EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hussein Fahmi resigns as UN Goodwill Ambassador

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hussein Fahmi resigns as UN Goodwill Ambassador
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hussein Fahmi resigns as UN Goodwill Ambassador

Posted: 02-08-2006 , 13:56 GMT

Prominent Egyptian actor Hussein Fahmi has submitted his resignation as United Nations Goodwill Ambassador in protest of the UN's inaction to halt the Israeli aggression against innocent civilians in Lebanon, especially the most recent heart wrenching Qana bombings that kill over 60 civilians, mostly women and children.

In an official press release Hussein said, "I cannot carry on as a Goodwill Ambassador to an institution that is incapable of making any difference in a country that is under siege," as a result of ongoing Israeli strikes.
The actor said, "As an Arab artist, it is inappropriate to hold such a position at this time."

"If a small nation cannot seek the assistance of the UN, who can they turn to?," questioned Hussein. He also said the UN mistakenly characterizes the Israeli aggression as "self-defense."

He called on powerful nations like Russia and France to take a stand against the United States, which has yet to insist on a ceasefire, and described most Arab nations as mere spectators to the tragedy.

Hussein described the Arab League as ineffective, and if these countries and the UN remain silent then the massacres of innocent Lebanese will only continue, he said.

A few months ago an Egyptian court sentenced Hussein to six months in prison, and a fine of 500 Egyptian pounds for swearing at two police officers. Two officers stopped Hussein's vehicle on a Cairo street, and when the officers tried to question Hussein, he began swearing at them.

Hussein paid the fine and has appealed the verdict, hoping to avoid serving the jail sentence.

Hussein's latest television drama, “Muwatin Bi Rutbit Wazeer” (A Citizen with the Rank of a Minister), was written by Yasr Al Siawi and directed by Adel Al Asser. Hussein plays a duel role in the drama of twin brothers who are complete opposites, one honest and the other corrupt.

www.albawaba.com

i never liked the guy, but i think it's a good move

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never liked him either no matter what role he play i perefred his brother but sadly he was always stereptyped as croupted greedy person role.
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i love his brother, much more handsome than him!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh hehe of course the subject will totally be about his beauty.. Who gives a damn about good wills [Big Grin] {copy, paste, and save for Dumblandyard evidence! [Wink] }

This Fahmy guy and his brother (ya lahwi Google Mostafa Fahmy pictures and see what you will get. Ngeg you will not get ONE picture [Big Grin] ) are really driving me nuts.

They get cuter and cuter as they age.

And I never ever thought they were good actors, but who cares about acting when it feels like eating chocolate all through the film!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol toozi you are mad, i hope your sofa not filled with drool. i thought i drool but nah they too old for me, i like them young.
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've liked alot of films I've seen with Hussein Fahm in them. He always seems genuinely gentle and not a rash overbearing kind of personality.

(Oh I don't know how to refer to him guy) loves to point out that Egyptians can have blue eyes whenever this actor shows up in a film. Somehow he feels I need to be told this continueally.

Never knew he had a brother, but have seen a couple actors who look alot like him.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Toozi Froozi:
Oh hehe of course the subject will totally be about his beauty.. Who gives a damn about good wills [Big Grin] {copy, paste, and save for Dumblandyard evidence! [Wink] }

This Fahmy guy and his brother (ya lahwi Google Mostafa Fahmy pictures and see what you will get. Ngeg you will not get ONE picture [Big Grin] ) are really driving me nuts.

And I never ever thought they were good actors, but who cares about acting when it feels like eating chocolate all through the film!

oh i definitly believe that mustafa fahmy is hot. but i never ever thought that hussein fahmy is even romotly good looking!
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
iagree 7ayat i never felt he was good looking either just not my cup of tea i guess.

awrah his brother i don't think had made any films (unless iam wrong) mostly it was tv series. they don't alike apart from the eyes.

DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhh girls ! I think Hussein is great. I will watch any movie he is in. He was a honey when he was young and still looks good.
Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Safiyya El 3emary the UN goodwill ambassador now? I'm not sure how good she's doing, but it sure seems like she's taking it very very seriously (at least more than Adel Imam did). She certainly looks like a powerful woman.
Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toozi Froozi:
Ngeg you will not get ONE picture [Big Grin] ) are really driving me nuts.

Hussein fahmy shabah 3ammeti Ne3mat Hanem!!! He really looks like her!! And I totally dislike the woman!
Koshari, I didnt get a single pic!! It's very sad! Ha3ayat! [Frown]

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that is the only picture of Hussein online. It is not very flattering, he looks like one of those puppets from the Thunderbirds.
Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, UN has named some new goodwill ambassadors last year and Hussein Fahmy was not one of them , they thanked him for all the effort he exerted in bringing peace and prosper to the children of the Arab world.
So how come he resigned from a position he no longer occupies !!

--------------------
HandsUpHandsDown is that american woman who used to be known as "ana huna" in ES! Strange but true.

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian-guy:
Don't believe everything you read in the papers, UN has named some new goodwill ambassadors last year and Hussein Fahmy was not one of them , they thanked him for all the effort he exerted in bringing peace and prosper to the children of the Arab world.
So how come he resigned from a position he no longer occupies !!

Wow! This is a rather inetresting piece of info!! I can't deny my surprise!! Ya habibi ya Hussein kan bas asdo ye3mel manzar keda odam el masreyeen wel2ekhwa el 3arab yaani! He meant no harm!
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com