EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » STD

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STD
brgirl
Member # 5456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I am new here. I am not happy right now. I know you won't be able to answer my questions absolutely, but I am in the "inquiry" stage and hope I can be "enlightened."

I am in the States. My husband of 2 years, with whom I share (I thought) a monogomous relationship, went to Egypt for a month's vacation. He is Egyptian and visited his family. We talked almost daily and he reported mundance type of activities -- visiting relatives, eating, hanging out with friends. I know men (and he does to) hang out with groups of other men in Egypt. I never his friends or suspected them to be any more than just good guys with families who just want to see each other to shoot the breeze, smoke, joke, talk politics and drink tea.

He has been back for about 1 month now. Today I was diagnosed with having trichonomas, a common STD. It affects women more then men (even though men are the carriers). I think it has to do with the ph balance in the woman's "area." Anyway, I am filled with questions.

Can anyone enlighten me on what is the life of Egyptian men in Egypt? I know that is a broad question. I guess though he and God only know what really happened in Egypt. But I want to get a grip of what might have happened. Of course he is denying anything did.

I mean there are things that can be said in terms of what is likely and what is not likely based on the typical life there.

What can you tell me?

Thanks for listening (reading) and responding.

BRgirl

Posts: 9 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brgirl, what a "unique" and "strange" topic here on ES.

Well, I checked the internet and found out that women and men usually get infected with "trichonomas" during sexual intercourse. But there is also a slightly possilbility that people get infected at poorly maintained pools, on toilet seats, through dirty towels etc.

The doctor already prescribed medication for you? It is important and neccessary that your husband gets also immediately checked and - even if he comes out "negative" - gets treated for it. Men usally don't show the symptoms, women do.

Brgirl, you need to trust your husband. I am not able to tell you if something happened in Egypt or not. If he's a man with values and he loves you - and thats why you are married him - then you need to trust him.

Good luck for you both and have a speedy recovery.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 25 September 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com