EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Blood donation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood donation
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just received this message, and if anyone is in Cairo and can help this lady, please do so. I have no more details than is in the message:

Dear All,,
I just received an urgent case now for a lady in MA3HAD NASER . She will make an operation next Monday & Nasser institutes needs persons to go for blood donation in it instead of the blood that she will take during the operation . They need any blood type .I'm afraid they won't do the operation if no body come to give them blood as compnesation ,so plz act .

name : Safaa Mohamed Al Sayed Salama
Room : 827
last date for donation : Next Monday

NB : Donation is opened from now till MONDAY

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they didn't specify the blood type!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jazak Allah khairan for your interest 7ayat: "...They need any blood type..."
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sad to hear about that, I hope she received the blood she needed. BUt isnt there any blood "banks" that can help ppl like her?
If she needs any blood type that must mean she has bloodtype O, than it should be very easy to get hold of the blood she needs.

anyways, I hope she is ok now.inshallah

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Only three people have volunteered to donate blood for this lady so far, please, if anyone is able to go to the Nasser Institute, please do go as soon as possible as this lady has a very serious brain disease!
newcomer
Member # 1056

refresh, just incase anyone missed it!
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]
From what I remember..

Don't the blood have to be the same type, otherwise the body will reject it [Confused]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimbo57
Member # 9486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbo57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would gadly give blood but u need the same type i am o neg if that helps
Posts: 68 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Assalamu alaykum Kamal!

Type O is called the universal donor because it can be given to anybody and Type AB+ is the universal receiver so it can receive from anybody.

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wa alykum wa salam

she has Type AB+ blood? so that means she can accept any blood [Confused]

MashaAllah..this type AB+ must be very rare in people

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
interesting...
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0877658.html

--------------------
--
here...

*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
refresh, just incase anyone missed it!

i command you on doing this....my hat is off for you....realy
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Update on the situation. Safa has had enough donations now for her immediate needs, thanks to anyone who might have gone from ES, but the hospital still needs more donations as she actually has leukemia and if she has a bleed, she will need a replacement. (It is actually platelet donations they need, not blood.) However, there are also other people in the Nasser Mahad (institute) who need platelet donations, so if you are physically fit and able, why not go along to the 8th Floor and ask them who needs a donation most?

The Mahad is very easy to find; its in Shubra on the Nile, and if you get to the area anyone should be able to direct you there. Sorry to keep bothering you all with this but it seemed like something ESers could do!

KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a good heart newcomer. If I was over there I would happily donate my blood. I'm surprised they only want platelets and not plasma for her blood transfusion and clotting factor. How old is Safa? Please keep us updated with her progress and let us know for those who live internationally what we could do to help. [Smile]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com