EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Remembering all Victims of 911 Today ....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remembering all Victims of 911 Today ....
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 11 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a nice poem or quote to remember the victims from 911 feel free to post them.... this day affected so many in the world, not just Americans. Peace to all ! [Smile]

Our children changed that day.
they suddenly lost their innocence,
and reality that war had touched our borders
came true.

The children carried jugs of water to load the trucks for victims,
the children brought their own money,
the children gave hope as their tears reached heaven.

No longer did we question in our minds,
"Where is God?"
For we knew the tears of the children were being seen by him,
the smoke had reached his nostrils,
and we knew it was time to pray and pray,
for the childrens tears had reached heaven.

by Mary Carroll-Bower, Sept. 2001

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh land of Abraham, and Ur, where Moses rose

Between the Tigris and the Euphrates,

Oh land of Noah’s great flood.

Where once you sank beneath the waters,

And now you call again upon the Sky God,

The Moon God, but it is the God of the Wind

Who carries your voice across the world

To this new land,

Where deep inside the hearts of millions

A hallowed voice is heard. It nags and nags and nags;

It says, “Thou shalt not kill!”

Once the capital of the world for two centuries,

Baghdad looks faded now,

Burdens of weariness etched across her face.

But children come and go, and skip along in innocence

To school, to dance to play,

While mothers watch and wring their hands in fear.

And mornings come and go, and still they rise

To put the coffee on, put on their shoes,

Then warily turn the front doorknob,

An opening to the naked sky.

Yet still they wait, the moments drag.

Six thousand miles away

Debating voices rise

In Congress, and in the streets;

YES, WE SHOULD BOMB IRAQ!

----NO, WE SHOULD’NT!

Unseen in this chaotic world is the glorious perfection

Of the Iraqi children,

Their newborn skin, their shining eyes.

A tiny hand reaching for a father

To lift them up,

To view the wonders of the world.

For now, they are the fortunate

With precious moments left.

For others, all was lost through deprivation.

Victims of sanctions, 5000 die per month, their fate

Carelessly tossed aside like plucked feathers.

And will we send our sons and daughters

To press cold buttons on laser guided bombs,

O’er hospitals, schools, factories, bridges and mosques

And think they will return to us the same?

Their minds, if not their eyes, will forever

Journey backwards through the path of destruction

Seeing bodies strewn in the lingering hell of half-death.

Oh Sky God, Moon God, Wind God, God of Abraham, God of Moses,

And all who have the power to turn the world away from war

Stop us, Stop us, before we hear the cry;

“Forgive them God, they know not what they do.”

Poem 'For the Children of Iraq'

By Patricia Keegan

Washington International

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is nice too, but this is for the victims of 911. There are victims everywhere MK, that is understood. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Smuckers, believe me I think today about the whole time of what happened. I see images infront of me of how much smoke and fire comes out of the twin towers, people screaming and running for their lives, I heard messages of answer machines of people who weren't instantly killed but trapped in the top floors and didn't have any chance to get to safety. So they called families, friends to say good-bye to them. So much heartbreak and pain for these people. How hurtful it must be to imagine that your spouse leaves to work and will never return home because he/she became a victim of terrorism. Believe me nothing is the same anymore after that day. Who would have thought that this was ever to happen? [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a sad day, I just wanted to remember the victims of this day and not so much dwell on what has happened since (we live that everyday, after all). So many were affected by this and my heart does go out to the victims and their families, the parentless children, childless parents, etc. I just wanted to take one day to remember them...
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
that is nice too, but this is for the victims of 911. There are victims everywhere MK, that is understood. [Roll Eyes]

Please go post this on an American forum. This is an Egyptian forum, I hope *that* is understood.

I wonder why you never remember the day Iraq or Lebanon were bombed!

But I agree, may God bless all the innocent souls.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

There are Americans in Egypt and Egyptians in America that 911 affected. I remember and talk about what happens in other countires DAILY just look at the politics section, all i asked for was one day of remembernce for VICTIMS of 911 that's all...there doesn't have to be a fight everywhere and all of the time.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
There are Americans in Egypt and Egyptians in America that 911 affected. I remember and talk about what happens in other countires DAILY just look at the politics section, all i asked for was one day of remembernce for VICTIMS of 911 that's all...there doesn't have to be a fight everywhere and all of the time.

We're not fighting Smuck. All I want is that people also remember the children of Iraq who died today and every day for years now.

Why is this making you so upset?

seabreeze
Member # 10289

You're quite mistaken I'm not upset at all. Why would you read into that?

I'm upset for all victims of war, poverty, inept governments, corruption, brutality, and theft all over this world. Today merely seemed an appropriate occasion to make one thread to remember these particular ones. As usual, however; that's not going to happen it seems....

DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am finding it difficult to be sympathetic to all the media coverage of 9/11 rememberance. That doesn't mean I don't feel for the all the innocent victims. It was an horrific act, that's for sure.

But at work we had a 2 minute silence, and I got annoyed that there is never a 2 minute silence or mark of respect for any other nation that gets bombed/suffered atrocities. The millions that died in Rwanda hardly ever get a mention.

Am I right in thinking that this is the first bomb attack on US soil, or it may be the 2nd. Not sure. But the US have been bombing other nations and innocent people for years now, and they funded NorAid so the IRA could bomb the UK in the 70s and 80s.

Not that two wrongs make a right. I'm not saying that. And not that I don't feel anything for the victims of 9/11 and their families. I do.

But when I see the news-photo of Bush laying a wreath, I get mad cos he just doesn't get it.

I wonder how things would have been if Al Gore would have been elected President?

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the thread heading did say All victims of 911 LOL But anyway it's the thought that counts. Giving my thoughts in rememberence of the 911US victims [Smile]
Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
all i asked for was one day of remembernce for VICTIMS of 911 that's all...there doesn't have to be a fight everywhere and all of the time. [/QB]

Actually we need just one day without having to see memories of 9/11 on the news, stories, on movies and even now in terms of wars and threats.

Make days to Rwandians, Palestinians, Bosnians, Indonesians, Iraqis ...etc but well why should you remember them?

Enough hijaking and twisting of history...it's getting sick!

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree that we shud remember the victims but there are victims every day through killing even soldiers i think there shud be aminuit silence every day not for one paticular day
but i did do a thread for them but not for america..but just for victims so im do a poem if you dont mind smuckers a poem for every day victims ok love

War
It's quiet all around me -
but I hear music in my head.
The love in my heart
is far from being dead.

I say goodbye to everything,
but my heart is still with you.
There are some things in life
that even death cannot undo.

I remember us running
through the streets
when we were small.
Looking for treasures,
and laughing when we'd fall.

We used to think that life
was in the games we used to play.
But there are deadlier games,
in which we have no say.

The world has forgotten
about you and me, my friend.
And everyone we know,
is either gone or dead.

But even though our bodies
have been ravaged by this war,
I know that we will meet again
for in spirit we are whole.

Yes, the world has forgotten
about you and me, my friend.
But I'll see you on the other side -
and we will laugh again!

And even in the darkness,
you will never be alone...
So cheer up, my friend,
we are heading for home.

Carmen Colombo

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshkiA
Member # 10944

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshkiA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My whole insight on this thing is: First of all most people (not all) will feel more patriotism and remorse of victims toward their home country. I don't see ANYTHING wrong with dedicateing a post for 911US victims on this particular day. For me personally today is no different than any other day for victims anywhere. BUT I also respect others beliefs.
Posts: 177 | From: Alexandria,Egypt / Missouri,USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatisch für die Leute
Member # 7291

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Automatisch für die Leute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
September 11, 1973, When US-Backed Troops Took Power in the Pinochet Coup in Chile. Hundreds of thousands of people died in the following years as a result.

But if you insist on remembering the victims of 9/11/2001 then there's always this:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12555.htm

Posts: 83 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why dont we also remeber Sabra Shaltila massacre done by the Jew?

Why dont we also remember deportation of the palestinian?

Why dont we also remeber those children killed in Lebanon?

why dont we also remeber vitenam war victims?

why dont we also remeber the stolen Iraqies dead bodies?

after remeberance of all thses, let us remeber the wtc memorial

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen and thank you. I'm American and I'm REALLY tired of hearing about 9/11. I'm sorry so many lost loved ones that day. I have my own "conspiracy theories" about what happened that day. Like I said in the other thread..I am not an unsympathetic or unfeeling person but seriously must we get our yearly dose of 9/11 shoved down our throats as if we didn't know it happened? Thank God for the Canadian alternative rock channel so I could listen to something good this morning on the way to work. Actual music and not "what did you do on 9/11?". I want to know..how do the ppl of Iraq and Afghanistan feel about being murdered because of our gov't's selfishness and thirst for blood and world domination..oh and let's not forget about the all mighty dollar?

quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
quote:
all i asked for was one day of remembernce for VICTIMS of 911 that's all...there doesn't have to be a fight everywhere and all of the time.

Actually we need just one day without having to see memories of 9/11 on the news, stories, on movies and even now in terms of wars and threats.

Make days to Rwandians, Palestinians, Bosnians, Indonesians, Iraqis ...etc but well why should you remember them?

Enough hijaking and twisting of history...it's getting sick! [/QB]

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7291

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Automatisch für die Leute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you have a nice poem or quote to remember the victims from 911 feel free to post them.... this day affected so many in the world, not just Americans. Peace to all ! [Smile]

Our children changed that day.
they suddenly lost their innocence,
and reality that war had touched our borders
came true.

The children carried jugs of water to load the trucks for victims,
the children brought their own money,
the children gave hope as their tears reached heaven.

No longer did we question in our minds,
"Where is God?"
For we knew the tears of the children were being seen by him,
the smoke had reached his nostrils,
and we knew it was time to pray and pray,
for the childrens tears had reached heaven.

by Mary Carroll-Bower, Sept. 2001

Your children did NOT change and there was no loss of innocence. Nothing changed, nothing whatsoever.The US government, supported by far too many Americans, have been killing people around the world for more the half a century, that did not change and will not change as a result of few thousands of people dying.

Let us pray that all US/Canadian/British/Australian troops in Afghanistan and Iraq die a horrible death.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do u think that those people killed on 11/9 would still alive if there wasnt any attack to WTC?
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in qadar...that was the day Allah wanted those ppl to die whether it be in the WTC or hit by a bus crossing the street. Maybe I'm morbid but that's what I think. We can't escape death.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Qadr in Arabic= fate or destiny ( in English)
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Yes, I believe in fate.
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
I understand ur earlier post i just was pointing out the meaning of "Qadr" to English people

believing include
1- Allah
1-Angels
3-all prophets
4-all sacred books
5-fate either good or bad

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Automatisch für die Leute:
Let us pray that all US/Canadian/British/Australian troops in Afghanistan and Iraq die a horrible death.

Amen.
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
not only the troops. the troops are machines and there is someone who moves it. We have to pray to explode the Big bosh( sorry big boss)
Member # 7291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatisch für die Leute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
62,006 - 180,000, the number killed in the 'war on terror'

By David Randall and Emily Gosden

09/10/06 "The Independent" --- -The "war on terror" - and by terrorists - has directly killed a minimum of 62,006 people, created 4.5 million refugees and cost the US more than the sum needed to pay off the debts of every poor nation on earth.

If estimates of other, unquantified, deaths - of insurgents, the Iraq military during the 2003 invasion, those not recorded individually by Western media, and those dying from wounds - are included, then the toll could reach as high as 180,000.

The extraordinary scale of the conflict's impact, claiming lives from New York to Bali and London to Lahore, and the extent of the death tolls in Iraq and Afghanistan, has emerged from an Independent on Sunday survey to mark the fifth anniversary of 11 September. It used new, unpublished data supplied by academics and organisations such as Iraq Body Count and Professor Marc Herold of the University of New Hampshire, plus estimates given by other official studies.

The result is the first attempt to gauge the full cost in blood and money of the worldwide atrocities and military conflicts that began in September 2001. As of yesterday, the numbers of lives confirmed lost are: 4,541 to 5,308 civilians and 385 military in Afghanistan; 50,100 civilians and 2,899 military in Iraq; and 4,081 in acts of terrorism in the rest of the world.

The new figure on civilian deaths from Iraq Body Count, a group of British and US academics, is especially telling. Just two and a half years ago, its estimate of the number of civilian dead in Iraq passed 10,000. Today, it says, that figure has gone beyond the 50,000 mark - a huge leap largely attributable to terrorist acts and the breakdown of civil authority.

Iraq Body Count's careful methodology - of recording a death only when it appears in two independent media reports - almost certainly produces a substantial underestimate. Even the Iraqi Health Ministry reports a slightly higher figure, and President Bush's much-quoted figure of 30,000 civilian dead dates from December 2005, when it tallied with the then IBC figure. Insurgent deaths are not included in the IBC figures, and neither are those of Iraqi police when engaged in combat-style operations.

Estimates of the former are, together with the number of Iraqi military killed in the battle phase of the Iraq occupation, the biggest unknown of the conflict. One US news report guessed the insurgent dead in Iraq at 36,000 since 2003, while the number of Iraqi military killed during the invasion phase remains unknown and unknowable.

Neither category is included in our figure of 62,006 confirmed directly killed. Nor does it include any figures for people later dying from wounds received, or the increased mortality owing to lack of health care. Estimates for one or the other ranging up to 130,000 have been produced, but are based on little more than educated (and uneducated) guesswork or, as with the controversial Lancet estimate of 98,000 deaths due to extra mortality, by amplifying a survey of 988 households into a nation-wide conclusion.

What is certain is the wretched state of health care in Iraq. In March 2006 the campaign group Medact reported that 18,000 physicians have left since 2003; an estimated 250 of those that remained have been kidnapped and, in 2005 alone, 65 killed. Medact also said that "easily treatable conditions such as diarrhoea and respiratory illness caused 70 per cent of all child deaths", and that "of the 180 health clinics the US hoped to build by the end of 2005, only four have been completed and none has been opened". In May, a survey by the Iraq government and Unicef reported that a quarter of all Iraqi children suffer from malnutrition.

In Afghanistan, the most reliable recorder of civilian deaths is Professor Marc Herold, whose latest figures range from 4,541 to 5,308. He does not include those who die subsequently from their injuries or in refugee camps.These "indirect" deaths have been put at anything from 8,000 to 20,000. More accurate are estimates of refugee numbers. In July, the US Committee for Refugees and Immigrants said there were 2.2 million Afghans who had fled abroad and at least 153,200 displaced internally. For Iraq, there were 888,700 external refugees, and 1.3 million people displaced inside the country. An estimated 40 per cent of the Iraqi middle class have left Iraq.

Beyond the blood price, there is a dollar and sterling cost. In July it was reported that the US Congress had approved $437bn (£254bn) for costs related to the "war on terror". This, a sum greater than those spent on the Korean and Vietnam wars, compares to the $375bn that Make Poverty History says is needed to clear the debts of the world's poorest nations. The British Government has spent £4.5bn on Iraq and Afghanistan.

IRAQ: Orphaned and badly burned at 12

The image of a despairing 12-year-old orphan lying on a filthy Iraqi hospital bed, his arms burnt off above the elbow, symbolised the "collateral damage" of the second Gulf war. Ali Abbas had 60 per cent burns after an American bombing raid on the Baghdad suburbs hit his home and killed 15 of his relatives, including his parents and his brother.

Three years later the young Iraqi, now a teenager living in Britain, enjoys cycling around London's Richmond Park on a special bicycle and playing games on his PlayStation with his feet. He will be taking his GCSEs next year, at a private school whose headmaster has waived the usual £8,000 annual fees. According to his teachers Ali, 15, is fluent in English and is particularly good at geography.

He is not a typical teenager, his therapist, Grania Hyde-Smith, said; Ali cannot brush his teeth, bathe or use the lavatory unaided. "He is a well-adjusted teenager. And when you consider what he's been through, that is a brilliant, inspirational and remarkable achievement."

Although he spends school holidays in Iraq, Ali is not sure that he will end up there. "I found my house on Google Earth the other day, where it had been. I found a white spot from the sky. When I went there last summer it seemed a dangerous place," he said.

JORDAN: Shot by a lone extremist

Christopher Stokes was with a tour group visiting the Roman amphitheatre in Jordan's capital, Amman, when he was shot by a lone extremist last week. The 30-year-old had given up his accountancy job to tour the Middle East. "Christopher lived his dreams," his father Rod, 59, said. "He travelled because he wanted to meet people."

SPAIN: Bombed on way to work

Maria Moyano did not drive to work on the morning of the Madrid bombings in March 2004; she was awaiting delivery of her new car. The 30-year-old economics student had just returned from studying in America and was planning a July wedding. Her body was so badly mutilated in the blast that it took several days to identify her.

USA: Passenger on United 93

Deora Bodley was a first-year student at a Catholic university in California. The 20-year old San Diegan was the youngest of 44 passengers killed when United Airlines Flight 93 crashed into a Pennsylvania field on 11 September 2001. She was supposed to take the flight an hour later, but wanted to get home sooner to her family and boyfriend.

AFGHANISTAN: Killed at a checkpoint

Nasrat Ali Hassan was shot as he passed a Canadian military checkpoint outside Kandahar in March. The 45-year-old father of six was a passenger in a rickshaw taxi, and was allegedly shot four times. The price of compensating his family should start with Canadian citizenship, according to the victim's eldest brother.

BALI

Although the Australian and British victims of the Bali bombings in October 2002 were widely reported, many of the dead killed in the Bali attack were Indonesian. Made Wijaya, 39, was a taxi driver waiting for fares outside the Sari Club. He left behind a wife and three children. Seven people from his village died, all of them taxi drivers.

Member # 7291

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatisch für die Leute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And one more for those who would like to remember with a smile on their face:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article13416.htm

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Your children did NOT change and there was no loss of innocence. Nothing changed, nothing whatsoever.The US government, supported by far too many Americans, have been killing people around the world for more the half a century, that did not change and will not change as a result of few thousands of people dying.

Actually some of these evil American children did change.

I go to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts occasionally, I have an erotic crush on a portrait of a Cardinal on the third floor.

But on that same floor is plenty of 16th and 17th century paintings of the Madonna with child. Everyone knows the Madonna, the Virgin Mother Saint is heavily veiled like all Arab women in the Middle East.

Now here's the hard part, "Mommy? who's that? Is that a mother of a terrorist?"

Enough said. When these kids figure out who that stunning woman is they will figure out how much of their nation was a lie growing up.

Like I always knew that not all Ruskis were evil and atheist, most weren't/aren't. It just took the rest of my classmates 2 decades to figure out what I knew instinctively.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Amen and thank you. I'm American and I'm REALLY tired of hearing about 9/11. I'm sorry so many lost loved ones that day.

I'm tired of hearing about it too (can't wait for it to be Tuesday), but it's just the way we (Americans) are. I mean, we're still commemorating Pearl Harbor Day. That holds absolutely no meaning for me, personally.

But I *do* find it odd that other countries are taking moments of silence for 9/11. [Confused]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
September 11, 1973, When US-Backed Troops Took Power in the Pinochet Coup in Chile. Hundreds of thousands of people died in the following years as a result.

But if you insist on remembering the victims of 9/11/2001 then there's always this:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article12555.htm

Yeah but do you remember which governments were protecting and giving "amnesty" to Pinochet when he finally lost grip of his nation?

I mean seriously Pinochet wouldn't have stayed put in Chile without help and thats why he was never put up infront of the Hague for his crimes. Though the Canadian and American government demanded he'd face justice.

I have a former volunteering peer who married a young man from Chile. And yeah he's hot. But anyhow this young dude had tried in vain for years to immigrate to Europe or the UK, but with a family member who dared to defy the government he didn't have a chance. Then he went to bogota went to the consulate there and was given a visa on the same day. Later on he used his residency status to clear up some government trouble for a couple of family members. Whats bizarre is he had help from a few people who work in non-profits here in Minnesota. Human rights activists in Bogota got alot of red tape cut and went to Chile to make sure that the property confiscated was released to the family (a ranch) and that the deceased man's sons were finally able to attend college.

In Chile you cannot defy Pinochet and expect your life to go on. Someone will get killed, your property confiscated and your family will cease to exist officially with the government. Through human rights organizations here in Minnesota he was able to do what he could've never accomplished through an official international court in Europe.

He's happy, finished his masters to match his wife's masters (if he is not as educated his dick will fall off) and they are happily reproducing like rabbits. Making a 15 hour trip to Chile to see relatives every year without fear.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 7291

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Automatisch für die Leute   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:

There we go again with your twisted version of reality. What exactly made those children evil?
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:
quote:

There we go again with your twisted version of reality. What exactly made those children evil?
being born and raised in America, like all other Americans.
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

I urge everyone to watch this video:

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/voice_prophet

Voice of the Prophet

A truly chilling example of foreshadowing, The Voice of the Prophet is an interview with Rick Rescorla, the head of security for the investment firm Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. Filmed on the 44th floor of the World Trade Center in 1998, Rescorla details the future of warfare long before Osama bin Laden became America's Most Wanted.

A retired Army colonel, veteran of combat in three wars and a survivor of the 1993 bombing of the twin towers (in which he saved the lives of hundreds of Morgan Stanley employees), Rescorla was killed in the WTC attacks of September 11, 2001. In this interview, Rescorla all but predicts the events that lead up to the September 11 attack and the war on terrorism that followed.

I think his loyalties are a bit too strong toward the military... But often the culprit who is in bed with the other culprit end up making the most truthful statements about what they are about to screw up. Blindingly towards the light knowing their doom, yet moves on.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com