EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Smucker's Kid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smucker's Kid
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations , wiz name like smucker

i have suggestion for thename of your coming kid

if male, hes Mostafa
if female shes Sumaya

any recommendations for the names?

if you will make a cesarian, forget these names

if male, call him Adham
if female, Call her Huda

[Roll Eyes]

I 'm sure that he is a male but i give some probabilities

God Bless you
Happy Ramadan for you [Smile]
YOurs
Batman

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dONT FORGET TO TELL HIM ABOUT UNCLE eGYPTIAN BATMAN
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian_batman:
dONT FORGET TO TELL HIM ABOUT UNCLE eGYPTIAN BATMAN

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why different names depending on whether it's vaginal or C-section delivery?

What if it's VBAC? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

.... f you will make a cesarian, forget these names ....

I'd also like to know what that statement of yours means.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I 'm sure that he is a male but i give some probabilities

And I hope that it is a healthy child...... that's all what matters after all. [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In these days where the "world becomes smaller" I have choosen to give my kids international names. Names that can be pronounced in every language - i think - I have never heard a chinese person say them... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL [Big Grin] Batman, thanks for your well wishes. You made my husband and I laugh so much, although ,why does the name change with a caesaran birth?? [Confused]
My husband is praying for a girl but as Tiger said, we would be thankful for any gender that is healthy inshallah.

What's in a name, what is a VBAC ???

Actually Tibe is going the same route we are [Wink] .
We're trying to decide on a name that would work here easily in Egypt as well as the states.
We have good options for girls but boys is kind of limited. Suggestions for us ?? [Confused]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VBAC=vaginal birth after cesarean.

Alf Mabrook Smuckers!

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhhhhhhh I see [Wink]
Thanks Madame, I wish I could get advice from western women who delivered in Egypt....I want to know what to expect. [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[I'd also like to know what that statement of yours means. ]

BIRTH VIA A SURGERY NOT VIA THE VAGINAL ROUTE

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Ok,Batman,explain me what birth method you prefer,and why.I'm all eyes! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The question is: why different names depending on the method of birth?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Shakira, Show me the case i will tell you

In your case if u get pregnant, I prefer the oral route

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by What's In a Name?:
quote:

Its an old tradition. If I remember correctly the Final Prophet (PBUH) had advocated for helping women in childbirth though medical means. At the time it was considered a "test" for women to live through childbirth unaided. But then he advocated for medical intervention. But to satisfy some creepy need to keep Arab traditions alive I think this was his way of meeting a compromise.

I was told about this after I had a very serious delivery with complications galore. I did a vaginal birth but because I didn't have active labor there were certain names he wouldn't even consider. Later on my ex was lamblasted for listening to his deviant friends who are ignorant of the actual Sunnah regarding this by my Father In Law.

For this reason my Father in Law has always been protective of me.

There is alot of faulty fatwas about this topic and loony-bin Mullahs that aren't even real doctors let alone Islamic scholars will make some rather ugly accusations on "female nature".

One of the reasons why I won't give birth in Egypt.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:
quote:

Its an old tradition. If I remember correctly the Final Prophet (PBUH) had advocated for helping women in childbirth though medical means. At the time it was considered a "test" for women to live through childbirth unaided. But then he advocated for medical intervention. But to satisfy some creepy need to keep Arab traditions alive I think this was his way of meeting a compromise.

I was told about this after I had a very serious delivery with complications galore. I did a vaginal birth but because I didn't have active labor there were certain names he wouldn't even consider. Later on my ex was lamblasted for listening to his deviant friends who are ignorant of the actual Sunnah regarding this by my Father In Law.

There is alot of faulty fatwas about this topic and loony-bin Mullahs that aren't even real doctors let alone Islamic scholars will make some rather ugly accusations on "female nature".

i wanna check these Fatwa [Roll Eyes]
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:
quote:

i wanna check these Fatwa [Roll Eyes]
Dude you brought it up.

These fatwas were verbalized to me, I don't read Arabi. From all I know HH the evil gay crone could have handed my ex a bundle of these embossed fatwas, a few of which could've been on "assisted child birth".

My ex had a huge pile of these fake fatwas which were distributed shortly after 9/11 (the guy handing them out lost his visa so he did a fatwa dump!) in the parking lot of the city's Mosquese.

My ex had them burn because he didn't want to just toss them in the trash because there were actual Sunnah verses mixed with Wahabi interpretations (fake fatwas).

After he came home from destroying them (according to FIL orders) he came home and puked and cried, he was so confused.

In just a few months after 9/11 these evil cronies went out and did their dirty deeds, leaving alot of new immigrants of Muslim background utterly confused and much more scared than before.

I am sure alot of these fatwas have been around for decades, but the Wahabis won't let these fake fatwas die. Worse yet because Sheik Sharaawi had given his "golden Godly stamp of approval" on many of these fatwas during his heyday on the radio, this brought back memories of home for my ex. He felt really betrayed by his father for not straightening him out earlier. Part of Shebin's hometown loyalty to Sadat is not discussing Sheik Sharaawi in vivid and honest terms untill a situation like ours came up. Utter betrayal.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
[One of the reasons why I won't give birth in Egypt]

u drove me crazy when i read this line.

I will stop reading your posts because it really fucks my brain

[Eek!] [Confused]

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
[One of the reasons why I won't give birth in Egypt]

u drove me crazy when i read this line.

I will stop reading your posts because it really fucks my brain

[Eek!] [Confused]

Well tough cookies. But at the end of it all, you shouldn't be concerned with my choice of place to give birth. Its my business.
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better luck in the future!
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

Actually Tibe is going the same route we are [Wink] .
We're trying to decide on a name that would work here easily in Egypt as well as the states.
We have good options for girls but boys is kind of limited. Suggestions for us ?? [Confused] [/QB]

What about Victor -André - Marcus - Simon - Adam or Gabriel [Smile]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if its a girl how about mickayla
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

lol I despise Victor, Andre reminds me of a big overweight wrestler remember andre the giant - my brother is marcus, simon reminds me of simon says and Gabriel is too feminine for my taste.
however, madame m gave me an idea i'm REALLY liking [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
lol I despise Victor, Andre reminds me of a big overweight wrestler remember andre the giant - my brother is marcus, simon reminds me of simon says and Gabriel is too feminine for my taste.
however, madame m gave me an idea i'm REALLY liking [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Oh girl you just managed to offend both my son and my husband in 1 post [Big Grin]

Right now its becoming a trend to name the baby after the city they was "made in" - like beckhams with Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruiz [Roll Eyes] Maybe the poor people comes up with a similar trend insted of naming them from the cities they was made in and use the places they was made in.

Imagine having a son called boblebath or Desert.... [Big Grin]

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Egypt, can you find out the sex of the child (before the birth obviously!) when one you have one of the ultrasound scans?
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:

Right now its becoming a trend to name the baby after the city they was "made in" Imagine having a son called boblebath or Desert.... [Big Grin]

Sharia Al-Gihad, Mohandseen [Big Grin]

Hm..... or could have been Rd. 83, Maadi. Anyway who cares - she's so smart and beautiful. Just the daughter I've always wanted! [Smile]

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Sorry tibe I didn't mean it!! [Frown] I'm pretty sure conception was in Alexandria, but that's not an option either [Wink] .

Dawn from what I understand the answer is yes, but it's too early yet for us to find out [Wink]

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard a nice name for a boy yesterday. Farek.
[may have got it wrong, think it means 'horseman']
My daughter in England has just named her new daughter Syria.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Sorry tibe I didn't mean it!! [Frown] I'm pretty sure conception was in Alexandria, but that's not an option either [Wink] .

Dawn from what I understand the answer is yes, but it's too early yet for us to find out [Wink]

Alex if its a boy
Alexia if its a girl

[Smile]

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jessie:
Heard a nice name for a boy yesterday. Farek.
[may have got it wrong, think it means 'horseman']
My daughter in England has just named her new daughter Syria.

Never figured you to be that "old" -meaning you are a granny - congratulation. Isnt hard being so far away from child(ren) and grandchild(ren)??? My parents always says that if they knew having grandchildren was so funny they skipped having children and went straight to the grandchildren [Wink] [Roll Eyes]
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
In Egypt, can you find out the sex of the child (before the birth obviously!) when one you have one of the ultrasound scans?

Ofcourse, when my mom was pregnant, she found out that my brother was a boy 18 years ago through the sonogram
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, my SIL found out she was having a girl several months before the birth. As my husband says...we do have technology in Egypt [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com