EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Gyms in Zamalek

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gyms in Zamalek
jngah
Member # 8244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jngah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone kindly recommend a Zamalek gym that's NOT in a fancy hotel and costs an arm-and-a-leg to use? Thanks.
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's your budget?

The fitness and dance academy seem to be very good but they are expensive.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jngah
Member # 8244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jngah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks dalia. it's close enough that i'll just walk over and check it out. can't believe i couldn't find out about it in some more obvious fashion!
Posts: 20 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jngah
Member # 8244

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jngah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yikes - FDA charges 600LE/month. that's certainly more than i was willing to pay so it's back to the drawing board. once again, if anyone knows of anything (I'm willing to pay 200-250LE), pls lmk. TX!
Development
Member # 8484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Development     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jngah:
yikes - FDA charges 600LE/month. that's certainly more than i was willing to pay so it's back to the drawing board. once again, if anyone knows of anything (I'm willing to pay 200-250LE), pls lmk. TX!

yeah, it is so expansive in zamelek, sure only diplomatic people are there. I don't remember the name, but I heard there is a good one in 6 Omar street, in Mohandessen. Around 250EGP/month.

By the way, I am looking for a swiming pool too. Cheap of course, I am not the kind of person whom pay 100USD/month!!

See ya!

ps: I am looking for a room too in zamalek, by any chance...

Posts: 19 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Development
Member # 8484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Development     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Last thinking:
I remember in the Hotel...the one in front of the buses in tahrir, the Ramses Hilton i think.
On the sixth floor if my memory is good, there is a small fitness room, you may have a card for 10 times, for 200EGP!
It mean you may go there when you want 10 times, for 200EGP.
I didn't took it because the room is so small, but i advice you to take a look.

See ya!

Posts: 19 | From: Belgium | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
yikes - FDA charges 600LE/month. that's certainly more than i was willing to pay

Oops! That's very expensive indeed! The last time I asked they were charging about half this price ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Development
Member # 8484

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jngah:
[b]yikes - FDA charges 600LE/month. that's certainly more than i was willing to pay

Oops! That's very expensive indeed! The last time I asked they were charging about half this price ...

[/B][/QUOTE]

Dalia, don't forget, where ever you go, what ever you do, there is always a "local" price, and a "Aganeb" (foreigner) price who is around 5 times the local price...It mean you are a an autochthonous I guess.

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Development:

Dalia, don't forget, where ever you go, what ever you do, there is always a "local" price, and a "Aganeb" (foreigner) price who is around 5 times the local price...It mean you are a an autochthonous I guess.

I'm a foreigner, too, and I don't think they follow this policy at the F&DA.
But I do know that they change prices frequently. When I first inquired (shortly after they opened) it was about 4000 LE a year, then they lowered the prices, then they offered special discounts for couples and so on. So it might be worth inquiring once in a while.

Does it have to be Zamalek, btw? There are a few good gyms just across the bridge in Mohandesseen ...

Development
Member # 8484

Rate Member
By talking sports, I wanna practise swiming, do anybody know a good (and cheap) swiming pool?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com