EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » KISS & PISS! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: KISS & PISS!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the deal with kissing as a greeting in Egypt and the Arab world?

I know people cannot get enough of this disgusting and unhealthy habit, but I know it's only allowed between women-women and men-men (puke [Eek!] )

But as I was watching Dubai TV, I saw in a program like "American Idol" or "Idols", a guy from Kuwait (won the contest) kissing a girl from Tunisia (first runner-up). I was stunned!
Is it nowadays normal to do that in public? A man kissing a woman?

By the way this is a MAJOR cause of infections.. Besides, women seem so totally fake when they overdo it! They come into a place where like 50 people are sitting around, and they kiss and kiss and kiss each and every one of them.. YA3!

And I have a question! How can I tell people I do not wish to be kissed without being rude?
(I don't mind a hug with a good friend that I haven't seen in ages though)

[Confused]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
They come into a place where like 50 people are sitting around, and they kiss and kiss and kiss each and every one of them.. YA3!

not only the arabs by the way, but also the FRENCH!!! seems like they can't get enough of it...

do you really think kissing is disgusting and unhealthy? [Confused]

Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smile widely and stick out your hand really fast and firmly for a handshake? That length of your arm should keep them from a distance.

I say *should.* I have a weird freaky girl I work with who hugs EVERYBODY. And hugging at work is a no-no. I've told her flat out not to hug me, don't touch me, and she still tries. Ew. [Eek!]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
That length of your arm should keep them from a distance.

Oh yeah? Try this with an Egyptian family member.. They will loudly and clearly ask you what is wrong with you and why don't you want to kiss them and if they smell bad or whether you find them disgusting.

Then they will jump upon you and bite the kiss off of your cheek. [Mad]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germanjulia:

Hey Julia where have you been? How are you my dear young lady? [Smile]

I don't think that, I know that..

You see some of us are carriers of certain bacteria on their skin and in their mouthes, noses and throats. This bacteria to them is commensal, meaning that it's harmless, but only to them.. To other people it can cause many diseases, like acne, tonsilitis (eltehab al-llowaz), sinusitis (eltehab goyoob anfeyyah), lung infections, and even meningitis (eltehab sa7aya al-mokh)..

Ya3 ya3a ya3 [Eek!]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
You can even catch all this sshit from sharing phones! I am so happy with my mobile!!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
the FRENCH!!! seems like they can't get enough of it...

Maybe that's one of the disgusting things we took over from the French.

You see in Egypt if you walk and talk and dress and do like the French, you come from good houses..

Maybe that's why people in Egypt don't shower often enough [Confused] [Big Grin] http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/09/wgall09.xml

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's the deal with kissing as a greeting in Egypt and the Arab world?

I know people cannot get enough of this disgusting and unhealthy habit, but I know it's only allowed between women-women and men-men (puke [Eek!] )

But as I was watching Dubai TV, I saw in a program like "American Idol" or "Idols", a guy from Kuwait (won the contest) kissing a girl from Tunisia (first runner-up). I was stunned!
Is it nowadays normal to do that in public? A man kissing a woman?

By the way this is a MAJOR cause of infections.. Besides, women seem so totally fake when they overdo it! They come into a place where like 50 people are sitting around, and they kiss and kiss and kiss each and every one of them.. YA3!

And I have a question! How can I tell people I do not wish to be kissed without being rude?
(I don't mind a hug with a good friend that I haven't seen in ages though)

germanjulia
Member # 8781 posted 26 February, 2006 07:56 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do you really think kissing is disgusting and unhealthy?
[Confused]

A very bad habit!

When there is a family"relatives" gathering, I just say “Salamow Alkoum every body” with a big smile, a waving hand and then go busy my self with anything else. They can say whatever they want, rude, aggressive, and impolite, I don’t care!
They know me well and they know my habits.

It really killed me when those poor ladies kiss me! I go washing my face, as I have no choice, you know they are very sensitive, they may think that it’s a kind of arrogance, if i make this distance While saluting!!
I don’t mind kissing my “especial” best friends,and my family those whom I ‘m sure that they are very clean and tidy.

Yes, GJ i think my aunt suffered from certain Allergy , after she kissed someone!!

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eh da?? Kissing in France??But you kiss only people you are friend with!! Not everyone!
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
That length of your arm should keep them from a distance.

Oh yeah? Try this with an Egyptian family member.. They will loudly and clearly ask you what is wrong with you and why don't you want to kiss them and if they smell bad or whether you find them disgusting.

Then they will jump upon you and bite the kiss off of your cheek. [Mad]

Heh heh. I come from the most NON-hugging/kissing family, so I don't have any experience with this. It's apparently only strangers who want to touch me. [Razz]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by germanjulia:
[qb] the FRENCH!!! seems like they can't get enough of it...

Maybe that's why people in Egypt don't shower often enough [Confused] [Big Grin]

Really, wa 3rftey maneen?

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I myself don't kiss anyone either...I have kissing phobia...see bacterias everywhere...And about the phone...baahhhhh.At my work, there is this single phone everyone comes and touches and puts saliva inside...Only touch it with a kleenex...and if I can avoid calling, I do...
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Maybe that's why people in Egypt don't shower often
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:

I have a nose
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
Maybe that's why people in Egypt don't shower often
quote:

I have a nose
l2a bosey bgd, ppl Smell!
Does it mean that they don’t shower?
BGD? [Eek!]

Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Do you really think Egyptians don't shower enough? I was taking the metro everyday, and the buses and microbuses, and never was annoyed by bad smells. Maybe at the end of the day, yes, but, you can't shower while at work!!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
BGD? [Eek!]

I know a girl who smells so bad, and insists on kissing me every time she meets me.

And I've made a sport of trying to guess what she ate yesterday.

Sometimes it's her body odor (for sure didn't take a shower for at least 4 days), other times it's her clothes. Old sweat stuck on the clothes that haven't been washed for weeks.

Since I got married I stopped using perfumes, because my husband hates them. And I still smell good (well I use deodorant), and I owe it to the best thing ever: WATER.

Thank you dear God for all your blessings.

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barbapapa:
Do you really think Egyptians don't shower enough? I was taking the metro everyday, and the buses and microbuses, and never was annoyed by bad smells. Maybe at the end of the day, yes, but, you can't shower while at work!! [/QUOT

yes, i though about this!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
I was taking the metro everyday, and the buses and microbuses, and never was annoyed by bad smells.

I think you have a medical problem.

(I'm so sorry that I'm not joking this time) [Frown]

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
BGD? [Eek!]

I know a girl who smells so bad, and insists on kissing me every time she meets me.

And I've made a sport of trying to guess what she ate yesterday.

Sometimes it's her body odor (for sure didn't take a shower for at least 4 days), other times it's her clothes. Old sweat stuck on the clothes that haven't been washed for weeks.

Since I got married I stopped using perfumes, because my husband hates them. And I still smell good (well I use deodorant), and I owe it to the best thing ever: WATER.

Thank you dear God for all your blessings.

l2a, I boycott such ppl!
2zay tast7meley? Ya3333 bgd

Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
I swear, there are many things that make me crazy when I'm in Cairo, but for the smell thing, no, I never faced it, only at the end of the day, sometimes, and to me, it's quite normal, with that hot weather!
But whatever, maybe your nose is more sensitive than mine (I'm not joking either).

anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kissing someone who you know, also if only slightly, is common in all Europe, and I guess also the arab world. I think that Americans are extra phobic about this closeness. In fact I read somewhere that in the arab world the normal distance between people while talking is much closer than for example in America and some Americans find it uncomfortable to talk to Arabs because of this...maybe Americans are just a little bit too cold???
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
I read somewhere that in the arab world the normal distance between people while talking is much closer than for example in America

This is so true. I got used to my "European" personal distance that I act like a paranoid freak when I'm in Cairo.

Listen to this, once I was carrying my baby in a pharmacy in Cairo. I had noticed that the lady behind the counter had just blown her nose into a tissue a couple of seconds ago, and I could hear very well the bubbly wubbly snot. Then all of a sudden my boy throws up on my shoulder..

I'll give a second to make a guess..

Yup [Roll Eyes] with the very same piece of tissue she hurries to me and wipes his face and my shoulder.

Friendly woman..

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry to disappoint you guys but i love kissing and hugging!!
Yaani...mesh 3ammal 3ala battal...but I kiss my family members and my friends all the time.

It makes me feel close. And makes them feel I'm still around. And ..even my niece, I would call her and she would say things like since you left I don't get enough hugs!!

Anthropos..very good point!!! Distance. Very good point.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I read somewhere that in the arab world..

This is so true. I got used to my "European" personal distance that I act like a paranoid freak when I'm in Cairo.
I'll give a second to make a guess..

Yup [Roll Eyes] with the very same piece of tissue she hurries to me and wipes his face and my shoulder.

Friendly woman..

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I love that one. I lovvvvvvvvveeeeeeee!!

Koshari..I met a guy yesterday who told me..ella el mozaz fe sharm el sheikh kollo mashi balboos , tubeless..fahmani..tuuuuuuubeless!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
Yaani...mesh 3ammal 3ala battal...but I kiss my family members and my friends all the time.

Oops.. Your remark reminded me that I forgot to mention one exception..

I kiss and hug my sisters and my husband way too much. But those are the only exception.

Ngeg.. I'm sorry but I might kiss you when I see you [Eek!]

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
On second thoughts. I think I have always been distant when greeting strangers (including non immediate family!)! I think I inherited that from my mom!

Yes yes, I do love kissing and hugging and making a big fuss when meeting someone after months or so. But I never do that with strangers. It doesnt matter who they are, what their social, financial or marital status is.

Ah, koshari...I did notice that my brother and his friends (male/female) kiss casually! Masr ba2et cooooooool I guess.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Oops.. Your remark reminded me that I forgot to mention one exception..

I kiss and hug my sisters and my husband way too much. But those are the only exception.

Ngeg.. I'm sorry but I might kiss you when I see you [Eek!]

Hehehehe...I knew you would give that exception. My elder sister is quite tall and has loooooooong arms normally yaani. When we were growing up we 'd always make fun of her and my dad would say "longer arms for bigger hugs silly!"" and she definitely gives me the warmest hugs!!

Yes yes yes...We kiss and hug when we meet and u have to show me how egyptian girls make their voices"thin"!!! (I think my mom does that on the phone! [Roll Eyes] )

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Koshari..I met a guy yesterday who told me..ella el mozaz fe sharm el sheikh kollo mashi balboos , tubeless..fahmani..tuuuuuuubeless!!

And? Did you pack your purse and run for your life or not? [Roll Eyes]
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
Eh da?? Kissing in France??But you kiss only people you are friend with!! Not everyone!

heheheh, but if you've got a lot of friends, you kiss each and everyone of them!! seriously, when i was in france, my german friends and me always used to hang out with a couple of young french people. and everytime a new member joined the group, he/ she went throught the whole group to give everyone a kiss! and there were many people to kiss!
in the end all the germans were so pissed, hehe! [Big Grin]

Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Hey Julia where have you been? How are you my dear young lady? [Smile]
i'm fine! what about you? basically i've been here all the time, well, almost! [Big Grin]

quote:
You see some of us are carriers of certain bacteria on their skin and in their mouthes, noses and throats. This bacteria to them is commensal, meaning that it's harmless, but only to them.. To other people it can cause many diseases, like acne, tonsilitis (eltehab al-llowaz), sinusitis (eltehab goyoob anfeyyah), lung infections, and even meningitis (eltehab sa7aya al-mokh)..

igitt.
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
quote:
Maybe that's why people in Egypt don't shower often enough [Confused] [Big Grin] http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/09/wgall09.xml

that article is just great! but it's something i've been suspecting for years to be honest... [Big Grin] [Wink]
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where I notice the "personal comfort zone" the most is when I'm at the grocery store. I'll be waiting in line and someone will come stand behind me and they'll stand so close that if I didn't know better I'd think they were trying to be intimate with me!! It's quite irritating and I invariably try to move forward some to get some of that space back.

As for hugs and kissing with strangers, most people who know me know that I'm not a touchy feely type. They don't try to hug or touch me.
I'll hug my immediate family, and maybe only one or two friends, and that's about it. Dont even *think* about trying to kiss me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, however I would never actually tell anyone to back off. Maybe I should practice my evil eye or something. [Big Grin]

I'm about 45 minutes or so from San Francisco.
[Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Thanks [Smile]
I have noticed quite a few posters from California.

It's gloomy and gray out here as well. Though I was thinking of going out and buying a few non-essential items, which cheered me up some.

Whereabouts are you living?

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
On second thoughts. I think I have always been distant when greeting strangers (including non immediate family!)! I think I inherited that from my mom!

Yes yes, I do love kissing and hugging and making a big fuss when meeting someone after months or so. But I never do that with strangers. It doesnt matter who they are, what their social, financial or marital status is.

Ah, koshari...I did notice that my brother and his friends (male/female) kiss casually! Masr ba2et cooooooool I guess.

yes misr b2t cool f3len [Cool]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Smile widely and stick out your hand really fast and firmly for a handshake? That length of your arm should keep them from a distance.

I say *should.* I have a weird freaky girl I work with who hugs EVERYBODY. And hugging at work is a no-no. I've told her flat out not to hug me, don't touch me, and she still tries. Ew. [Eek!]

everyone has these freaky girls at work, there's one in every bunch, i used to work with a girl who insisted on telling me everytime someone in the office hurt her feelings, she would stand next to my desk crying! (I hardly knew her by the way). made me quite uncomfortable....
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Kingdom, angel, you're too much! [Smile]

Your thread is called "KISS & PISS!". [Eek!]

Everyone here talked about the kissing part! [Roll Eyes]

I'm eagerly waiting the talk about the pissing part! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Great...this just turned into a golden showers thread. Now if people do *that* when meeting, I'm never setting foot in Egypt again! [Eek!]

[Wink]

Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
My Kingdom, angel, you're too much! [Smile]

Your thread is called "KISS & PISS!". [Eek!]

Everyone here talked about the kissing part! [Roll Eyes]

I'm eagerly waiting the talk about the pissing part! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

ROFL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Great...this just turned into a golden showers thread. Now if people do *that* when meeting, I'm never setting foot in Egypt again! [Eek!]

[Wink]

yucky!!!
just the thought 'kiss and piss', sounds like a nervous reaction to the kissing part!?

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
...just the thought 'kiss and piss', sounds like a nervous reaction to the kissing part!?

Well, as i remember, she has the custom to say when she's excited about something... "I almost pee'd my pants..." [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

But i really doubt that is the reason.... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It makes me feel close. And makes them feel I'm still around. And ..even my niece, I would call her and she would say things like since you left I don't get enough hugs!!

Anthropos..very good point!!! Distance. Very good point.

I kiss and bite them I swear [Smile]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Wink]

And you say my remarks are disguisting. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Kissing someone who you know, also if only slightly, is common in all Europe, and I guess also the arab world. I think that Americans are extra phobic about this closeness. In fact I read somewhere that in the arab world the normal distance between people while talking is much closer than for example in America and some Americans find it uncomfortable to talk to Arabs because of this...maybe Americans are just a little bit too cold???

Yeah, were so aweful aren't we?

No I think its due to the fact that during the start of the cold war huge propaganda/health education campaigns went on and on about public health.

Americans are very consciensious about germs. We can't help it, it was built into us as a part of our cold war hysteria.

Besides when most of us got off the boat at ellis island we were very sick and filled with every known contaigen. Part of being American means we can work toward fighting every known communicable disease.

Its part of our ethos.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont mind the kissing. but what i dont understand is why i need to kiss someone i just saw the day before. i mean to kiss someone you see once a week or something mashi, but every day? la2 keda too much!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ay 7aga howana la2y ? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Please tell me that its not expected for men and women to kiss cheek like it is in Lebanon?
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Thank God it is not allowed [Frown]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
Thank God it is not allowed [Frown]

But I saw it everywhere between young ppl when I was back home. Age bracket (18-25). Soon these ppl will grow up and I believe it will be a social trend.
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that's one of the disgusting things we took over from the French.

You see in Egypt if you walk and talk and dress and do like the French, you come from good houses..

Maybe that's why people in Egypt don't shower often enough http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/09/wgall09.xml

Hello MK how is you?
I never noticed that Egyptian were dress up like French, I think that they have their own style of dressing up which suit them very well, and regarding the shower I do take a shower everyday, and most of my French friends do the same. Finally, for us kissing each other is nothing disgusting, but it just a mark of affection, or a way to great someone we affection.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com