EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hey Snoozin.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey Snoozin.....
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how does one year ES member anniversary feels like?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I went out to dinner last night with someone I met from ES. My first ES contact in real life!

Who was very cool, by the way. [Smile]

But I think I need to step away from the boards..I'm here too much.

I'm about to enter my very busy season at work, so I won't be here so much anymore.

But how about you? You are about to hit TWO years? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, who was that COOL person? Is he (you better not! [Wink] ) or she also posting on here?

Please don't step away because of work reasons unless you are getting married and have much better things to do. You know what I mean.

Yeah, time is passing by very quickly and I still feel comfortable on ES - its one big happy and friendly family here, isn't it? [Big Grin] The sad part is only that some people I liked stopped posting or posting very rarely now. But its like that in real life I guess, people coming and going, coming and going.....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
I went out to dinner last night with someone I met from ES. My first ES contact in real life!

[Eek!]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL!! It was definitely a she. She is an American ex-pat living in Cairo, visiting the US for the holidays, but she is very private so I don't want to say who. [Smile]

I'll be working 80 hour weeks soon, and yes, the very limited time I will have will be for the new husband who's moving in this weekend! [Eek!] He hasn't even started packing his stuff in his own apartment yet! Not that he has a lot....but it should be interesting next week.

I think this board is great, despite some of the negativity that makes me want to rip my hair out. [Big Grin]

I've made some good pen pal friends from here and I hope to get to meet more in real life...

I hope the people you miss come back soon....and stay. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
I went out to dinner last night with someone I met from ES. My first ES contact in real life!

[Eek!]
LOL! [Big Grin]

See above.

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck snoozin with the move.All the best--80 hrs thats gonna be hard...
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally love to meet some members here ..I think it will be nice to put a face on the thoughts and hearts we have seen here...
Snoozin 80 hours? youck ... I do not want your Job...a husband and 80 hours work ...seems stressful...Get your yoga mat ready..

--------------------
PEACE

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I will have will be for the new husband who's moving in this weekend!

One moment please, ya Snoozin, did I miss out on something here? I thought you are going to get married on Jan 01 in Cairo?

So you are already married? Wow and mabrouk, all the best to the both of you and I wish your love will soon create a "little Snoozin". [Wink]

Stop thinking about work, go on your honeymoon with your man! Congratulations again! [Smile]

LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Snoozin! Happy Marriage.
Remeber never to put a t.v. in the bedroom it makes for boring life.there are better things to do in there..
Also never go to bed angry with each other

You were like the best, most positive poster here, will miss you.

Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Thanks, folks. [Smile]

Jan. 1, yes.

Cairo, no.

Just Virginia. And no honeymoon (yet) -- work gears up this week and I'm owned by the government for a while.

Not a party, only making it legal so we can move in. Hopefully a party in July, which was the original plan....I want DC and he wants Cairo, so that will be our first *discussion.* [Big Grin]

[Eek!] I already have a TV in my bedroom! [Big Grin]

Sub-zero
Member # 9691

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sub-zero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Susan, wish all the best for the love birds [Smile]

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Aristotle

Posts: 657 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jan. 1, yes.
Hopefully a party in July, which was the original plan....I want DC and he wants Cairo, so that will be our first *discussion.* [Big Grin]

Mabrook (in Dutch this means "my pants"!)

In our case, we ended up having two parties, one in Egypt and one in Holland.

But actually my hosbond wanted zero parties(and me too actually). So Cairo party was only to introduce him to my extended family, and Holland party was a surprise party arranged by his head nurse, who is more than a sister to us. ( I don't mean sister like nurse sister, I mean flesh and blood sister!)

quote:

Oh my God is that his? Welcome to men's world!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Noooo....

That's *my* TV! I'm the one with a fully equipped house. He's the one coming from a divorce, so he has nothing!

I'm a news addict. I must have the news on 24 hours a day. I suppose that will stop now. [Frown]

Sometimes, when hearings are being broadcast, I catch a glimpse of myself in the background looking all stupid. [Wink]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
We also have a TV in the bedroom..... and a baby. So, Snoozin, it's not impossible. [Wink]
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Sub-zero:
Good luck Susan, wish all the best for the love birds [Smile]

Thanks, Sub. [Smile]

Wow, we are on line at the same time! [Eek!] Stop the presses! [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Snoozin, be relaxed. You and your habibi will figure things out. Of course things will change once you are married and live together (here I would like to refer to Koshari's newest topic - please keep us updated on that! [Wink] ) but not necessarily to the bad. I hope you settle well into married life, you must be very excited I can imagine. Enjoy having a husband now, your soulmate. Good luck. [Smile]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
You and your habibi

ROFL

Tigerlily, this translates: You and your MY LOVER!!

Hehehe..

TWEET!

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Snoozin, be relaxed. You and your habibi will figure things out. Of course things will change once you are married and live together (here I would like to refer to Koshari's newest topic - please keep us updated on that! [Wink] ) but not necessarily to the bad. I hope you settle well into married life, you must be very excited I can imagine. Enjoy having a husband now, your soulmate. Good luck. [Smile]

Thank you very much for your good wishes...

It *will* be interesting. We are both older you know, set in our ways (me especially!). [Wink]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
You and your habibi

ROFL

Tigerlily, this translates: You and your MY LOVER!!

Hehehe..

TWEET!

Mashi, habibik then? [Wink]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Mashi, habibik then? [Wink]

very good
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
So, Kingdom, when do we see your "infamous" Dirndl picture on here? How was Christmas for you and your family?
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
So, Kingdom, when do we see your "infamous" Dirndl picture on here? How was Christmas for you and your family?

Ya lahwi ya Tigerlily, I didn't have time to make it [Embarrassed]

So I went to buy one from Hertie when we arrived to Munich but I was horrified by how ugly+expensive they were! One gets very critical to ready-made stuff when you can make much better things with your own hands.

So I kept my good old jeans on.

For my little boy he had a Janker and Lederhose on, and was the STAR of the evening. People from the other tables came to us to tell us how gorgeous he was [Smile]

How can I post his picture actually?

I had a very nice time. It wasn't as cold as the last years, and I shopped till I dropped in Munich and GAP. And drank the children's version (alcohol free)of this dark red fruitjuice/wine thing(forgot the name) that you drink outside in the snow in the center of town.

The only thing that bugged me was the 6-year old daughter of my cousin-in-law. What a little bitch. Her mother was lecturing me about being such a bad mother because I work and she's a stay-at-home mom for her little bitch.

The girl is so incredibly rude!

While we were eating she would lean towards me and whisper: "Do you know what I have now in my underwear?"
I say: "no what?"
She: "A little piece of sshit! hehehehehehehe
I was farting and a piece of sshit came out hehehehehehe.."

Then she goes to sit on my hOsbOnd's lap, interrupting his meal, and insists he rocks her, and hubby did that, being the incredibly patient and polite man that he is for more than 15 minutes, and she wouldn't fcuk off! [Eek!]
Then she starts farting out loud! "hehehehehehe"

What exactly did her mom stay at home for? [Roll Eyes]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

The only thing that bugged me was the 6-year old daughter of my cousin-in-law. What a little bitch. Her mother was lecturing me about being such a bad mother because I work and she's a stay-at-home mom for her little bitch.

You know, she heard that probably from her mother or whatever. As you know kids are great in memorizing things what other people say - especially what their own parents say - and this could become kind of embarrassing later on not so much for her but for her parents.

After all it seems you had one big fun time down in Bavaria. But you mentioned it wasn't that cold?

I didn't step out for almost a week besides going once grocery shopping because it is freezing outside there with lots of snow. Oh how much I hate this weather. I miss the warmth of the sun, the flowers. I think I am depressed. Also I am still trying to figure out my New Year's resolutions. I can't believe how fast 2005 went by. [Frown]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
You know, she heard that probably from her mother or whatever. As you know kids are great in memorizing things what other people say - especially what their own parents say - and this could become kind of embarrassing later on not so much for her but for her parents.

I'm sure of that. My sister-in-law says that the girl is a copy of her mother when she was a child.
The mother had a terrible childhood seeking attention by all means after her parents divorced.

quote:
After all it seems you had one big fun time down in Bavaria. But you mentioned it wasn't that cold?

[Eek!]
CORRECTION: I mean it wasn't as cold as it was th eyears before. Just a strike of luck it was.

Last year it was -20C. This year it was only zero degrees at midday. I mean I learnt my lesson.. We go there every year and no matter what I wear I end up catching a terribel flu. The house of my parents-in-law has this freezing corridor that leads to the toilet, and I can exactly tell the moment when I catch the flu, always in that damn corridor. [Frown]
So this year I vowed not to catch a cold, and I survived [Cool]

quote:
I didn't step out for almost a week besides going once grocery shopping because it is freezing outside there with lots of snow.

Oh yeah same here. I'd rather die of hunger than to humiliate myself walking in this cold. [Frown]

quote:
Oh how much I hate this weather. I miss the warmth of the sun, the flowers. I think I am depressed.

Oh how much I hate this weather. I miss the warmth of the sun, the flowers. I think I am depressed.

!!

quote:
Also I am still trying to figure out my New Year's resolutions. I can't believe how fast 2005 went by. [Frown]

It's like earth is turning too fast nowadays! (well it's true, they say the earthquake that caused the tsunami of last year had made earth turn faster by half a second)..

I'm still not done figuring out my 2004-2005 resolutions!

Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks, folks. [Smile]

Jan. 1, yes.

Cairo, no.

Just Virginia. And no honeymoon (yet) -- work gears up this week and I'm owned by the government for a while.

Not a party, only making it legal so we can move in. Hopefully a party in July, which was the original plan....I want DC and he wants Cairo, so that will be our first *discussion.* [Big Grin]

Snoozin I'm still in tears waiting for you to come so we can meet up~how funny is that two americans have to go to Egypt to meet?? [Big Grin]

I hope you're doing well, miss you so much.
L

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Lulululululululululululullullluluyyyyyyiiiiiiiii

Snoozin is now officially married [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com