EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Closing Sharm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Closing Sharm
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, Sharm El Sheikh will be closed to anyone trying to get inside from Cairo and surrounding areas, between the 16th to 22nd May whilst they are having this huge meeting here.
Also there will be a no fly area over the Golf Resort were the meeting will be taking place.

Does anyone have any further information on this.

They have cancelled all excursions also for 5 days.

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a World Economic Forum meeting being held sometimes this month.

Sharm is where Mr Shithead and his thugs have all their meetings, walking around that place, you'll be asked to produce i.d. every 5 minutes, phuck that, going thru checkpoints around Cairo is bad enough.

I've never been to sharm, and have zero desire to ever go.

--------------------

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its being billed here as a reason why sharm is so safe...

"look.. it must be safe, the summit is being held there"

i wouldnt want to be there during that time.

i live right next to a high security risk, and every time the queen or charles or philip is here were not allowed to park our cars on the street, they shut down the roads, we have helicopters hovering over head for hours before and during the events (of which there are many), and all the police and security personnel seem to want to flex their muscle and pseudo power on you by interrupting your day as much as they want.

and thats london! fuckk being in sharm in similar conditions. what if youve only got a week holiday? Great! even if its 2 weeks, there will be be a stepping up of security over that time... who wants to feel like there holidaying in high security risk area?????

especially in light of recent events. people will come back telling everyone not to go to egypt.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _hellraiser:

I've never been to sharm, and have zero desire to ever go.

Weird! Weird to a weird extent...
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with security efforts? We live in a crazy world where anything can happen. Expect the unexpectable.......
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
What's wrong with security efforts? We live in a crazy world where anything can happen. Expect the unexpectable.......

Nothing wrong at all with security per se, prevention is indeed better than cure, except when it ventures into the terrority of unwarranted harassment and bullying by Egyptian cops, which happens more often than not.
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
theres nothing wrong with it, quite the contrary in fact, i just wouldnt want to be on holiday there during that kind of security effort.

as i said, i know what happens here, around my local streets when the queen, or blair or whoever is visiting. its not exactly relaxing... i try to go out for the day so i dont have to put up with it... i wouldnt want to be on holiday here when its happening, so i can only imagine how unsettling it would be to be in a muslim country where bombs have recently gone off under the same measures.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try living here, when Mumbarak come here they shut the roads for 3 hours, and he could be half way to Cairo in that time.
This meeting has its good and it bad points, yes its good as it brings attention to the place.
But its also bad, because everyones life is disrupted.

Even when you are coming here on holiday and you see the check points with armed police this is a bit alarming if you are a tourist coming to a place like this, couldn't they be a bit more low key, have police dressed in everyday attire, walking the streets mingelling with the locals etc. to see what is happening in this way they are never going to get the information they want just by having check points, they are just going to find another way in.

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

I can only imagine what London was like after the June bombings.

Must've been like walking around 1943 Germany.

"Achtung, wir haben ein auslander! Ver are you going, schwienhundt?"

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
schwienhundt

Schweinehund
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Schweinehund

Spelling Nazi! [Big Grin]

My Deutsche ist rusty.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
you know, i will never forget that day.. the day after i mean.

it was the best feeling... i was actually on the radio.. i was sitting in traffic, it was a sunny day, and the radio was doing a phone in about the bombings.

the general feeling (which is typically british) was "dont let the buggers grind you down" we identified the main reason it happened was because we dont talk to each other, we dont even make eye contact with each other... we walk along looking at the street, we dont know who lives in the house 2 doors down... thats how they can make the bombs and plant them...

everyone that day spoke to everyone else, it was magic! people challenged people over bags etc, just felt confidant to look around and be vigilant. i rang in to ask that everyone make an effort to meet their neighbours after work, and for everyone stuck in traffic with me to wave at someone else and say hello... it was the most bizarre thing to see... everyone that was listening did it.. and soon worked out it was me talking, everyone said hello to me, laughed and carried on talking and waving to each other for ages.

when the summer comes to london its the best place to be... but that day was the best i can remember... a really really special time.

of course it all slips away and its back to normal now... with exception to one thing...

weve always been vigilant, the IRA have seen to that, but 7/7 made us more ready to challenge something untoward. i hope we dont loose that.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Schweinehund

Spelling Nazi! [Big Grin]

My Deutsche ist rusty.

doesnt that mean pig dog?

you think yours is rusty, i met a german in a bar and had a wonderful conversation with him that kind of said this...

hello, my name is charm, i am 13 years old, i live in a house and have 1 brother and 2 sisters.

i guess you had to be there!

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Yea that's what it means.

lol!

I picked it up pretty fast cuz I lived there when I was around 14.

--------------------

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
hehe... tigerlily.. whats german for donkey monkey!!! LOL.. i'll never forget that! i wonder if that thread still exists? haha that was the best thing ive ever been called...

donkey monkey!!! hehe

hellraiser, how old are you??? if your my age then germany must have been an interesting place when you were 14.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DONKEY MONKEY...
heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yes yes...but i forgot who the guy was!

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEADLINES
MUBARAK gives in his resignation to
CHIMP power ,so all roads and resorts will be closed due to this amazing return , the world is on edge..LOOK OUT FOR NEXT BULLETEN [Confused]

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
wasnt it some weirdo called river of sperms or something? actually there was 2 people with the moon avatar who were both freaking out if i remember right.

you know i laughed for days over that one... when i was at traffic lights, washing up, falling asleep.. whatever... it would just pop into my head and id chuckle!!

VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
hellraiser, how old are you??? if your my age then germany must have been an interesting place when you were 14.

A few years older than ya [Wink]

Yea, it was interesting & fun, then again everything is at that age

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Hellraiser, how come you were in Germany? Have you been a military brat? [Big Grin]
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Were you a Military brat.

[Big Grin]

I've been around.

--------------------

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
how much older? dont tell me i fancy an old man... damn the net can be a dangerous place.

my first (and last) attempt at joining in a live chat room went like this...

[2 men talking, one consoling the other]

"my girlfriend isnt bothered by it, she says im being silly, i perform great and i come second, she thinks im perfect"

[man 2] "mate, my girlfriend would love it if i came second... trust me, im the one with the problem"

at which point i offered up my opinion on performance and making your girlfriend come first etc etc.....

only to discover they were about 14 talking about skateboard competitions!!!!!!

i closed the door on my way out!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
DONKEY MONKEY...
heheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yes yes...but i forgot who the guy was!

lol river of love, who can forget him?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
how much older? dont tell me i fancy an old man... damn the net can be a dangerous place.

my first (and last) attempt at joining in a live chat room went like this...

[2 men talking, one consoling the other]

"my girlfriend isnt bothered by it, she says im being silly, i perform great and i come second, she thinks im perfect"

[man 2] "mate, my girlfriend would love it if i came second... trust me, im the one with the problem"

at which point i offered up my opinion on performance and making your girlfriend come first etc etc.....

only to discover they were about 14 talking about skateboard competitions!!!!!!

i closed the door on my way out!

Stop scarin the kids! [Big Grin]

I told ya before, I posted my pic, guess [Razz]

catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.funnyjunk.com/p/0524-jpg.html
ONE OF CHARMS EX BOYFRIENDS...?

the birth of charm and shes scottish too..

The Week/The Clones
How Dolly Was Designed
Cloning, Nature, and Nurture

Hitler the Philanthropist, Clone Your Wife, and other tales from a
week of media clone madness. A Newt in Every Home?

By William Saletan

<Picture: T>his week, a Scottish scientist confirmed that he had
cloned an adult sheep. He insisted that his only goal was to improve
sheep's milk--about the level of imagination you'd expect from a guy
who wrote his doctoral thesis on the freezing of boar semen.
Nevertheless, the news has inspired journalists, pundits, politicians,
and ordinary citizens to propose far more radical applications.

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charm tell us what made you do this? It's awful indeed, but so easy in a way.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Making sure everything is safe indeed:

http://www.dailystaregypt.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=1601

Egyptian workers got deported? Go figure!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com