EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » in egypt, have you....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: in egypt, have you....
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone banked a foreign cheque anywhere in egypt?

[Confused]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes..........
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and............. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valerie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did you want to know?
Posts: 290 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do Egpytian bank accept foriegn cheque ???

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Well...I used Barclays and they took UK cheques but said it will take a month to clear.

If an Egyptian bank they have to be in the 'international' banking group in order that it will be cleared. Some Egyptian banks will only deal with Egyptian people, and then they cannot take foreign cheques, so ask if they have an international section before using them

Otherwise money will have to be transfered via western union

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
thanks [Smile] just what I wanted to know....

I wanna give a cheque to an egyptian anyway....
a month to clear is no problem...

you didnt mention anything about fee [Confused]
what will the converstaoin rate be, a lower rate? on the day rate? or a month late rate ?

[Smile]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
I dont know what the charge will be to convert, the rate changes daily, so i should think it will depend on the day its exchanged.........
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
You used Barclays in Egypt?
So did they charge you anything on top?
And what conversioon rate you had?

--------------------
--
here...

Valerie
Member # 6806

Rate Member
Has not been cleared yet, so dont know. but when it was banked there was 9.92 EP to £1.00 UK
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Ok thanks... [Smile]

at least I know it's possible....i'll look into it more

--------------------
--
here...

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ki$$7eaven:
Ok thanks... [Smile]

If you want to send money you could use Western Union . easiest and fastest way
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I dont mind if it takes 2 months to transfer, as long as it get there...

I need the most cheapest method...I hear Western Union fees are outrageous [Roll Eyes]

Cheque sound good so far... [Smile]
Thanks..

quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
quote:
Originally posted by Ki$$7eaven:
Ok thanks... [Smile]

If you want to send money you could use Western Union . easiest and fastest way

Mrs. Doubtfire
Member # 9731

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs. Doubtfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you send money by Western Union, then you have to pay around thirty quid minimum to send it, and they also pay the same amount at the other end to receive it. The money is converted from Sterling to American Dollars, and then converted again to Egyptian. So you lose out twice on conversion.

So roughly speaking if you send eighty quid from UK to Egypt you pay thirty quid charges, leaving fifty, the receipient gets fifty less another thirty and the conversion charges. In all probability, the recepient will end up with nothing. [Eek!]

Posts: 304 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
[Eek!]

--------------------
--
here...

TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Valerie:
Has not been cleared yet, so dont know. but when it was banked there was 9.92 EP to £1.00 UK

Has it cleared yet [Confused]
GrumpyGherkin
Member # 4970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrumpyGherkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mrs Doubtfire, where do you get some of your information from ? [Confused]

Yes, Western Union do charge high fees but you are paying for convenience in a quick service. The person sending the money has to pay a fee. This fee is calculated on the amount being sent. If you are receiving the money, it costs no fees to collect and is converted directly into US dollars. Also paid in US dollars.

--------------------
Get your gums around a gherkin today. The wisdom of the Great Gherkin is all seeing and all knowing.

Posts: 84 | From: Gherkin Land | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Fees are about 40 USD

--------------------
--
here...

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can you do EFT from a bank in Egypt to your American bank account?

I would like to forward part of my paychecks to an American bank account to pay bills, like my student loan.

Or does the American Egyptian Bank do that?

Their website doesn't explain much about their services.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com