EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ministry of defence in egypt HELP!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ministry of defence in egypt HELP!!!!
misscurly
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misscurly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi to all
i wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction.
i have been married for a year (april 22) my husband is egyptian- he is in egypt i am in uk. he has a 2 year visa (1 year already expired) and we have waited for a year now to find out if he has to go back to the army - so today we know he has to go for 15 months, tomorrow we may find out where and when. what i want to do is write and beg the ministry of defence to release him but i really have no idea where to write or if there is a chance for us. (maybe i need some of Adoulas luck!) anyway does anyone have an address or a suggestion as to what i can do now
thanks for listening
love curly x

Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He can't go to the UK because he has to present a recent certificate from the military to immigration authorities in Cairo saying they have no problem with him travelling.

And no writing them won't work, it's beaurocratic as hell.

One more pointer is that if your marriage certificate is recognised (not orfi) then he may get exemption for security reasons if he presents it. People who are married to foreigners, those who have been to Israel, and those that have double citizenship can generally get this but I am not sure you'd have to check.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misscurly
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misscurly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kimo
thanks for a quick reply- they have already had our marriage certificate and so many other documents, i have been to israel but i guess that doesnt count - and i didnt get my passport stamped anyway.so i guess we just have to see the 15 months through. if only they decided this a year ago the time would be nearly finished! anyway thanks again, i guess really i know there is nothing we can do but wait again.
best wishes love curly

Posts: 56 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe my answer is late, but begging the ministry won't help at all ... your letter will be directly put in trash.
I think he can really escape service if he went to his unit, said he is married to a foreigner and that his wife visited Israel ... I know it needs guts, but I believe it will work.
He will be dismissed for security reasons.

------------------

Raymon www.youregypt.com

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Raymon:

I think he can really escape service if he went to his unit, said he is married to a foreigner and that his wife visited Israel ... I know it needs guts, but I believe it will work.
He will be dismissed for security reasons.

... they'd put him into military prison for giving them misleading info.. besides, that would involve lots of Mokhabaraat investigations.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
... they'd put him into military prison for giving them misleading info.. besides, that would involve lots of Mokhabaraat investigations.

But it is not misleading, it is the truth according to the previous post of misscurly. If it is checkable then the investigations would reveal that.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akshar.. yes, you make sense, but I thought he never informed them that he was married to a foreigner who had been to Tel Aviv.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com