EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » QUESTION for EGYPTIANS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: QUESTION for EGYPTIANS
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for Egyptians or anyone living IN Egypt.

How much could I expect to pay for a DECENT DVD player in Egypt? I'm not 100% sure I will get one, but I'm thinking about it. Can anyone give me some ballpark figures?
Thanks [Smile]

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why do not you take one from here..there are some arabic stores where you can find electronics that work on overseas systems.

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noor, have a look at this website:
http://www.radioshackegypt.com/

You'll be able to get cheaper Chinese machines like Penasonic and Toshaba (sic) in some of the markets. There's a street in Cairo that specializes in all things electronic, Abd El-Aziz street, where you can get knock-down prices.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought about taking mine, but wallahi, I hardly have enough bags to fit all of my clothes! And you think I could leave without all my books?? they're taking up so much room I'm really stressing over what to take and what to leave. [Mad]
Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this thread was for that guy with the topless swimming fetish. [Eek!]

[B][/B]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:

[B][/B]

He must be obviously happy and fulfilled because he stopped bugging us. [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
I thought about taking mine, but wallahi, I hardly have enough bags to fit all of my clothes! And you think I could leave without all my books?? they're taking up so much room I'm really stressing over what to take and what to leave. [Mad]

Oh, Noor, I just saw this reply of yours here right now and I already openend up a new topic of what you should definitely bring along.

Don't bring too many clothes (make sure warm ones now as the weather gets colder) and forget about books, maybe language books. There are some pretty good bookstores located inside Cairo.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maqam
Member # 9022

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maqam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And you think I could leave without all my books?? they're taking up so much room I'm really stressing over what to take and what to leave. [Mad]

[Smile] ...I've got 2 months to go before my move to Egypt and I'm already stressed about my books! They are SO heavy and I've got a 50lbs weight limit for a family of four! Hope Amazon delivers in Cairo...
Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by maqam:
[QUOTE]...I've got 2 months to go before my move to Egypt and I'm already stressed about my books! They are SO heavy and I've got a 50lbs weight limit for a family of four! Hope Amazon delivers in Cairo...

Why only 50 pds.? Usually anyone who is over 2 years old and purchase a ticket has about this weight limit available. Airlines also don't mind to transport a buggy or whatever for an infant without costs involved.

I am not so sure about Amazon. My husband had an own postbox at the embassy thats why he was able to receive items from that online-store.

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

[B][/B]

He must be obviously happy and fulfilled because he stopped bugging us. [Big Grin]
ROFL!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

[B][/B]

ROFL!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maqam
Member # 9022

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maqam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am not so sure about Amazon. My husband had an own postbox at the embassy thats why he was able to receive items from that online-store. [/QB]

Does that mean it's not usual to be able to receive book orders etc direct to a home address in Cairo? That is a worry! I'll be studying while I'm there...
Thanks for the advice re. weight limits etc...it's just that I've got a limit on air-freight, (additional to what we can carry) but I won't want to send all those books by boat...

Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I know it is hard..but if you have a friend here who can ship you one after you settle down ..sorry I can help with pricing..but I can ship you one as a wedding gift..
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the advice everyone. Mohamed said he will take me out next weekend and we will pick one out in Cairo, inshallah.

I'm a movie freak, can't live without my DVDS! [Big Grin]

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

quote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. Mohamed said he will take me out next weekend and we will pick one out in Cairo, inshallah.

I'm a movie freak, can't live without my DVDS! [Big Grin]

Good luck...I will be in Egypt for a week after Eid myself

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com