EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » A youth community for the youngsters of maadi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A youth community for the youngsters of maadi
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone.
I'm thinking of forming a community club composed of all the young people living in the Maadi area. Since it is a cosmopolitan area, my aim is for all the different nationalities to meet together.
I've even made a website, still under construction though, but good enough at the moment. It even contains some info about me if anyone is interested. www.makingsites.com/focus683
I'm a 20 year old boy expecting to graduate from AUC this summer with a bachelor in Compuer Science.
Please to meet you all and looking forward to hearing what you think.

------------------

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jutta3
Member # 3985

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jutta3   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a absolutely great idea. These kind of getting together is the only one to prove, that people of different cultures, countries, religions can live and meet together in harmony and peace. And in fact this kind of meetings can do more for the understand of each other, than any politician can do.
Posts: 306 | From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm glad someone at least replied. I don't knoow if not many people are interested or if I just haven't given it enough time for more people to respond.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for more replies. I'm really hoping to get some support cos I strongly believe in this as a moral goal.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IF/When I get back to Egypt I would join your group. I was in Maadi but left about a week ago.
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Hisham,

It's a wonderful idea and I did look at your website!

I hope you get some attention.

Give it a day or two at least...
Best regards
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by focus683:
Well I'm glad someone at least replied. I don't knoow if not many people are interested or if I just haven't given it enough time for more people to respond.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for more replies. I'm really hoping to get some support cos I strongly believe in this as a moral goal.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello everyone.
I'm thinking of forming a community club composed of all the young people living in the Maadi area. Since it is a cosmopolitan area, my aim is for all the different nationalities to meet together.
I've even made a website, still under construction though, but good enough at the moment. It even contains some info about me if anyone is interested. www.makingsites.com/focus683
I'm a 20 year old boy expecting to graduate from AUC this summer with a bachelor in Compuer Science.

Hello H,
liked your website, i'm a maadi resident, won't exactly classify as youth but is "young at heart" ok? anyway, nice idea, what exactly do you have in mind for this community?

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
I still don't quite know.
My primary objective at the moment is that all young boys and girls (in age AND heart, you're welcome) of all different nationalities to get together and, putting it elegantly, abridge the gap between cultures, through frequent meetings.

How the meetings should take place, that's still something to decide upon. Maybe for a start we can hold potluck dinners or something. Are there any other suggestions?

If it works out well, we can start thinking of a way to extend the our activity. Right now I'm still in the phase of gaining as much interest as possible. So please try to spread the word out if you care and want to help form this club in the first place.

Waiting for your replies and comments.

------------------

focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
still waiting

------------------

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forwarded your link to the mom of a young teen (perhaps a little younger than the group you are targeting) for her to watch. You need to get it out to that sort of people or the teens themselves to see what their interest is.

Good luck.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is a very good idea, i like it actually, u can start by making meeting for your contributions to get to know eachothers then u will find ideas pouring from heads , good luck,
i am a maadi resident and i'd like to help if u need any, but as rimo told u , i am not that young, young by heart)))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello everyone.

it's really agreat idea my dearfriend and I really wish if I can a member cuz I live at maadi, but what about bad luck, I'm 27 y/o.. but I really wish you goodluck..

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Thank you Bobbos I appreciate it. I'm gonna make a group email for this club so anyone who's wants to join can send me his email and i'll add it to the group. This way communication can be maintained and when there's enough participants we can start having some actual activity. I'm thinking 10, 15 for a start is quite good.

Like I said in the website send me your information and I'll post it there. Maybe when people start seeing actual participants on the site they will give it a better thought.

Debbie, thanks for trying to help. This is what I'm trying to do at the moment, get it out to the teens. Problem is this seems to be the only possible way. Do you have any suggestion how I can increase awareness about this more rapidly?

------------------

focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
newman, you're quite welcome if u want to

------------------

kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice idea. I am a 24 year old guy from Degla and when I was younger I thought about starting something similar. But what I fear is that with the Internet the point of such a gathering is a bit moot. I guess if you want to talk to people of a different background and "bridge the gap" (good luck with that :-)) then forums are a great place. But I guess there is something special to face-to-face interaction, people are nicer then for starters, so it's a good idea.
Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
newman, you're quite welcome if u want to

thanx alot sure I wish, but tell me what I've to do?

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First you need to put your Mission Statement together in a format that will be dynamic and encourage participation.

Then why not take it around to all the highschools in the Maadi area and even beyond. You have CAC, Narmer and probably more...depending on what is your target market exactly. Actually there are probably loads of Maadi teens going to all sorts of private schools all over Cairo...,so hit all the schools. Put up posters (once you've got something to really join), and ask them if there are email lists of students you can get. (Probably the answer to this will be NO, but it's worth asking maybe) Post your posters where teens go. Get them plastered up at the MGM and over at Lucilles and anywhere else the teens hang out. Once some get involved, and if it is a good thing, word will spread like wild fire.

Can you offer them discounts on anything (music, games, movie tickets)? This would be a good way to get their attention and pull them in maybe.

Good luck.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
I'm just an indiviual here try to achieve something Debbie. Making all this publicity you're talking about is quite difficult.

All those who like the idea I've asked you to spread the word if you want to help form this club.

I've also said send me an email containing some info about yourself and preferably a picture to post it if you're interested. When number of participants posted increases maybe people will take it a bit seriously. So far I've received none!!

If I don't start receiving then I reckon that this is never going to work. It all depends on you.

If I get a reasonable amount of interest I'm hoping soon to start by having a potluck dinner at my place. I hope this might take place within two weeks or so. Anyone interested?

I'll be waiting

------------------

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you are marketing to the wrong crowd if Egypt Search is the ONLY place you are talking about this at. We are not teenagers... in general.

If you are going to consider this a failure if WE don't get you your teenagers, then that might just happen, but I think you can do better. But it will take you finding teenagers, and not just talking to a bunch of us, hoping we will find them for you.

Good luck again, and don't give up without a fight....and some actual work out there on the street looking for your target group.

Kill_and_let_die
Member # 4297

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kill_and_let_die     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey buddy.. i kinda wished to start sth like that a loooooong time ago... but i was afraid nobody was out there man... anyways... splendid idea.. really.. am interested and would like to join up with whatever u gota do.. i c u dont like computers all that much... well trust me... medicine isn't a heaven !! looking forward to hearing from ya... mohamad_altanamly@hotmail.com

smile

quote:
Hello everyone.

[This message has been edited by Kill_and_let_die (edited 14 May 2004).]

Posts: 29 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com