EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » EXIT STAMP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXIT STAMP
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband has recently joined me from Egypt and we now reside in the UK, we plan to travel back to Egypt for a weeks holiday to Egypt in July, he has a stamp in his passport from immigration that allows him to travel out of Egypt until the 31st of Oct, can anyone tell me if a further immigration stamp is required for exiting Egypt next month.
Hope this makes sense.

Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if ur husband is egyptian...he can just use his egyptian passport...

if he is not and his VISA is still good...he doesnt need to buy one!

so if it will expire in Oct but you will go down in July and leave b4 october...then IT WILL WORK! dont buy a new one!

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sawny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply, I think you may be confused. My husband is on an egyptian passport with a valid visa to the UK, we live in London and plan a weeks holiday to Egypt, my question is, he has an immigration stamp allowing him to travel outside of Egypt until the 31st of October, he came to the UK in May, does he need a further immigration stamp or does the first one suffice.
Posts: 66 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egyptian Mafia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Immigration to what country....

obviousily not egyptian! because u said he has egyptian passport...so he can enter with that to Egypt and no VISA required!

and if are talking about a british VISA...as I said....if it is still valid...then he can travel until Oct...and then he needs to renew it!

Posts: 183 | From: Toronto, Canada / Cairo, Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
In order to exit Egypt, each Egyptian must obtain an immigration stamp in their passport from the immigration office in whatever city in Egypt, it proves that there are free to travel OUT of Egypt and are nor required by the military. My husband has a visa to the UK, this is not the question. Of course, he can travel into Egypt on his Egyptian passport I ask if he requires another immigration stamp to EXIT egypt.his current one is until the 31st of Oct.
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
Why did he get an immigration stamp on his egyptian passport????????

He should only get a passport check stamp that says that he entered egypt on 22 July for example!

and he would get one but it says exit on 20 September.....

For military, he should get a full exempt or a temp exempt!

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he hasn't completed his military service or been given a full exemption, which sounds like the case if he has only been allowed to leave Egypt for a limited time, then he may have to get another exit permission to leave again. Why don't you phone the Egyptian Embassy in London...it's their job to advise on these matters?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
Sorry, I am not sure you understand, every Egyptain MUST have an immigration stamp in their passport allowing them to travel OUT of Egypt, my question doesnt refer to ENTERING Egypt but Leaving
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
I dont have one! and I am Egyptian!

but I never use the Egyptian to enter or leave Egypt...I use my Canadian but just flash my egyptian so I dont buy the foreign VISA!

sawny
Member # 11224

Rate Member
I am not talking about buying a tourist visa but re newing the immigration stamp in an Egyptian passport, my husband only has an Egyptian passoprt and in order to EXIT Egypt you must have an immigration stamp allowing you to travel OUT of Egypt- it is checked by airport immigration in Egypt Maybe you are exempt for the military and do not require an immigration stamp.
Egyptian Mafia
Member # 10974

Rate Member
I am exempted from Military but dont have the stamp or anything and my egyptian passport expired in 2003...I dont have a second brother...but I know that even if u are the only son...you can still go to miltiary if ur dad is still younger than 60! but...my dad is 54! but who cares...I cannot enter military service because I will be labelled as an Army Spy because I have a CDN passport!
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard of this except in the case of someone who has not completed their miltary service. I think you are wrong in your statement that all Egyptians need it.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic
Member # 7290

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my knowledge there's no requirement for and exit stamp. As far as I know the way it works is as follows:

Passports are issue only to those who are allowed to exit the country and the duration of the passport is affected by military service.
Those who did not complete their military service are issued passports for a limited period. For example students get a passport valid for 6 moths.
Aside from the duration of the passport there's also a stamp or a note under the section "ENREGISTREMENT"/ القيد stating the date before which he must return (Is this sentence grammatically correct?).

So if he has no limitation stamped in the passport and the passport is valid, he doesn't need an exit stamp. It is always wise thought to carry a copy of his military exemption/completion certificate.

You will get more accurate infromation if you post this question where there are more Egyptians, try these:

http://www.egyptiantalks.org/invb/
http://masrelyoum.com/vb/
http://horrya.invisionzone.com/

Posts: 140 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sawny,

this stamp applied only for Egyptian Students, cause if he want to travel in summer holiday, he must get the stamp to be able to leave,,,,why?
cause he didn't finish his military service yet.

so he get a document from college to prove he is student and his military service is exemp till he finish his college.
Immegration give him a stamp saying(Allowed to leave the country without military certificate till the date bla bla ,,, so this is a permition he's allowed to leave because he is student.

Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sawny:
I am not talking about buying a tourist visa but re newing the immigration stamp in an Egyptian passport, my husband only has an Egyptian passoprt and in order to EXIT Egypt you must have an immigration stamp allowing you to travel OUT of Egypt- it is checked by airport immigration in Egypt Maybe you are exempt for the military and do not require an immigration stamp.

Here is your answer:

If your husband enters Egypt before Oct 31, then he can exit Egypt again before Oct 31 using the same "stamp" (it actually isn't a stamp ... it's called tasree7 safar - travel permission). Now, if your husband enters Egypt after Oct 31, then naturally he will need to get a new travel permission document.

And to clarify, not all Egyptians require that document ... only those who have not served in the military for one of the following reasons:

1. Student: Gets a travel permission document that is renewable as long as his student status is still valid.

2. Only son: Gets a travel permission document that is renewable as long as he remains an only son. Once u turn 30, u get a permanent document stating that u r no longer required for the military.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So does that mean that if he doesnt return to Egypt on 31st October, his travel permission has run out, and he then remains in the UK as an "illegal"?
Isnt that why many Egyptians have difficulties in getting visas to other countries, because Egypt expects them to return home permanently.

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
So does that mean that if he doesnt return to Egypt on 31st October, his travel permission has run out, and he then remains in the UK as an "illegal"?
Isnt that why many Egyptians have difficulties in getting visas to other countries, because Egypt expects them to return home permanently.

No, not exactly. He isn't considered illegal since he can still come back to Egypt and not be held accountable for staying longer than the duration on his travel documents. So the word "illegal" here does not apply ...

As for Egyptians having dificulties obtaining visas, i don't see the connection between the two issues. On the other hand, it is worth noting that a lot of Egyptians leave Egypt during their early twenties in an attempt to avoid being enlisted in the army. This is the case because once they turn 30, then they are no longer required to be enlisted in the army ... and hence, they can come back to Egypt and not have to do their military service.

Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I assume how long he stays depends on his British visa, and not on his Exit visa from Egypt.
Lol, I think I got it now

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com