EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Another thread hits the dust - Attn Moderators

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another thread hits the dust - Attn Moderators
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am getting fed up with this. Please can you stop deleting whole threads. I presume the Western morals thread offended someone. Can the moderators delete (or edit) the offending post rather than the whole thread.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the best of my knowledge there was nothing offensive in this thread. I started it to put another angle on the ' wearing a veil thread' ( that has got some seriously offensive comments in it)

So yes please tell us why it was deleted and why we are being subjected to this censorship.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As above

I never even complained personally about Ahmed's abuse, so why was a non-abusive line deleted. It's the same with Akshar's original line on Egypt that disappeared too..

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
To the best of my knowledge there was nothing offensive in this thread. I started it to put another angle on the ' wearing a veil thread' ( that has got some seriously offensive comments in it)
Penny

Ah, that's what you were doing. I actually did find it somewhat offensive, but I somehow thought you were deliberately being provocative. Nothing to complain about to a moderator though.

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carleen:
Ah, that's what you were doing. I actually did find it somewhat offensive, but I somehow thought you were deliberately being provocative. Nothing to complain about to a moderator though.

Hi Carleen ... actually the question originated from my husband... having been put off his lunch by topless bathers... and then subjected to too much flesh when we were in a cafe in the evening. Some days its all a bit sickening.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could we have reply from a moderator please?

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Could we have reply from a moderator please?

Guys,remember this is Egypt,you can complain but Rulers will do whatever they wish.
How come you didn't learn that after yrs in Egypt?

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we've lost the moderators to some other bulletin boards. Since you are a member of most of the BB's around Jane, why don't you find Shumza and ask her to come back here and take a look.

I wrote to her/them and asked for something to be moved in another forum, and it never happened, so that is why I'm thinking they aren't paying much attention.

(Doesn't explain where your stuff went though, but I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for a moderators reply)

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer
Member # 1443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deb, Shumza isn't online right now, she's exhausted and overbusy. But, if there are no mods around, then who deleted the thread?
Posts: 322 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shumza
Member # 913

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shumza   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not check ES unless someone emails be with a problem. I only delete threads if I am asked to do so by the person who started the thread or if several people complain. Sometimes I edit posts only. Ahmed2004 asked me to remove all of his posts so I did. Sorry if this upsets anyone, guess you can't please all of the folks all of the time.

Deb:
Sorry I don't recall getting an email from you.

Hi Jen ::waving::

I will be offline for the next couple of months(baby due 8/14 but seems like s/he is trying to come earlier) so be kind to each other.

Posts: 360 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmen
Member # 2262

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carmen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shumza:

Hi Jen ::waving::

I will be offline for the next couple of months(baby due 8/14 but seems like s/he is trying to come earlier) so be kind to each other.

I send you all my love and prayers for you and the little baby inside, sweetie. Inshallah everything will be fine.

------------------
Visit our community for women only at: http://pub163.ezboard.com/bthenewtreehouse

Posts: 119 | From: Spain, Madrid | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
So who did delete the thread and why.

Penny the originator didn't ask for it to be deleted.

I hadn't seen any thing offensive on it. Unless Penny and I reminising about our mothers making clothes for us was offensive to someone.

It is very annoying to see threads disappear like this with no explaination. If there is a post that is offensive, then delete the post only.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com