EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » the best place in the world to live?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the best place in the world to live?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last night i was looking at amazing pictures of the best places in the world to live...

then i watched a program on the worlds most deadliest animals....

then one on natural disasters!

up until then, id only been ruling places out on the education system!!!

weighing up all the pros and cons (education, health, tsunamis, bears, earthquakes, alligators and property prices)...

where in the world is the best place to live?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:

where in the world is the best place to live?

.... where the heart feels home. [Smile]

Seriously, Charm, there are many factors playing a role about what place feels best for each indidual to live. And also what someone might feel comforable with; another person dislikes.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, of course, i just thought it would be interesting to hear what people have to say, what they like and dislike etc... especially seeing as we have so many people here who dont live in their home country, and a few who have either just made a big move, or are about to make one.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
OK, i will start.

SCOTLAND!!! its beautiful, cheap property, good education system, great community spirit... but COLD!

ENGLAND... but nice places like dorset and somerset... beautiful, lovely houses, nice communities.... but EXPENSIVE.. and not great weather!

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have the dangerous funnelweb,red back spider, the white pointer shark and the saltwater crocodile, and the brown snake, and the blue ringed octopus, box jelly fish and blue bottles arggh.
And the hole in the ozone layer-sheesh!.
I have seen a funnelweb( dead in a swimming pool) and also a red back. Never a big shark,never a snake.
I have seen a blue ringed octopus in the rock pools at the beach, and been stung to buggery by blue bottles in the surf( kids right of passage !) but never box ones( wrong area).
But its still lovely here.
New Zealand is also the go, if southern hemisphere is a choice.I dont think they have any dangerous animals there at all.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mac0623
Member # 10529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mac0623     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think nottingham is great ,its like a mid western town, a shooting every week
Posts: 1344 | From: uk/ | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zan2et el-Settat.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well according to a study made last year sydney is the most livable city in the world. but i agree with tiger, people are different what appeals to one, might not appeal to another at all
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
i need to stop watching these programs...

add volcanos onto the list!

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my home its full of ZEST AND LIFE AND U DONT NEED TO GO AND LIVE OR VISIT PLACES I HAVE IT ALL HERE ON MY DOORSTEP ITS GREAT WUDNT WANT TO BE ANY WHERE ELSE ,ive even got a palm tree which me sneaked out 4years ago ...i happy ....just shame about the weather ..
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cHiMpSs:
my home its full of ZEST AND LIFE AND U DONT NEED TO GO AND LIVE OR VISIT PLACES I HAVE IT ALL HERE ON MY DOORSTEP ITS GREAT WUDNT WANT TO BE ANY WHERE ELSE ,ive even got a palm tree which me sneaked out 4years ago ...i happy ....just shame about the weather ..

Chimpss [Confused]

Did you just noose his numb nuts or what?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm el Feikh?:

then one on natural disasters!

Hmmm, never thought of that. All the really beautiful places I can think of are in danger of some natural disaster. [Frown]

Northern California, Oregon Coast, the Carribean, the Yucatan Penninsula in Mexico....

How about Italy? Greece maybe? On one of the Islands?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
Originally posted by cHiMpSs:

Chimpss [Confused]
hehehehe youmake me alaugh i do more than numb his nuts [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

how are you mk such a pleasure to see you here ...

Did you just noose his numb nuts or what?

Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sneezer:
the Yucatan Penninsula in Mexico....

I LOVED IT THERE... oops, still in caps from talking to hahiba [Roll Eyes] ... its amazing... i treked through the jungle to reach chichen itza on the day of the equinox where you see a shadow snake slither down the main temple. i drew blood on the sacrificial stone (by accident) and it instantly rained FROM NOWHERE.. the tour guide wouldnt talk to me for the rest of the day, thought i had magical powers!!!

snooz, i was horrified to see all the reconstructions of the kids who have been attacked in the states by alligators, mountain lions, bears, etc... thats why i started to wonder where in the world i could raise my kids safely and happily.

its got me wondering... where did it all go wrong when bringing your children up in a nice home in a beautiful, safe environment, with a good community spirit and clean air.. at an affordable price is a PIPE DREAM????!!!!!

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the whole world is dangerous in some respect or another.

I think it's wonderful that you have an opportunity to raise your children in different places. I personally think that's one of the best types of education there is.

As far as the practical aspect, just knowledge and common sense. Not sure what else we can do?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
costa del easterhouse is gorgeous this time of year!!!

Seriously leave out New Zealand, they have nil sense of humour.............that needs to be a priority charm!!! you need to go where folk can laugh..........understand your sense of humour, and that is a hard one...............Ireland is a good bet.............but wet.
Nothing worse than going down the pub and someone picking a fight over nothing coz they dont understand the humour.

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cmon-kiwis have an excellent sense of humour! Its just a bit ah...quirky!
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
anyone ever seen the calendar girls? id love to live somewhere like that, a nice little village in the yorkshire dales, but i want the sun!
germany75
Member # 11492

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germany75         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the best place to live is your own country, town, village. Where all your relatives and friends live. Going on holiday is great, you can enjoy for some time but at the end, everybody is happy going back to his own house. But to be honest: australia has always been my dream...
Posts: 71 | From: germany | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ive seen the calendar girls and i come from yorkshire and i tell you its one of the best places to come from, beautiful in every aspect, but the winters are harsh, but they look picture post card,
calendar girls, fab movie

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Zan2et el-Settat.

LOL.... i love you [Big Grin]

I'd love to live somewhere where beach & city is combined..... you get the beauty of living on a beach & you get the livliness of the city.
For instance, LA in California.... Miami in Florida

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me? Cairo, just now.... Maybe Lubnan (before they messed it up).. Id love to live in m country, but I guess its not gonna be safe there for some years, if ever :S

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I should have added Lebanon, Italy, south of france or Spain... I also love Latin America but i guess it's not an easy place to live in
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Costa Rica's a good place to live...they don't even have an army, which I think is quite cool. Beautiful weather, beautiful forests, friendly people, interesting animals.
Posts: 22 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderball
Member # 11940

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world’s best country

And the winner is... IRELAND!

Top Quality Country Ranking
Worldwide quality-of-life index, 2005

1. Ireland GDP: $ 37,790
2. Switzerland $ 33,580
3. Norway $ 39,590
4. Louxembourg $ 54,690
5. Sweden $ 30,590
6. Australia $ 31,010
7. Iceland $ 33,560
8. Italy $ 27,960
9. Denmark $ 32,490
10. Spain $ 25,370
11.Singapore $ 32,530
12. Finland $ 29,650
13. United States $ 41,529
14. Canada $ 34,150
15. New Zealand $ 25,110
16. Netherlands $ 30,920
17. Japan $ 30,750
18. Hong Kong $ 31,660
19. Portugal $ 19,530
20. Austria $ 31,420
21. Taiwan $ 28,070
22. Greece $ 22,340
23. Cyprus $ 20,500
24. Belgium $ 30,660
25. France $ 30,640
26. Germany $ 28,250
27. Slovenia $ 21,892
28. Malta $ 18,710
29. United Kingdom $ 31,150
30. Korea, South $ 23,360
31. Chile $ 12,120
32. Mexico $ 10,000
33. Barbados $ 16,632
34. Czech Rep. $ 17,600
35. Costa Rica $ 9,000
36. Malaysia $ 10,450
37. Hungary $ 16,047
38. Israel $ 21,310
39. Brazil $ 8,760
40. Argentina $ 13,350

....and bottom:

60. China $ 6,270
65. Morocco $ 4,660
71. Indonesia $ 3,840
80. Egypt $ 3,930
92. South Africa $ 10,810
93. Pakistan $ 2,340
105. Russia $ 9,810
108. Nigeria $ 960
110. Haiti $ 1,470
111. Zimbabwe $ 1,500

Source: The Economist.

Posts: 61 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chinderella on the Left wing:
quote:
Zan2et el-Settat.

LOL.... i love you [Big Grin]

I'd love to live somewhere where beach & city is combined..... you get the beauty of living on a beach & you get the livliness of the city.
For instance, LA in California.... Miami in Florida

considering all above mentioned...
then the best place can be any where in the CARIBEAN....
there you have it all...
the sun.....the rain....the beautiful sea..
very cheap...nice people...wonderful food...lots of fun...cheap prices..and for sure people there have a wonderful sence of humor...
if you go to the Dominican Republic...you will bite yr nails when you leave..
imagine hearing bachata music 24/7..on the turqoise coloured sea.....palm trees...
awesom really...

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
been to Dom Republic, dont you just lurrrv bachata, the rum, the sea, the folks and the beauty and the beautful smiling faces

yes a very good choice
A very big kiss to the dom republic
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com