EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » accounting in egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: accounting in egypt
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if there is an equivalent in Eygpt of a CPA? I'm just thinking that if I were to ever want to work there would my current license be sufficient or would I have to take more tests and stuff like that.
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah, CPA is one of the most powerful degree here in egypt but there are few how have it cause it is to hard and must go to the USA to get the exam and also maybe the american embacy wont agree to get the visa for the egyptian so you dont have to equivalent but i dont know you have to learn some arabic !!!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doodlebut, as above, I am sure that any degree from USA or Europe from a recognised institution will be more than enough, but as Mark said you might need to get some arabic under your belt LOL
Mark will be able to give you advice he is an accountant I believe............

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Egyptian equivalent of the US CPA is the Egyptian Society of Accountants and Auditors (ESAA).

Being a licensed US CPA is sufficient to work in Egypt. Multinational firms in Egypt prefer CPA's with previous big 4 experience.
Salaries start from L.E 3000 and reach L.E 15000/month for a CPA with 10+ years of experience.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I took the exam a while back in California, there were about 500 (estimation) Egyptians sitting for the exam. It was held twice a year back then.

The US CPA is considered prestigious over here not because it's hard but because the exam is held in the US. On the other hand, the CFA holds more prestige becuase very few can pass the exam.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I know I would definitely have to get my Egyptian Arabic down pat. lol.

So a salary of L.E.15,000/month for someone with 10+ years????? Faggitabout it.

Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com