EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » What Egyptians think about tattooed foreigners and foreigners with piercings etc?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Egyptians think about tattooed foreigners and foreigners with piercings etc?
secret agent
Member # 4003

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for secret agent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello people,

I have this question for long long time...if Muslim people think it is haram and simply reject people who look different by their own choice - by modificating their own bodies in different ways - or they dare to look behind the look and discover the human being without prejudice?
I'd love to read Your opinions about this.
Thanks for reading,
salam

Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, let me ask you a question secret agent..!

How many Muslim people have YOU known in your life?

There's a great misconception about Islam, and automatically a great misconception about Muslim people too.

There are some people that would say it's 'haram' to even listen to music, and others that would actually marry a foreigner who does not wear hijab...so please believe that the attitude varies depending on a multitude of factors.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all Muslims are dark skinned and not all Christians are white skinned and not all atheists like tatoos etc...etc....etc....

If the right man loves you wether Muslim or else, he will love you wether you have a piece of metal up your nose, or a tatoo on your chest. Love goes deep beyond tatoos and artiificial accoutrements! he might ask you not to show some of your body parts to the world though...can you live with that one?

Best wishes,

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by secret agent:
Hello people,

I have this question for long long time...if Muslim people think it is haram and simply reject people who look different by their own choice - by modificating their own bodies in different ways - or they dare to look behind the look and discover the human being without prejudice?
I'd love to read Your opinions about this.
Thanks for reading,
salam

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secret agent
Member # 4003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for secret agent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica,

it was an innocent q, with no bad intentions
anyway, thanks for the answer

peace

Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend

in my point of view, it is haram , for me ,i will not do it, but i will not prevent anyone from doing it, beside , it will not make get away from him ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peace secret agent...got carried away there for a moment

Monica

quote:
Originally posted by secret agent:
Monica,

it was an innocent q, with no bad intentions
anyway, thanks for the answer

peace

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're going for a job interview at MTV I don't think you can get away with a nose/belly ring and a huge tottoo secret agent it depends on the kind of Egyptians you're going to deal with...not different at that from other nationalities....I have 5 peircings in my ears but when I go to work I make sure I only wear one decent earing .... also we sometimes experiment with henna tattoos at weddings and on vacations in resorts....for fun) Does that answer your question? To put it another wy, you wear a swimsuit on the beach but you can't wear it to work ,,it's a question of what's appropriate when and where....you can always tell.

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 12 April 2004).]

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcydale454     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
Unless you're going for a job interview at MTV I don't think you can get away with a nose/belly ring and a huge tottoo secret agent it depends on the kind of Egyptians you're going to deal with...not different at that from other nationalities....I have 5 peircings in my ears but when I go to work I make sure I only wear one decent earing .... also we sometimes experiment with henna tattoos at weddings and on vacations in resorts....for fun) Does that answer your question? To put it another wy, you wear a swimsuit on the beach but you can't wear it to work ,,it's a question of what's appropriate when and where....you can always tell.

Hey you!! What does haram mean? And what about women with tatoos & nose piercing?

Posts: 40 | From: Riverhead,NY ,USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I quite enjoy the added comfort of the breezes blowing through all the piercings I have had done, it's really refreshing in the summertime heat here. I will have to admit I do regret the "Bikers Week 1972 - Been there.. Done that" tattoo I had put on my forehead, it gives my age away everytime!
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Laura!!! now you're really back!

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by marcydale454:
Hey you!! What does haram mean? And what about women with tatoos & nose piercing?

Was I being reprimanded here? if your answer is no so please watch your punctuation marks cause that's what it looks like and you don't wanna know what the original post said before the editing when I thought I was.......
As far as I know all mulsim girls have their ears peirced and unless you have a tatto that says "I do it on the first date" , having the innocent Henna tattoo is no biggie

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rimo... I liked the Unedited Hey You post.

[This message has been edited by jaguar (edited 12 April 2004).]

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
Rimo... I liked the Unedited post.

Jaguar I looked at her other post, she started a thread about an online relationship with a man who hardly knew any arabic!!!! do you think she was reprimanding? sometimes people have that rare foot in the mouth syndrome, incurable but you won't go start a fight with everybody who has it (Gosh now I'm probably starting one) or may be she was really wondering about what haram meant with misplaced punctuation marks (foot in the mouth again?)????.... .... but anyway, I'll be the diplomat here.....I'll see what she has to say....what do you think ?

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rimo.... 4th grade stuff. Not to bother.
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
Rimo.... 4th grade stuff. Not to bother.

Oh well, that was a sorry incident, his mama had to talk to mine afterwards.....I thought I was being the kid...nevermind

Oh forgot to say, I beat the **** out of him

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:

You know what? I woke up an' I still don't like the "Hey You", so listen Kid (which I know you're not, why you talk like one I have absolutely no Idea)
so next time you talk try using my name ....Easy ha R I M O ? or tell you what, Just forget it ......God......This is my last post in this thread...

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Actually I quite enjoy the added comfort of the breezes blowing through all the piercings I have had done, it's really refreshing in the summertime heat here. I will have to admit I do regret the "Bikers Week 1972 - Been there.. Done that" tattoo I had put on my forehead, it gives my age away everytime!

Brillant, wicked sense of humour

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marcydale454
Member # 3979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marcydale454     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
Was I being reprimanded here? if your answer is no so please watch your punctuation marks cause that's what it looks like and you don't wanna know what the original post said before the editing when I thought I was.......
As far as I know all mulsim girls have their ears peirced and unless you have a tatto that says "I do it on the first date" , having the innocent Henna tattoo is no biggie

Sorry Rimo no offense... I will leave this site sorry

Posts: 40 | From: Riverhead,NY ,USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
quote:
Sorry Rimo no offense... I will leave this site sorry

Hmmmm nevermind......I think I started taking the forum a little too seriously, guess I'll take a break.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com