EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptians vs Gulf Arabs!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians vs Gulf Arabs!
Hunted_Porcelain
Member # 7361

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Hunted_Porcelain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi People!
Even though, people in Egypt welcome everyone around. In order to develop tourism & raise money. But it's obvious that Egyptian are not big fans for Gulf Arabs? Specailly the Saudi nationalities.
And I've heard this story a lot! I've been asked one day in Cairo in Dream Park whether if I came from Gulf or not. When I told the cashier that I'm not. He said "Ahsn" & he tried to smile to my face then. I've also noticed the reply of Sonomod in the topic of "Bomb in Cairo".
He said that Gulf people represent 75 per cent of prostitution in Egypt, But I believe that you're living in US, so do you mean Egypt or US? & are u sure?
Anyway, is that why Egyptians hate them? Or is it becoz of other things?
lol bad thing that some people think I'm Kuwaiti! :'(

Posts: 116 | From: Cairo - Maadi | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know Gulf Arabs coming every summer over to Egypt to enjoy themselves in every form of aspect. They do things what they are not allowed in their own countries. Also they look down on Egyptians and treat them like servants.

But these people not only coming to Egypt. They are also coming massive to Germany for entertainment, medical care etc. Grant it, you will always make very good business with them no matter what.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hunted_Porcelain:
Hi People!
Even though, people in Egypt welcome everyone around. In order to develop tourism & raise money. But it's obvious that Egyptian are not big fans for Gulf Arabs? Specailly the Saudi nationalities.
And I've heard this story a lot! I've been asked one day in Cairo in Dream Park whether if I came from Gulf or not. When I told the cashier that I'm not. He said "Ahsn" & he tried to smile to my face then. I've also noticed the reply of Sonomod in the topic of "Bomb in Cairo".
He said that Gulf people represent 75 per cent of prostitution in Egypt, But I believe that you're living in US, so do you mean Egypt or US? & are u sure?
Anyway, is that why Egyptians hate them? Or is it becoz of other things?
lol bad thing that some people think I'm Kuwaiti! :'(

Right now I am in the USA, but have been a few times into Egypt and have seen Cairo several times. And yes I do mean that Gulf Arabs make up a vast majority of prostitution in Egypt.

Many Egyptians like my father-in-law were expats who worked in Saudi Arabia for decades. Egyptians built up the country because they were college educated and hard working, which Saudi's aren't. I know American expats who have taught men's college in KSA and not many students do school work beyound a 'D' but will always come one with 'B' and 'A's. Saudi's have treated their fellow Muslim expats like dogs.

Somehow its perfectly okay for Saudi men to indulge in prostitution services but not westerners. And any expat knows of the humongous red light district in Dubai.

What I can't understand is how tolerant Egyptians are of this. I have spoken to my hubby about this phenonmenom and he won't even hear of it. Only westerners do bad things, not Saudi's or Gulf Arabs. Its like they are submersive and dependant on these people because of their wealth.

I didn't like how in Alex or Cairo during the summer months tourist police or tourism employees think I am some sort of forth wife bimbo. Strangely enough when I give a fierce dirty look to a Gulf Arab he shows shame and an Egyptian man doesn't?

Anyhow, if western tourists are going to be demonized and targeted why not Gulf Arabs? Racial or religious superoirity?

That could be it.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any way around it, I have had classmates from Qatar and Bahrain. Both dudes were wonderful people, and very surprised at how good American was. Neither is looking forward to graduating and going back home.
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, I have to agree with Queen Sono.at least in some points she made.

Did you know that untill 1962 and the free Egyptian schools were all over the Arab world including Kuwait, Saudi, Yeman, Lybia and Sudan.
Egyptian education was free to all Arabs either in Egypt or in their countries- Fair enough this was Nasser, and they were poor.

The Zait was discovered in the 40's but it was not there for the people who mainly depended on our Ka3ba covering and the Dha7ia moslims offer during 7aj.

People did wake up finally mid 60's, and the wealth started to show. The first thing our Arab brothers did with particular reference to the Kuwaities is to rid of the Egyptians or treat them ( still at it ) like dogs( Sono's expression ).

Still the stories of Ahram street ringing into my ears nice and fresh.
When European fun was discovered and accessable London won over all. Edgeware road in London was a magnet for all seekers.

Wealth, if one did not work hard to gain, is a sickness that kills human being as they turn into ungratful creature ( I can not say animals, as animals are very noble and gratful, and they show it ).

I still remember my father's story of one of his colleagues who worked as a teacher in Kuwait early 70's. That colleague was hit by a kuwuiti who simply got out of his car, and threw 300 dinars on the dead body and then drove off.

The Egyptian embassy staff were furious but orders came from above to put a lid on it and bring the poor dead teacher to his family.

Still, even now, Egyptians are treated very badly by Arabs but in particular the Kuwaities..

Only a few days ago there was the Coach accident of Egyptians on their way to Kuwait to educate these Kuwaities on the cheap who were killed in Kuwait.
The coach is owned by a Kuwaiti man who refused to pay a penny either to compensate those who left their poor families behind or even to send them home DEAD.

As always, the Egyptian embassy turned upside down angerily, but the same old story . Poor Egyptians who have to pay for the return of their people.

I found Gulf Arabs to judge people according to their colour and their countries not according to their abilities, skills or qualifications.

A highly qualified and talented Egyptian American professor who won a contract in Kuwait just recently.
Going elswhere to work, he had to resign his job in thev States. For him, it was a unique and wonderful experience to work in an Arab country and proudly would be showing off his American wife and children our Arab culture.

Agreed to sign the contract once he is there not before did not make him wonder if anything may go wrong? He got the advertisement in his hands that states very clearly the salary and fringe benefits that the holder of this position should get.

There, in Kuwait, standing before his master the Kuwaiti explaining that they have decided to reduce his expected salary before signing the contract..! unbelieving, he asked why?
We were looking for an American not Egyptian, this salary will make you a king in Egypt !

Having rented his house there in the States, resigned his position at the University and arranging new schools for his kids did not stop him from rejecting his Kuwaiti contract and return back to the States !

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com