EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » i need info

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i need info
fifi
Member # 6152

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fifi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everybody
im an israeli (jewish) and im married to an egyptian (muslim) and we have 3 years old son.
we live now in america,.
im thinking to come and stay in egypt for a period of time , but i dont know how the people will accept it?. or the goverment ?, i called the embassy but i never get direct answer its always seems that they are saspicious about that does anybody know any israeli in egypt with the same situation ?.
thanks

Posts: 2 | From: ca | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have traveled to egypt many times and one of them we met up with an israle guy and traveled around with him we did not have any problems but people looked at him a bit funny and at the time we did not know what was being said but there was no apparent problems if you have a american passport you just say that your an american this always helps but i dont think that you,ll have any problems the egyptians are very welcoming and understanding people
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aussiemat
Member # 6132

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for aussiemat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have traveled to egypt many times and one of them we met up with an israle guy and traveled around with him we did not have any problems but people looked at him a bit funny and at the time we did not know what was being said but there was no apparent problems if you have a american passport you just say that your an american this always helps but i dont think that you,ll have any problems the egyptians are very welcoming and understanding people
Posts: 70 | From: australia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends. I know a couple like you living in Sinai, and they have no problem at all. I also know some Jewish families in Cairo that have no complaints. But there were three Israeli families living in my street in Cairo, they worked for the Israeli embassy, they were paranoiac, they had bodyguards around all the time, and I am pretty sure they carried guns. EVERYONE HATED THEM, even their driver, and when the clashes began again with the Palestinians people were visibly even more pissed off, so much so that they had to take a one month vacation to Israel and everyone thought good riddance. So the answer is if you are "visibly" Israeli people will not react well. Otherwise if you are just an American Jew like the ones that pepper Maadi, then no problem.

You may, however, have big problems with his family. They have to be extra super duper cool to take it well, it's possible but unlikely I am sorry to say.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com