EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Private Lessons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Private Lessons
Habibaya
Member # 9888

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Habibaya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please,does anybody here in Cairo know what the charges are for 1 hourly private english lessons ranging from primary 1 to adult given in ones own home?
Thanks...... [Smile]

Posts: 4 | From: Nasser City - Cairo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ael_husseiny
Member # 10201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ael_husseiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about 30 egyptian pounds per hour

--------------------
samir

Posts: 150 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Habibaya
Member # 9888

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habibaya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to mention that I am an Australian teacher. I have heard these rates are for the Egyptian teachers teaching english but I am not sure what they are for foreigners.
[Smile]

Posts: 4 | From: Nasser City - Cairo | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, i think its much more than L.E 30. i mean when i took private lessons in high school i used to pay L.E 50 and this was 10 years ago. the rates must be higher now!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i first came to Egypt i've been told that it would be good that i give private lessons. I'm fluent in english and i know really well english litterature. At first the children were learning erevything i told them and i was so proud of their progress. But time is tricking us, after several lessons they began not to listen to me. It made me feel so helpless and when i went to see the parents they told me it was my fault, that my method was not the good one.
This inability to be effective in work is depending so much on the persons that are supposed to learn; but they seemed to work hard; and to understand better than i did.
I felt like this one was too big for me, i couldn't take it. I felt so small and ugly in being unable to transmit my knowledge and to be overcomed by those two students that i stoped giving lessons.
Now really teaching misses me so much. I hope i'll find a new method in teaching and new students to teach because i need to do something out of my time. And i need to work to make money, that is my only motivation from now on... as i don't see anything entertaining in my job no more.

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was making very good money while there, but since I was writing a paper about private lessons in Egypt, I wanted to experience it... Actually, almost every week, I had an offer from parents, at the school where I was teaching at, so it was quite easy to enter that special world. Fathers were policemen or working for administrations, so not poor, but didn't have a lot of money either. These people were so kind, so respectuous, I was offered tea, we talked a lot, and I always got my money on time. That was really nice. Then to complete my paper I wanted to find a rich family. Mother was lebanese, father american egyptian, extremely rich, two spoiled kids...I loved the kids, but I just couldn't stand with the mom, sho was changing the schedule every time I had to see the kids, who was complaining because I couldn't be free whenever she wanted...I had to meet the kids in this club I hated, which was so far from home, and she gave me my money at the very end, and I had to go to her office to take it...I made a big fight with her once I got it. Hate this kind of people.
Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ael_husseiny
Member # 10201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ael_husseiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if you want me to find a teacher for you with this rate

you could contact me

ael_husseiny@yahoo.com
or mobile
010/1720205

--------------------
samir

Posts: 150 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com