EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Has Egypt change and what most do you hate & love ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Has Egypt change and what most do you hate & love ?
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came to Egypt simply on holiday some 15 years ago and although it was a culture shock, I found it to be an experience which took over my soul and which became like a drug in my system. Working in the Travel Industry I had travelled many a country but in Egypt I found the people, the culture, the history far beyond anything that I had encountered. I would like to ask the forum do they think that Egypt has developed/ changed in the last 15 years and how and why they came to love or even hate this great land.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TDP
Member # 5440

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TDP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only been coming for 10 years,but you are right its like a drug. Each time I come home I am on the internet looking for my next flight! I love the people they are so friendly and sweet,yes some of them hassle you but after a few visits you learn to just ignore it(do the man thing'selective hearing!')The history well I think as long as I live I will never get to see everything there is so much and although i do visit the same places(my favourite temples etc.) I still learn something different every time. The thing I don't like is the treatment of the animals,especially donkeys. I have witnessed some beatings and it makes me cry. I can go on forever I love the place!.x
Posts: 260 | From: uk | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like T i've been going over to egypt for over 10 years and its a place that brings you back time after time. Love the heat and the people as so friendly but when they get to know your face then no more hassle from mosquitoes (two legged kind) Have some great memories from camel riding in aswan, horse riding on the west bank to cruising on the nile two year in a row and still keeping in contact with a rep we met all those years ago. Going to cairo seeing the great wonder of the world.
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Egypt is like a drug that you can't shake off. I'd like to think I'm pretty well-travelled and Egypt is always at the top of my list of favourite places.

Unlike many people I guess, I'm addicted to Cairo. I love the bustle, the people's wicked sense of humour, the layers and layers of history (and dust) that give all those amazing Mameluke and French Empire buildings a melancholy nostalgic character.

What I don't find particularly appealing is the increasing frustration of many of my friends who are university-educated but whose talents and skills are vastly undervalued by the system. You know, the typical story of qualified psychologists driving taxis, accountants working in restaurants, engineers in hotels.

Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com