EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where to buy women lingerie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to buy women lingerie
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi,

A friend of mine is looking for a good place to buy lingerie !!

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karim:

Hi,

A friend of mine

Yeh right

Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karrounna
Member # 4414

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Karrounna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your too shy for enter in a shop... u can go in the web site of the most beautiful lingerie brand : www.victoriassecret.com

Be sure that what ever u will take ur wife gonna be very pleased about this gift.

Posts: 25 | From: FRANCE | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunflower
Member # 4285

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunflower     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure that what ever u will take ur wife gonna be very pleased about this gift

yes, that for sure......and HE will be shocked about the prices!!!
but now doubt.....it's worth every penny!!!

Posts: 73 | From: Switzerland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianHeart
Member # 1217

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for EgyptianHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but Egyptian lingerie is tacky and really sucks! I've yet to find a good quality store in Alex or Cairo. Ok, perhaps I'm picky since the lingerie here in Paris is ultra chique. This is one cultural gap I am not eager to close! ;-)
Posts: 66 | From: Paris, France | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But remember that Paris has many very tacky areas too... but you would probably go to les galleries lafayette or other chic boutiques right?

Same for Cairo...The solution is NOT to buy from the tacky places.

There are boutiques for example on shawarby street..some are imported goods and some are local...etc..etc..
Keep an open mind
Don't put down everything in Egypt please!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianHeart:
I'm sorry but Egyptian lingerie is tacky and really sucks! I've yet to find a good quality store in Alex or Cairo. Ok, perhaps I'm picky since the lingerie here in Paris is ultra chique. This is one cultural gap I am not eager to close! ;-)

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

In egypt I don't think a man will go to shop and buy for his wife lingerie. Btw I am not married. I just saw an ad in old issue of Diva that there is a shop called Frou Frou in Dokki that has nice things, has anyone heard of it. I know Victoria Secret is high in style but it's $$.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptianambition
Member # 4376

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for egyptianambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well karim i have heard from some of my female colleagues at work that they make their husbands go to shop for their lingerie and iam like wow!!!! that's cool
Posts: 74 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I just came from victoria Secret site, and what nice things they have and some are in good price.

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Wow doing that is kind of funny, especially I am a shy guy, maybe will do abroad not here.

I just came from victoria Secret site, and what nice things they have and some are in good price.

egyptianambition
Member # 4376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptianambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well....karim,u can find here in Egypt at some of the lingerie departments guys selling lingerie ,but sure the one prefers a female to sell them as for me iam a shy girl
great u found at victoria secret site things with good price

[This message has been edited by egyptianambition (edited 10 June 2004).]

Posts: 74 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Karrounna
Member # 4414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karrounna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Victoria secret is expensive but as u can see on the web site, u can find also lingerie less expensive.

Posts: 25 | From: FRANCE | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

My friend is living here, so to buy from the States the ship it here will cost $$, so will try to locate the Frou Frou shop in Dokki and
check it out

Squarepusher
Member # 4484

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squarepusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karim,
Admit it dude, the underwear is for you, you like to wear women's undewear and all that because you're a freak...

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karrounna
Member # 4414

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karrounna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, i see ....
if its for u, it's a little beat too expensive

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karim Karim,
you never cease to amaze me, first: honeymoon spot, then one piece swimsuits, then wedding cards, then curtains and now lingerie hmmmmm about time you asked about cuban cigars or something equally musculine, but anyway since this is none of my bussiness the shop you're looking for is in Mohamed Saleh St., Mohandeseen. phone no. is: 7614902 and 7616653.

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Ya sure the panty is for me, Good rimo you are keeping up with my posts, and btw I don't smoke, so Sq how about coming with me so we can buy together maybe I like your style.

multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
multisphinx
Member # 3595

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for multisphinx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hi,

u said a friend not you

"Wow doing that is kind of funny, especially I am a shy guy, maybe will do abroad not here.
I just came from victoria Secret site, and what nice things they have and some are in good price."

so why are u lookin huh

Posts: 671 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think the prices on the VS items are high in the catalog, wait til you pay the customs to get them into Egypt, after shipping costs. Any shop that has imported goods will have already paid the customs and you will be paying it for them. So, in the end, the ONLY way to get decent underwear in Egypt is to buy it abroad, and bring it in yourself, or have a friend that is coming bring it with them. You can mail order it to be shipped to their address and they can pack it for you. Clearly, anything from VS isn't going to take much suitcase space...LOL Have them take the new labels off though incase they get their suitcase opened.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Yes you are right. I think this issue is over, as it's getting #@*&^

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ya sure the panty is for me, Good rimo you are keeping up with my posts, and btw I don't smoke, so Sq how about coming with me so we can buy together maybe I like your style.

That was plain rude Karim, I wasn't the one who suggested the lingerie was for you and as far as I remeber mister i told you were to get curtains, swimsuits and i even suggested something for the honeymoon and now here, I couldn't be sorry for trying to help somebody.GOD, go get a life young man.

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
princeofegypt
Member # 4521

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for princeofegypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hi,

hey are you really a crossdresser?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

In egypt I don't think a man will go to shop and buy for his wife lingerie.

You're probably right. But how come so many of the salespersons for lingerie in Cairo are guys??? I'm still amazed when I pass underwear stores in some suq and see (mostly veiled) women standing there discussing their underwear size with the salesguy.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

quote:

Ya sure the panty is for me, Good rimo you are
keeping up with my posts, and btw I don't
smoke, so Sq how about coming with me so we
can buy together maybe I like your style.

That was plain rude Karim, I wasn't the one who suggested
the lingerie was for you and as far as I remeber mister i told
you were to get curtains, swimsuits and i even suggested
something for the honeymoon and now here, I couldn't be
sorry for trying to help somebody.GOD, go get a life young
man.

Tell me Rimo where I was rude to you

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:

Hi,
If any intrested
I just found a shop by chance in Khalifa Al Mamoun St- Menshit El Bakrey, Heliopolis- Next to Teka on the same side. The name is Enjy France, from the window view it seems that they have good stuff.

sdufour
Member # 10226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sdufour     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi i sell passion party you can buy lingerie/sex toys if you want to do a book party. or just order e mail me

momoffour1977@yahoo.com

thanks

--------------------
</a

Posts: 1 | From: granville ny | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL The person who is selling sex toys uses the e-mail mom of four! I bet your kids are proud!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi,

Used or New ???

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, that is not worth ordering Victorias secret stuff. I also love their web page and considered to order those clothes here Scandinavia, but I mailed to custom...They informed me about, taxes, customs...If I would but clothes worth 100 dollars, I may have to pay 80 more just additional costs!!
So wrong that we donīt have VS here:( Maybe that is why people always say we wear here so ugly clothes... [Wink]

Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bring normal clothes and cut them like VS, brilliant idea ?! [Smile]

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, don't tell me you don't have any nice lingerie shop in Finland!!!
In Egypt I had quite a hard time finding any, so I gave up. Hope it will change whne I come back there.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Why don't you just bring what you need with you ?

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com