ramble on yake care and good luck
love kay

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by kay in love:
dear friends

thoughs on the above posts......................
i think that when one is lonely one longs for a cuddle/soulmate/partner to share some of the burden of day to day living.
and day to day ilving can be hard - i know sometimes i wish i could cook a meal for two instead of just for me. i wish there was someone to rub my sholders when i am tired of writing up notes at the computer - i wish there was someone there to hold me while i go to sleep......
but, for me and i think for you too newman, not just anyone will do!

this thread has made me examine my egyptian experience closely - a few folk have asked
"why do women fall under the spell of a few pretty words spoken over a couple of days....they would not fall for it at home"
well i now think that deep down it is out of lonlyness - not for sex but for a soulmate - many of us are not used to sweet words at home and feel that we will never find anyone to share our lives with so we get overwhelmed by a holiday romance.

i know i am well away from newmans question but these are a few of the thoughts i had while reading the thread.

newman - i dont really know what to tell you - i too have just admitted to myself that i would love to be loved and alowed to give love in return - after many years telling myself that i was happy alone and did not ever need anyone - and it is a bit frightening - because i have no idea how to go about 'finding' someone - not even sure that that works (going out and looking - its not like buying apples is it lol) the only thing i have been gratefull to my beach habibi for is that he led me to meet all of you, make some great new friends in egypt and he finally opend my eyes to the fact that i could fall in love again.
i guess the only thing we can do is to take up offers of going out with friends, expanding our circle of friends and get to know people - sooner or later someone will introduce us to someone and so on....... or we join a dating agency lol

anyway sorry to ramble on yake care and good luck
love kay

I think you're right, I've to stop thinking bythis dreamy way, live my life as it's, try to enjoy it by the right way, work so hard and colect money. may be one a day I can attract someone.. now age and how do u look like are not important, themost important thing is MONEY, and I'll do my best to get it.
thaks alot to everyone gives his/her opinion, and wish me good luck to live my life and enjoy it lonely.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
I think you're right, I've to stop thinking bythis dreamy way, live my life as it's, try to enjoy it by the right way, work so hard and colect money. may be one a day I can attract someone.. now age and how do u look like are not important, themost important thing is MONEY, and I'll do my best to get it.
thaks alot to everyone gives his/her opinion, and wish me good luck to live my life and enjoy it lonely.

Please don't act so sarcastic. You will find your better half without having to show off money. You'll see. Your girl will come you way - you might just have to wait a little more......

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok let's start, is it enough to engage with someone who loves you even though your family doesn't accept that..

Well, I think it is extreamly difficult to live with a man u don't love. I tried it once and after several months i felt really sick. I lived with him not because of money, but because I thought he was a good person, he loved me and took care of me. I thought i would menage to make myself love him. But i failed and can't stand him anymore even as a friend. It is my fault of course. But I understood that without a feeling it is very very difficult to live with a man no matter how good he is. Money willn't help. Finally u will hate ur man, money and urself.

But money is still very important, as it gives FREEDOM. In my opinion, a flat and good salary are not bad at all. But I belive a man should be motivated to provide his wife and children with good conditions (financial as well). It is quite natural. And woman should provide husband with a support, he should be sure that he has a place, where he would always find a support, care and understanding.

However, not everybody meet his/her person, soulmate, or it is not always possible to be with him.

P.S. If my family and friends will be against the man i choose, it will be a reason for me to think WHY. Because I maybe don't see smth important about him, as it is very difficult to be objective when u fell in love with smb. So I will try to understand why they are against. but the decision I will make by myself.

Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dearest newman

age and looks are not really important as long as the one who loves you likes you (i know thats the hard part)
do you really want someone to love you for your money???? i dont think you really do - thoes sort of people dont stick around when the going gets tough - hold out for love my dear - altho having a bit of cash saved never hurt (but dont tell anyone about it till your sure of them lol)
much love
kay XX

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, ur post surprised me a bit. As i noticed lately, lots of women are ready to provide their lovers with money and do everything for them. I am talking about the well known situation with resort gigolos. Those women don't care about money at all. And there are quite a big amount of such women in Hurgada and Sharm.
Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lukoshko:
By the way, ur post surprised me a bit. As i noticed lately, lots of women are ready to provide their lovers with money and do everything for them. I am talking about the well known situation with resort gigolos. Those women don't care about money at all. And there are quite a big amount of such women in Hurgada and Sharm.

hey I'm looking for a wife not for someone who I'll spend my vacation with.. but I think it's a good idea when I decide to spend an enjoyalbe time with someone
by any way I think I've to stop thinking or looking for my soulmate and I wish one a day I'll find her.. I'll spend my whole enargy & my time in playing gym and in working.. and do my best to stop thinking about emotions and desires..

Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
quote:

by any way I think I've to stop thinking or looking for my soulmate and I wish one a day I'll find her.. I'll spend my whole enargy & my time in playing gym and in working.. and do my best to stop thinking about emotions and desires..

That's the best way. Sometimes when u want smth very much, u can't get it. And when u forget it a bit, or switch ur attantion over other things, it comes to u. So live ur life enjoy every day (even without soulmate) with friends, and maybe u will meet her very soon.

Good luck

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend

i will not find better words more than Kay did, and in fact it is true, for me also it is a matter of soulmate and lonliness. and regarding your main question , don't think much about this, and don't focus ur mind on this point, your other half will hit u suddenly ,don't search, just be yourself, and don't feel petty for being lonely ,crush into new friends, fill your time, avode Haram, god will bless u, work for your own career, show your tenderness and feelings to friends, relatives , orphans.
and don't worry , u will find your own love, if it is not so hard to find then u will not know how precious it is!!!

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well,that's the differnce between Bigfooted and an honest woman?!!:-).......

------------------
www.face-pic.com/aqua_vilva

mody
Member # 3902

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for mody   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bigfooted has been sighted;-)

------------------
www.face-pic.com/aqua_vilva

Linnet
Member # 3911

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Linnet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Newman,
I have read this thread and believe me you sound like a lovely guy. I'm sure love will happen to you and you will find the right girl. Believe me, it happens when you least expect it!
Take Care

Posts: 85 | From: London England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta
Member # 3620

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Dear newman, just to give you a little motivation: stop to search, love will find you when you dont expect it and when it is the right time. For everything in life there is the right time. Just wait until "it hits you". Then it will be the right person and then it will be true from both sides. As long as a woman is so superficial, it will never be true love. But dont forget, that poorness and too less money can also cause very serious problems in a relationship, because when you always have to think about how you can pay your rent the next months, your head and heart are not really free to feel and enjoy the positive things in your life.

Posts: 53 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com