EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Money and Friendship.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Money and Friendship.
Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day I had this incident: a friend borrowed some money from me and he said "I will write yu a paper or I will write you a check," and I said "no and I don't owe you a paper or a check," he said "you wouldn't know what is going to happen tomorrow," and I said "if you my best friend are going to cheat me then it wouldn't be of any use to talk money because it would be end of the world to me. May be not exactly end of the world, but could be the end of friendship to me. Not the end of mine-his friendship.After a while a long while my friend returned the money back(to be honest not all the amout) but few days later after returning back the money our friendship ended. Not over money, but over mistrust. lack of trust over so many things. The meaning of friendship was not gone forever but a dear friend was gone forever.
I remember some words of Joseph Conrad he once said: "Wooo to the man, his heart has not learnt while young to hope, to love, and to put his trust in life.So love means trust and means hope, means trust in life. Do we really trust life?Imagine if you were a jockey riding a horse, if you did not trust your horse would you trust yourself?!
To be honest and precisely, I am really sorry for 8 years friendship, we used to hang out here and there,talk,gossip, and so and so...all became memories, I dont care really about the money but my dear lost friend, I really wish that I could turn back the time and be together like the old days but I know in my inside its khalas gone forever. I really dont know why I am writing about him now, but he just came to my mind these days and I thought to share with you guys my story,thats all. its a male friend by the way:)Cheers all.

Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What destroyed the trust? He gave you most of the money back, but you said the lack of trust stemmed from "so many things" and did not go into it any further. Not that you have to, as it is your business, but if you feel like sharing it I am curious about what took place.
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com