EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » "bahab elcima" movie.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "bahab elcima" movie.
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard about a new movie that is in the theaters right now. It is called “bahab elcima” or “I love the cinema”. It is the first movie that really gets into the social life of the Egyptian Coptic family. It had been directed by a Coptic director and had been approved by a committee of 12 Coptic headed by doc. yonan labeb razek. So I still don’t understand why some Coptics in Egypt are making a big deal out of it and want it to be stopped!? I hadn’t seen the movie but if anybody saw it, tell me what he thinks about the movie and why there is some coptics want it to be stopped?!
The article is at http://www.aljazeera.net/art_culture/2004/7/7-12-2.htm

peace

[This message has been edited by BahYBasha (edited 13 July 2004).]

[This message has been edited by BahYBasha (edited 14 July 2004).]

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Copts are a little sensitive after the way the media portrayed that priest in a monestary in Upper Egypt that got caught with all those women. Copts feel that their moral chracter has been threatened by the production of such movie.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think the director is Coptic, but I am sure the script was written by one. And in any case the movie is not about Copts per se, for the most part characters are protestant not Coptic (except the husband).

I saw the film myself and I have to say it's truly good. Real good art. Funny and depressing and with some depth and very good production values for its budget.

Now about all the fuss. Egyptian media have always portrayed Copts one dimensionally: They are always good guys, always peacefull, and seem to have no problems in life (other than problems caused by Muslims which are always stressed). In a way Copts in Egyptian media are like Jews in American media: They can never ever be normal fallible characters. Few works escape this, and they never fail to raise controversy (remember awan el ward).

So whenever there is a rather normal Coptic character there is an uproar. To those people who seem to be hurt so much, I would say what I said during the gigolo priest affair: If you want to trade places with Muslims it would be our pleasure. I mean look at Egyptian media as a whole and I dare you to bring up one just one example of contemporary art in which religious Muslims were not portrayed in ways that could give FOX news a lesson or two about misrepresentation. I am not an ultraorthodox Muslim myself, but I know for sure (from real life experience) that their image in cinema and TV is far from realistic or fair. And you hardly hear an outcry from Muslims. If you watch this movie, however, much of it will strike you as true. I have many Coptic friends and I lived very closely to them so I can say that the image in the movie is strikingly, almost humorously realistic.

So to those who are offended by the movie: tough luck.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's your opinion on the El Kosheh incident in Upper Egypt? Even though the incident is many years old,I hear constaly on how unfair the decision of the jury was in the case. Many American Copts use this incident to prove open discrimination exist.

Personally,I tell people Kosheh was a Upper Egyptian thing meaning it was a 'tar' that went bad. The police are known in Upper Egypt to abuse the rural Egyptians with no reason. These people include both Christains and Muslims who usually live very close in villages. Since Kosheh another incident happen in Suhaj that never was reported save for some Newspaper in Australia.

Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
What's your opinion on the El Kosheh incident in Upper Egypt? Even though the incident is many years old,I hear constaly on how unfair the decision of the jury was in the case. Many American Copts use this incident to prove open discrimination exist.

Personally,I tell people Kosheh was a Upper Egyptian thing meaning it was a 'tar' that went bad. The police are known in Upper Egypt to abuse the rural Egyptians with no reason. These people include both Christains and Muslims who usually live very close in villages. Since Kosheh another incident happen in Suhaj that never was reported save for some Newspaper in Australia.

Well Ausar, you're probably right. You have tar cases in upper Egypt that involve Muslims-Muslims and Christians-Christians all the time and the perpetrators usually walk if they are caught in the first place. If it were not for the fact that I don't believe in Christianity (let alone the Coptic brand of it) I would have loved to be a lower Egypt Copt. If I don't do well at school I would get free tutouring in church. If I want a loan I run to the church or USAID who would give me all I want in a second. If I want a job, Orascom and co would offer me one as soon as I graduate. And if I am bored I cry discrimination and immigrate to America. Plus I can get newspapers closed and films banned. Sorry this is a bit over the board and I don't totally believe in most of it, but that's how I feel sometimes

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimo,you do realize there are villages in Upper Egypt where Copts and Muslims get along fine. Things might have changed a little since Sheikh Omar Rahman recommended that Copts in Upper Egypt be targeted. However,Fellahin Copts and Muslims get along just fine without any disrepect. Infact,both Muslims and Coptic local saints are comemorated in local mouleds. You really should visit these villages to see a side that many Coptic expats unfortunatley don't tell their right-wing American compatriots.

Don't know much about the situlation in Lower Egypt except I know Copts that live in balady and Shaabi neighboorhoods right along side fellow Muslims. Besides a little incident in Imbaba,there has not been too much static with them.

I have heard that U.S. Catholic and Christain organizations contribute lots of money to lower class Copts. Don't know really how much this helps since more Copts in Upper Egypt are as poor as the Muslims.

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kimo,you do realize there are villages in Upper Egypt where Copts and Muslims get along fine. Things might have changed a little since Sheikh Omar Rahman recommended that Copts in Upper Egypt be targeted. However,Fellahin Copts and Muslims get along just fine without any disrepect. Infact,both Muslims and Coptic local saints are comemorated in local mouleds. You really should visit these villages to see a side that many Coptic expats unfortunatley don't tell their right-wing American compatriots.

Don't know much about the situlation in Lower Egypt except I know Copts that live in balady and Shaabi neighboorhoods right along side fellow Muslims. Besides a little incident in Imbaba,there has not been too much static with them.

I have heard that U.S. Catholic and Christain organizations contribute lots of money to poor Copts. Don't know really how much this helps since more Copts in Upper Egypt are as poor as the Muslims.

BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by BahYBasha (edited 01 August 2004).]

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
As kimo said. Also in the Egyptian cinema is loaded with attacks on Islam and i wonder why nobody scream about it? Obviously, because he will be an extremist and will straight away tortured in jails.
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BahYBasha:
[B]I heard about a new movie that is in the theaters right now. It is called “bahab elcima” or “I love the cinema”. It is the first movie that really gets into the social life of the Egyptian Coptic family. It had been directed by a Coptic director and had been approved by a committee of 12 Coptic headed by doc. yonan labeb razek. So I still don’t understand why some Coptics in Egypt are making a big deal out of it and want it to be stopped!? I hadn’t seen the movie but if anybody saw it, tell me what he thinks about the movie and why there is some coptics want it to be stopped?!
The article is at http://www.aljazeera.net/art_culture/2004/7/7-12-2.htm

peace

ليلى علوي لـ «الرأي العام»: فكرت في الاعتزال بسبب «بحب السيما»

القاهرة - من إيمان حامد: تعيش الفنانة ليلى علوي حالا من التألق الفني في أعقاب النجاح الكبير الذي حققه فيلماها الأخيران: «حب البنات» و«بحب السيما» الذي يعرض حاليا وسط حال من الجدل والعواصف التي تحيط بالفيلم، الذي يتهمه عدد من الأقباط بالإساءة للكنيسة والديانة المسيحية، وبدأت ليلى علوي تصوير مسلسلها التلفزيوني الجديد «بنت من شبرا» الذي تخوض به المنافسة الرمضانية للعام الثاني على التوالي بعد نجاح مسلسلها الأخير «تعالى نحلم ببكرة» في رمضان الماضي, وفي هذا الحوار الذي أجرته معها «الرأي العام» تتحدث ليلى عن تجربة «بحب السيما»، والعواصف التي أثارها الفيلم، كما تتحدث عن دورها في مسلسل «بنت من شبرا»، وتؤكد أنها تخلت عن منهجها في الوجود التلفزيوني مرة واحدة كل ثلاثة أعوام، بسبب ارتباطها بالتعاقد على مسلسل «بنت من شبرا» منذ العام الماضي وتقول: إنها فكرت للمرة الأولى في حياتها في الاعتزال وتصفية نشاطها الفني بسبب الأزمة التي يواجهها فيلمها «بحب السيما» حاليا والظلم الذي تعرض ويتعرض له الفيلم.
هل كنت تتوقعين كل هذا النجاح الذي حققه الفيلم؟.
- من اللحظة الأولى التي قرأت فيها السيناريو أحببته جدا، بل شعرت بأنه «تحفة فنية» وحال مختلفة وجديدة على السينما، والأهم من كل ذلك أنه صادق ويحقق الدور الأساسي للفن والثقافة والإعلام، وهو توجيه الناس ودفعهم لمواجهة مشكلاتهم بصراحة وبعد عرض الفيلم أحسست بأن نظرتي كانت في محلها وأنني فخورة جدا بمشاركتي فيه.
أين شخصية «نعمات» من ليلى علوي الحقيقية؟.
- هذه الشخصية ليست مثلي على الإطلاق، وأنا ضد هذه النوعية من الشخصيات، وعلى الرغم من هذا فقد تعاطفت معها جدا، إلى درجة أن حالة الاكتئاب المزمنة التي كانت تعيشها انتقلت لي أثناء التصوير، وعموما لم تكن هذه الشخصية نشازا وسط كل شخصيات الفيلم المقهورة باستثناء الأخت منة شلبي التي طلبت الطلاق من زوجها بعد اكتشافها كذبه عليها للمرة «المليون» وقالت: سوف أعيش طول عمري حرة وأيضا الطفل الذي يصر على ممارسة حريته، على الرغم من كل الضغوط المحيطة به.
ما رأيكِ في الضجة التي يثيرها الفيلم حاليا واعتراض بعض الجهات المسيحية عليه؟
ــ أولا الفيلم ليس مصنوعا لفترة زمنية محدة أو لفئة معينة من البشر، فهو أعمق من هذا بكثير ويمكن توجيهه لأي إنسان في العالم ولأي ملة تشعر بالقهر وليس لديها الإيجابيات المفروض وجودها لصالح الإنسان المتدين المؤمن، ونحن إذا أردنا تغيير اسم البطل من عدلي إلى محمد «ح ينفع جدا» ولو وضعنا اسما يهوديا «ح ينفع برضه»، وإذا دارت الأحداث في أي بلد غير مصر فسوف يقبلها.
إن الفيلم يؤكد أن التطرف موجود في مختلف الطوائف الدينية، وأن الخوف كبلنا و«شل حركتنا».
الفيلم يربط الحرية بالفن، فهل هناك ما يبرره؟
ــ طبعا، فالفن يواجه حربا ضارية في السنوات الأخيرة، وهناك أكثر من جهة تقول: إنه حرام بل ويريدون محو مئة سنة من السينما كصناعة وفن وإبداع والفيلم من خلال الشخصيات الثلاث يرد على هذا، وأعتقد أن الرسالة الأساسية هنا كانت أن البلد الذي لا يوجد فيه فن هو بلد متخلف.
تردد أنك أوشكتِ على الاعتزال بسبب الفيلم؟
- طبعا لا أخفي أنني كنت متوترة وقلقة وغير مستوعبة لما يحدث ولا أنكر انه تسلل إليّ احساس بأنه «مفيش فايدة», وفي لحظة إحباط قلت إنه لا مفر أمامي سوى إنهاء ارتباطاتي الفنية وبعدها سأتوقف عن التمثيل نهائيا.
هذه هي المرة الأولى التي تقفز إلى ذهنك فكرة الاعتزال، فهل كنت خائفة؟
- لم أكن خائفة بل كنت على ثقة كبيرة من أنه لو تم عرضه على جهات دينية فأنا أثق أن رجال الدين الأقباط على قدر عال من الثقافة والتنوير واحترام الرأي الآخر، وهناك لجنة عليا من الرقابة أجازت السيناريو الذي تم تنفيذه بالحرف في الفيلم وكان معنا رقيبة تتابع التصوير يوميا، لأن تحميض الفيلم كان سيتم في الخارج ولابد في حالة سفر النيجاتيف أن يحضر أحد الرقباء التصوير وقد كان وبعد ذلك كله لابد أن يكون فيه ثقة واحترام للمبدع.
لكن الإبداع هو الذي انتصر بالإجماع في الفيلم؟
- نعم، وأنا أحيي اللجنة العليا التي أجازت الفيلم برئاسة الدكتور جابر عصفور والرقابة ووزير الثقافة فاروق حسني، فالفيلم يرصد حالة في المجتمع وليس المقصود به أي ملة أو ديانة، بل هو فيلم إنساني وواقعي ولابد أن يسانده الجميع.
يبدو أن سوء الحظ كان مقدرا للفيلم منذ البداية، فقد ظل في العلب فترة طويلة؟
- الفيلم ظل في العلب ثلاث سنوات ونصف السنة وخلال هذه الفترة صورت أفلاما بعده وعرضت، وكنت أشعر بالضيق، وأنتظر عرضه بشغف وأعتقد أن سبب تعطله ظروف انتاجية والبعض نقل للشركة المنتجة مخاوف من الفيلم، وهذا شيء كنت أندهش له، وهي في النهاية ظروف أو نصيب، مش عارفة، لكني رأيت الفرحة بالفيلم في عيون منتجته إسعاد يونس، فقد كانت سعيدة وفخورة بي وهذا هو المهم الآن.
تعودين لشبرا من جديد من خلال مسلسل «بنت من شبرا»، فما الذي استهواك في هذا العمل؟
- استهواني فيه الرواية التي كتبها الأديب فتحي غانم والسيناريو الذي كتبه بإتقان مصطفى إبراهيم والرسائل الكثيرة المهمة التي يحملها المسلسل، بالإضافة إلى أن أحداثه سريعة ومتلاحقة وإيقاعه سريع، وهو يتناول الفترة من العام 1938 إلى العام 1984 من القرن الماضي ويقدم صورة مختلفة للدراما، وأتمنى أن يظهر بالصورة المشرفة التي أتمناها وأتوقع من مخرجه جمال عبد الحميد أن يقدم عملا متميزا.
مسلسلك المقبل يتردد أنه يدور حول فتاة مسيحية أيضا؟
- «بنت من شبرا» ليس عن المسيحيين وحياتهم في مصر وإنما هو عن مذكرات شابة تعيش في حي شبرا، من خلال مذكراتها تستعرض تاريخ مصر منذ العام 1938 حتى العام 1984 - كما ذكرت.
لماذا تخليت عن عادتك في تقديم عمل واحد للتلفزيون كل ثلاث سنوات؟
- أنا بالفعل تعودت على أن أقدم عملا واحدا كل ثلاث سنوات للتلفزيون، ولكن هذا العام حالة استثنائية، حيث قدمت العام الماضي مسلسل «تعالى نحلم ببكرة» ولرمضان المقبل «بنت من شبرا» وذلك لأنني كنت مرتبطة بهذا العمل من قبل ولكنه تأجل لظروف انتاجية، وحين انتهت الظروف كان لابد من تقديم العمل الذي أقدم خلاله للجمهور شخصية جديدة تحمل رسالة تهم المجتمع كله.
تكثيف وجودك التلفزيوني، هل بسبب سيطرة النجوم الشباب على السينما؟
- بالتأكيد لا، وأكبر دليل هو وجود فيلمين في دور العرض لي: «حب البنات» و«بحب السينما»، ولكن لا أحد ينكر أن السينما تمر بمرحلة انتقالية في العالم كله لكنني متفائلة بالأيام السينمائية المقبلة, وأن السينما فن وصناعة وتجارة وللجمهور حرية الاختيار، والفنان يتمنى أن يقدم مشكلات مجتمعه ويشارك فيها، وعن نفسي أتمنى أن أتحدث من خلال السينما عن قضيتي فلسطين والعراق لكن لا توجد النصوص ولا جهات الإنتاج التي تتحمس.

رئيس الرقابة أمام النيابة اليوم بسبب «بحب السيما»

يمثُل ظهر اليوم رئيس جهاز الرقابة على المصنفات الفنية الدكتور مدكور ثابت أمام نيابة القاهرة لسماع أقواله في قضية الفيلم السينمائي «بحب السيما» الذي وجه إليه عدد من رجال الدين المسيحي اتهامات بالإساءة إلى الديانة المسيحية والكنيسة، وأكد رئيس الرقابة في تصريحات خاصة لـ «الرأي العام» أنه سيبني دفاعه عن قرار الرقابة بالتصريح بعرض الفيلم أمام النيابة على توجيه السؤال: ماذا كان موقف المدّعين الذين يطالبون بمنعح عرض الفيلم لو منعت الرقابة عرضه، ألم يكونوا سيلجأون لمقاضاة الرقابة لمنعها فيلما يتعرض للمرة الأولى لحياة الأقباط، وقال ثابت: إن هذه هي المرة الخامسة التي يمثل فيها أمام سلطات تحقيق خلال فترة توليه مسؤولية الرقابة حيث تعرض للمساءلة بسبب أفلام «سوق المتعة» للفنان محمود عبد العزيز و«مذكرات مراهقة» للمخرجة إيناس الدغيدي و«محامي خلع» للفنان هاني رمزي، إضافة إلى أفيش فيلم «علشان ربنا يحبك» للمخرج رأفت الميهي.
على صعيد متصل، أعلن مخرج الفيلم أسامة فوزي، أنه تلقى اتصالات وعقد اجتماعات مع عدد كبير من مسؤولي جمعيات الدفاع عن حقوق الإنسان المصرية والعالمية، وقال: إنه التقى أخيرا مع ممثلي 15 جمعية أبدوا تضامنهم مع الفيلم وحماسهم للدفاع عنه، وأكد أنه لم يتلق حتى الآن، هو أو أي من أسرة الفيلم، طلبات بالمثول أمام أية جهات تحقيق ولم تطلب النيابة العامة استدعاءهم.

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 19 July 2004).]

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey mookoo wt does that say??
Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cappa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well personally i haven't seen the movie.. but i c'd tell u that the problem with it and why so many ppl are sensitive abt it is simple..
its about a feeling of acceptance, its one of the 5 essential human needs. the more negatively the copts are portrayed the less liked they are..and i suppose the thought of being even less liked is unbearable.
if someone feels attacked they naturally go on the offensive..copts most of the time are overlooked,they get treated like second class citizens that don't belong in their own country..and its a fact that they are a minority, less than 10%of the population..and since they are in fact a minority there is no doubt that there discrimination exists...simply because your muslim brother or sister come first..

being portrayed in a negative light just reminds the copts of the opression they live..muslims get offended all the time when they get portrayed as terrorists....
for the most part i think muslims and copts try to be civil towards each other but those few instances when tempers flair- as in elkosheh incident- the copts are outnumbered and therefore left for dead..

Posts: 135 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cappa:
hey mookoo wt does that say??

It says Laila Elwy was about to quit acting because of this movie.

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cappa
Member # 4926

Rate Member
DOES IT SAY WHY???

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com