EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I need help getting a job in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need help getting a job in Egypt
pharoahslove
Member # 3630

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pharoahslove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning on relocating to Egypt in July so that I can be closer to my fiance. I am an Egyptian born American, and I go to Egypt 2-4 times a year to be with him. So I know what I am getting myself into, culture wise. My main problem now is that I do not want to relocate without first having a job. I do not know where to start my search in Egypt. I am a Seton Hall College Graduate with a degree in Communication. I currently work for The Times as an Advertising Account Executive handling Automotive Dealerships and Real Estate Offices. I have also worked for AT&T as an Account Executive. Does anyone have any advise for me? Help!!!!!
Posts: 3 | From: hamilton, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PERFECT ENGLISH - Here might be one for you. (If you are looking)
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wsir
Member # 3663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wsir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi pharoahslove

I'm also Egyptian Iwas born in egypt and now i live in USA for over 5 years.
Well from what you said it looks like you have alot of experince in accounting and also you have a collge dgrees and of course you speak English excllent so it's better to start looking in the International banks in egypt they pay really good and great benfits also people in egypt consider it a very high class job.
They do have AT&T branches in egypt you might as well try that to.
If not try the American embassy, or any other companies that they need you English.
There is alot of those copanies there and they are looking for people like you.
I"M NOT SAYING THAT IT"S EASY TO FIND A JOB IN EGYPT, but you have a very good chance to get a great job than anyone there.
I forgot to ask you, Do you speak Arabic or not?
And also how old are you?
Well if you speak arabic that will be wonderfull, and if you are in the middle age 20-40 that even better you don't have to worry that much.
P.S Most of the good jobs and big companies are located in Cairo and Alexandria.
Also ask your fiance if he knows any "WASTA"
That will be very helpfull.
I hope i was a littel help for you.
and if you need to know anything just email me to
wrizk@comcast.net
Good Luck

[This message has been edited by wsir (edited 25 February 2004).]

[This message has been edited by wsir (edited 25 February 2004).]

Posts: 6 | From: Randallstown, MD USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pharoahslove
Member # 3630

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pharoahslove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I do speak Arabic and very well, though I do have an accent. Unfortunately I do not know how to read or write arabic, but I am a quick learner. I was told that I would need about 7000LE in order to live the life that I am used to here in America. It that true?

I would definately be interested Debbie.

Posts: 3 | From: hamilton, NJ USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wsir
Member # 3663

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wsir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
That's a little too much [7000] well if you are willing to spend that amount monthly you will be living like a queen I think compare to life in America you will need around 4000 to 5000 LE, if you wanna live the avrage life in egypt you will need around 1500 to 2000 so i don't recommend that you start your life there in a high class comunities unless you have the perfect job.
So be sure you make enough money to live the life you want and don't start living it right away wait till every goes fine.
And you should know that prices in egypt chang really fast and suddnly it all depends on the dollar's price,as an example 5 years ago before i come here to America prices of every thing were almost half what it is now.
you need to be aware of that.
Good luck

[This message has been edited by wsir (edited 27 February 2004).]

Posts: 6 | From: Randallstown, MD USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
you could try looking at the www.careeregypt.com job site and register there.
Also try looking at www.smartvillage.com, this is a new business park area jiust outside cairo, quite a few compnaies are relocating there.
You actualy need to be in egypt to apply for jobs, they generally don't respond to outsiders.
Also you could write to your embassy asking them for a list or registered US companies in egypt and then write directly to them.
I have a list of british companies registered in egypt if you want me to send you it I can.
International companies normally pay more than egyptian companies, but if your expecting 7000ep then thats a very high wage.

Cheers
Malak

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually 7000 sounds about right when you first start out....you will probably end up spending less and less as you change your living habits, start cooking local stuff, and start cutting down on anything imported.

4-5,000 was enough a year ago, but things have gotten really really expensive in the last year!

i would try looking up companies on american chamber of commerce in egypt and email your resume. i emailed mine off to about 50 firms, letting them know when i would be in cairo for interviews, and got 10 appointments, which ended up in a couple of full time job offers and lots of interest in part-time/contract work. i found that people were more responsive when they knew i would be coming to cairo for a limited time, so it took less time than if i had already been living here.

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 16 March 2004).]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com