EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hello everyone. I'm new in Cairo. What are some fun things to do here?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello everyone. I'm new in Cairo. What are some fun things to do here?
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cari Egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I moved from another city in Egypt to Cairo and I wanted to know what are some fun things to do here. I'm Mexican American, so it would be nice to find things that are similar to what I did back home. And it would also be great to make friends here instead of being alone in the apartment everyday.

Thanks.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 3 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

Posts: 19 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ciprianni
Member # 11937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ciprianni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,I'm new too. [Smile]
Posts: 4 | From: sittin down | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe I voted!

Welcome Kari. Tell us about your hobbies and interests. Do you like to go out to dance or eat or sport or drive around [Big Grin] or to go cultural events or visit tourist sites or what exactly?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cari Egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ciprianni,

How long have you've been in Cairo, if you don't mind me asking?

Posts: 19 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Hi Chiwawa BBQ,

Well I don't go dancing anymore but I do like to go to restaurants where they have nice live music playing, things like that. It would be nice to go to some cultural events and I like doing the whole tourist thing. I just have to pretend I'm Egyptian so they won't over charge us. lol. [Smile] I like to travel, so driving out of the city to explore other areas would be nice.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then this website is a good start:

http://www.cairodining.com/

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Thanks.
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Don't miss on the Cairo Opera House . They hold such nice events, like ballets, modern dance performances and classical music concerts.

Just wonderful! I love it.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Another site dedicated for all what's hot in Cairo:

http://www.yallabina.com/

Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
This sounds like fun. I want to make sure I enjoy Egypt this year. Last year I didn't do much so thats why I became stressed and depressed. So I really need to go out there even on my own. Even if it means to get lost in this big city. [Smile]
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may want to take the early train from Cairo to Alex to cool off at the beach. Even better if you could stay a few days and enjoy the sunset too.
Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Demiana
Member # 2710

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Demiana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course there are all sorts of museums, the library, the parks, shopping, the fort of qtbay, the aquarium

In Cairo I loved to go to the centre near the Hilton, in the street on the right opposite of it you have MacDonald and a fishburgersomething. On that corner they sell all sorts of magazines in English, French, German. The park on the foot of the tower on Zamalek is nice to sit down.

--------------------
Fools blame everyone else, starting philosophers blame themselves, wise people don't blame anyone (Epictetus)

Posts: 1419 | From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Hi Demiana,

My husband did get to take me somewhere near the tower. We sat in a cafe that was on the other side of the nile, so we got to see the tower from there. It was really nice. Thanks for the ideas.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ciprianni:
Hello,I'm new too. [Smile]

Nice try [Wink]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new, me too [Smile]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried the desert safaris? I have friends who are sddicted to it [Big Grin]

Another place you'll love is the El Sakya Cultural Wheel in Zamalek where they have all kinds of cultural events such as Art & photography exhibitions, bands perform all kinds of music, seminars,...etc

Check The Cutural Wheel Website for more info, Calendar of events, buying tickets online.

Desert Safaris & diving websites: Egypt desert safari & diving, Embah Sinai desert safari Camel diving, Wester desert safaris, Memphis Tours for desert safaris Menatravel Western desert safaris, diving, safris & nile cruises

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kari 1:
My husband and I moved from another city in Egypt to Cairo and I wanted to know what are some fun things to do here. I'm Mexican American, so it would be nice to find things that are similar to what I did back home. And it would also be great to make friends here instead of being alone in the apartment everyday.

Thanks.

You can always chew on your nails any where you like [Big Grin]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com