EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tonight
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight is the night,
Tonight, the moon is bright,
Tonight my star is shining,
Tonight, I'll walk my path.

Tomorrow, the sun will rise,
Tomorrow, shall be no clouds.
Tomorrow, tomorrow.
Tomorrow.

Tonight I see my friends and loved ones.
Tonight I tell them all goodbye,
The battle will be glorious,
The cause will be just,
I will be fearless.
They will see my might.
The fight will be fears full,
And the war is just right.
My land long have dried out,
Tomorrow, she'll have my blood,

Don’t wait for me my baby,
Tomorrow I won’t come back.
Don’t cry for me my baby,
Don’t cry for you or anyone.

My body wills rut, my blood with shed,
My sole will live for eternity,
My land will be cleansed,
At last, I will be free.

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptniCAl
Member # 6651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptniCAl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's Gone

Everybody's high on consolation

Everybody's trying to tell me what's right for me

My daddy tried to bore me with a sermon

but it's plain to see that they can't comfort me

Sorry Charlie for the imposition

I think I've got it, got the strength to carry on

I need a drink and a quick decision

Now it's up to me, ooh what will be

Chorus:

She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd

better learn how to face it

She's Gone Oh I, Oh I'd

pay the devil to replace her

She's Gone - what went wrong

Up in the morning look in the mirror

I'm worn as her tooth brush hanging in the stand

my face ain't looking any younger

now I can see love's taken her toll on me

She's Gone

Think I'll spend eternity in the city

let the carbon and monoxide choke my thoughts away

and pretty bodies help dissolve the memories

but they can never be what she was to me

She's Gone

Posts: 20 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take my hand
You'll never find another quite like mine
If you look
You'll see that I'm a lonely one

I lost my soul deep inside
Oh, and it's so black and cold
Deep inside

Sistine smile
You'll never know the trap it's set
And if you did
You'd never look into its eyes again

Deep inside

Yea, the sun don't shine
The wind won't blow
When you go hide
Yea, without your love
I'm lonely deep inside

You'll never find another quite like it
And if you do
You'll see that I'm a lonely one

Deep inside

Yea, the sun don't shine
The wind won't blow
When you go hide
Yea, without your love
I'm lonely deep inside

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats this?? a forum for old song lyrics???

Ok.... Leap up and down, wave your knickers in the air!!
or-
Doo wa diddy diddy dum diddy doo!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delete

[This message has been edited by sonomod (edited 16 February 2005).]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Whats this?? a forum for old song lyrics???

Ok.... Leap up and down, wave your knickers in the air!!
or-
Doo wa diddy diddy dum diddy doo!!!!

now these 2 i do remember

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything is lost
And the town is full of ghosts
When you lookout for something
When you lookout for anything
Bats in the groves are your only hosts
And when you lookout for someone
Anyone. !!
You find that man with a harmless voice
He says Wiley Nelly you've got no choice
I've sold your sole with lowest price

Hanging ropes.
Nation's hopes
Falling down
With a dirty clown
He's a "YES man" clown

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
now these 2 i do remember

Ayisha,
you cannpt possibly remember those 2, specially if you have never seen them or read them before, or anyone else.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ayisha:
[b] now these 2 i do remember

Ayisha,
you cannpt possibly remember those 2, specially if you have never seen them or read them before, or anyone else.

[/B][/QUOTE]

welsafty i mean i remember the 2 songs 'leap up and down wave your knickers in the air' and 'do wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo'

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
welsafty i mean i remember the 2 songs 'leap up and down wave your knickers in the air' and 'do wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo'

Oaah, !!1 those 2 the "DIPPY Dee doo" and the leap up and down" areactually old songs< I never hearedthem before

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
Oaah, !!1 those 2 the "DIPPY Dee doo" and the leap up and down" areactually old songs< I never hearedthem before

Brit stuff welsafty around the early 70's i think been driving me nuts since trying to remember who sang them

Pollina
Member # 6404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pollina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manfred Mann and St. Cecilia :-)
Posts: 182 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
oh thanks pollina i remember Manfred Mann but not the other one, that rings no bells but then it was a long time ago
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is Manfred?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pollina
Member # 6404

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pollina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the name you get from google when you enter "doo wah diddy..."
Posts: 182 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Manfred Mann was a South African singer.. his band was called Manfred Mann too... their first big hit was 5 4 3 2 1, which became the theme song for Ready steady Go, Britain's first 'must watch' teenage show circa 1964.
maybe I'm giving my age away here, but it was on Fridays at 6... I wasn't allowed to watch it until I'd done all my homework!! There was a competition on it once, and I won, with another person... the prize was to go on the show and meet the Beatles (MY HEROES!!!)
I was devastated to find you had to be over 16 to go... I was 11 and very small.. no way could I pass for 16..I cried my heart out for weeks!!! I think I've got over it now!!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 16 February 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't delete, I like to read these.
It's a refreshing break from the
team of verbal abusers.
Take care.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
i didnt know he was south african but i do remember 5 4 3 2 1 and Ready Steady Go..
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Giving your age away too,Ayisha!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com