EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Noralhaq How is Shebin El-Kaum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Noralhaq How is Shebin El-Kaum?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now its well past November 1st, and you haven't said a word about it, yet you are posting to ES.

Did you arrive in Shebin? Have you married yet? Have you met the Italian woman of Shebin? And how do you like Mohamed?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
Now its well past November 1st, and you haven't said a word about it, yet you are posting to ES.

Did you arrive in Shebin? Have you married yet? Have you met the Italian woman of Shebin? And how do you like Mohamed?

She hasn't posted. [Confused]

As far as I know, she hasn't been able to access a computer yet. I've sent her several e-mails. If/when I hear from her, I'll let ES folks know. Or if someone else hears from her first, I'd appreciate a heads up that's she's doing OK. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

CAN NOT FIND HER RECENT POSTS AFTER SHE LEFT [Confused]
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think she got more important things to accomplish right now...... like getting married???? [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I left on November 1st, so I might have posted the morning before I left to catch my plane

However, I don't know anything about an Italian woman here, I'm still settling in and adjusting right yet. I have found everything so far to be quite pleasant, a little culture shock naturally, but overall pretty much what I expected and Mohamed is very good, alhamdullilah.

I hope everyone is well.
Noor

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
adjusting in Shebein-the-pits??you can't...it's not possible unless you erase your personality completely and become another obedient peasant wife.
so? how do you like detroit now?

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5 months to go..
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by primak:
adjusting in Shebein-the-pits??you can't...it's not possible unless you erase your personality completely and become another obedient peasant wife.
so? how do you like detroit now?

Never mind
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
how do you like detroit now?

Will you explain this comment to us all?
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people have no class.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
[Roll Eyes]

And some people don't mind living in a community that speak none of your langauge or even to follow any of their customs or learn of their customs before hand.

Just because you hate America, taken your shaddah and veil doesn't mean you won't alienate yourself.

Good luck, by next spring I will be hearing alot about you. And it doesn't sound good so far.

In a town of 160,000 being the only American in town doesn't have any sort of priviledge.

Mind you most of the town in bureaucratic and has to do busines with the "Shadow government".

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And some people don't mind living in a community that speak none of your langauge or even to follow any of their customs or learn of their customs before hand.

Just because you hate America, taken your shaddah and veil doesn't mean you won't alienate yourself.

Good luck, by next spring I will be hearing alot about you. And it doesn't sound good so far.

In a town of 160,000 being the only American in town doesn't have any sort of priviledge.

Mind you most of the town in bureaucratic and has to do busines with the "Shadow government".

Why do you think she hates America? [Confused]

By criticizing the US on certain things?
You do that.
By living in Egypt?
You want to do that.

I don't get it. [Confused]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:

Why do you think she hates America? [Confused]

By criticizing the US on certain things?
You do that.
By living in Egypt?
You want to do that.

I don't get it. [Confused]

She like Salama relies on the fact that you don't read all of her posts.

She has had multiple usernames and I have watched her posts closely.

unfortunately I did not save them before admins either erased them or moved them.

She tells you what you want to hear, and you are a 'newer' member.

Do I want to live in Egypt. I want to live with my daughter and don't care which country that happens in.

But she doesn't have much to say about America despite conspiracy theories and that normal hate rhetoric you recieve from religious nutcases.

Sorry I don't buy her bull.

Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
[Roll Eyes]

As opposed to someone who takes out her hatred of how her husband treated her to everyone on this board? [Roll Eyes]
You are of little consequence to me Amy.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Eek!]

A M Y?

Is this Sono's real name?

I used to love the name [Frown]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

[Eek!]

A M Y?

Is this Sono's real name?

I used to love the name [Frown]

Grow up MK.
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
As opposed to someone who takes out her hatred of how her husband treated her to everyone on this board? [Roll Eyes]

No but you like Tigerlily have changed usernames, actually you have changed your usernames more than twice.

And you had a story a while back that you were married already to a Jordanian guy.

And you never answered my questions of how many police stations, grocery stores, postal offices and so forth.

I asked around about you, and being the only American within a town with 4 foreign women who are wives, your presence should've come up.

Especially because the Sherif in the town is actually a distant relative of ours, or a cousin of my FILs. But with 8 brothers and sisters and his father having 17 brother and sisters a cousin is a distant relative.

And his marriage to you should've been registered in the local courts which they haven't been because we have relatives who work in the court system too.

You never replied who if anyone in his family spoke English. And since there is no internet cafes in Shebin, no public access to the internet outside of schools I wonder if you are running into Cairo every few days in order to get online.

I know things about Shebin the contradict your account of Shebin.

But thats okay you were good buds with salama, I can't expect any better from you.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

A M Y? Is this Sono's real name? I used to love the name [Frown]

Grow up MK. [/QB][/QUOTE]

What do you mean grow up? I honestly stopped liking the name now!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

quote:
quote:

She has said somewhere that shebin could not be worse than detroit....that was before getting to shebin.
http://www.cusl.org/deepdish/tournament%20page%20icons/detroit%20pretty.jpg

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

A M Y? Is this Sono's real name? I used to love the name [Frown]

Grow up MK.
What do you mean grow up? I honestly stopped liking the name now! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeah I never liked doctors or the dutch. For a while the dutch and doctors seemed quite possibly human through you,.

But I gave up on that. I hate doctors and I am still annoyed with the dutch.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

She has said somewhere that shebin could not be worse than detroit....that was before getting to shebin.

Holy buckets that wasn't the Detroit I saw.

But seriously I was thinking of Detriot because it has a large Jordanian community as in Noralhaq's first husband.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Primak, why don't you show also the other side of Detroit?

Here we go: Detroit slums

http://community.webshots.com/album/163808567JBeEGX

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Deluxe pavillions compared to the mansions in shebin...
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Deluxe pavillions compared to the mansions in shebin...

Holy cow those are highrises not pavillions.

And Shebin doesn't have any mansions only villas.

The only thing that comes close to a Mansion in Shebin is right outside the city limits in a village called Shebin-El-Mit or something like that. Sadat built a fortress in the country and had his television addresses televised from there.

Sadat was so full of sh*t.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

Yeah I never liked doctors or the dutch. For a while the dutch and doctors seemed quite possibly human through you,.

Feel free to love or hate anybody. But strange enough, I also am not that crazy about the Dutch, and I also dislike doctors!

But let me explain!

I neither love nor hate you. I just sympathize with you.

And I was maybe the only one who defended you lately. But suddenly out of the blues you started calling me a cullible fool! That's why you pissed me off.

Now I can't help but think of a cullible fool when I think of the name Amy.

Call it conditioning!

primak
Member # 494

maybe she's staying in sadat's fortress?that would explain the in-laws knowledge of english.

I rather liked sadat..the rumours were that he always had a bit of opium melting away under his tongue ; cool guy.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Sadat was so full of sh*t.

Ooi!

Leeh ellet el-2adab di?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
maybe she's staying in sadat's fortress?that would explain the in-laws knowledge of english.

I rather liked sadat..the rumours were that he always had a bit of opium melting away under his tongue ; cool guy.

Sadat sold out to the Israelis in order to make friends with America's wealthy. He Harbored the Shaw. He was tight with Kissenger.

Screw the drug habit, he was an @ss.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Feel free to love or hate anybody. But strange enough, I also am not that crazy about the Dutch, and I also dislike doctors!

But let me explain!

I neither love nor hate you. I just sympathize with you.

And I was maybe the only one who defended you lately. But suddenly out of the blues you started calling me a cullible fool! That's why you pissed me off.

Now I can't help but think of a cullible fool when I think of the name Amy.

Call it conditioning!

You are still upset because I don't believe or will even consider your anti-bra crusade.

Personally I think you have tit-envy. Mind you most of those Victoria Secret models are European and those VS models have plastic tits. So stop blamming America for your tit envy, blame your Dutch and German titty neighbors for that.

cybercops
Member # 6178

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cybercops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sonomod:
Why are you always such a Bitch to everyone
who states there opinon, and if it is not according to queen sonomad, screw everyone.
At times your a fun, other times, I think you are from another planet.
You trash Egypt, you trash all who does not live up to the expectations of what you, in your world
of cuckoo land believe exists. I think we need a Dr in the house to take your pluse and and give you your drugs, bcs, you are not a full box.
You need help. Stop being so damn critical of all
who is not the queen bee, if I was a drone, I would cause a roit amoungst the workers bees to kick you out of the hive. You never have a nice word to say to anyone. Did your Dr not tell you
to take your medicine each day like a good witch

Posts: 11 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

Personally I think you have tit-envy. Mind you most of those Victoria Secret models are European and those VS models have plastic tits. So stop blamming America for your tit envy, blame your Dutch and German titty neighbors for that.

Aa ya magnoonah!! I have the most beautiful breasts on earth! My husband, who examines breasts on daily basis, said he had never seen such beautiful breasts before he met me.

I often went out without a bra because I didn't need one. They're firm and rounded and just perfect.

And even if I had ugly breasts, I only need to shake my ass to downstairs to get any size or shape I wish for.

So I guess I am jealous of Lolo Ferrari huh? heeeeeeheeeeeeeeee

yekhreb beetik!

daria1975
Member # 6244

Sadat and boobs. [Roll Eyes] What's happened to this thread??

I mean boops.

[Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Sadat and boobs. [Roll Eyes] What's happened to this thread??

I mean boops.

[Big Grin]

Sorry guys. I lost it a bit up there!
Morgan
Member # 6662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Morgan   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [/qb][/QUOTE]Sorry guys. I lost it a bit up there! [/QB][/QUOTE]

SO [Cool] U HAVE BEAUTIFULL BRAUN EYE'S [Smile]

Posts: 1223 | From: Home | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
SO [Cool] U HAVE BEAUTIFULL BRAUN EYE'S [Smile]

Ahlan ahlan!

Where have YOU been?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Aa ya magnoonah!! I have the most beautiful breasts on earth! My husband, who examines breasts on daily basis, said he had never seen such beautiful breasts before he met me.

I often went out without a bra because I didn't need one. They're firm and rounded and just perfect.

And even if I had ugly breasts, I only need to shake my ass to downstairs to get any size or shape I wish for.

So I guess I am jealous of Lolo Ferrari huh? heeeeeeheeeeeeeeee

yekhreb beetik!

You need to get over the american bra thing.

I just can't understand why women are so offended that American society demands bra wearing? [Confused]

And yess I have seen little old ladies in Edina tell the high school exchange students from sweden, that no matter how small your apples are you must wear a bra in America.

I love to see that scene every time.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
You need to get over the american bra thing.

Bras are older than the US itself!

Next subject Sono.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! You're right Sono, that's def. not the Detroit I know. I lived in that hole for 7 years and it looked nothing like that pic. Well Detroit itself doesn't have a huge Jordanian community but Dearborn does. Huge Jordanian, Lebanese, Yemeni, Iraqi, Egyptian, Palestinian, and Syrian communities. The Iraqis have started moving out to the eastern and northern suburbs. The Yemeni are moving west to Ann Arbor. Hamtramck used to be swarming with Yemeni but now it's full of Pakis and Bengalis.

[/qb][/QUOTE]Holy buckets that wasn't the Detroit I saw.

But seriously I was thinking of Detriot because it has a large Jordanian community as in Noralhaq's first husband. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by kaldoais:
LOL! You're right Sono, that's def. not the Detroit I know. I lived in that hole for 7 years and it looked nothing like that pic. Well Detroit itself doesn't have a huge Jordanian community but Dearborn does. Huge Jordanian, Lebanese, Yemeni, Iraqi, Egyptian, Palestinian, and Syrian communities. The Iraqis have started moving out to the eastern and northern suburbs. The Yemeni are moving west to Ann Arbor. Hamtramck used to be swarming with Yemeni but now it's full of Pakis and Bengalis.

Holy buckets that wasn't the Detroit I saw.

But seriously I was thinking of Detriot because it has a large Jordanian community as in Noralhaq's first husband. [/QB][/QUOTE] [/QB]

[/QUOTE]

Well its second hand knowledge from a few guys who went to detroit first and then to minneapolis, only been in the country for 5 months so not really reliable.

And I did check out a few books on Arab Americans, 1987 & 1992 might not be so up to date.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com